+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Antonio Meeking looking good

Puppy Akbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs Up Antonio Meeking looking good

From cbs.sportsline July 22
    Charlotte

Sean May was dominant in Salt Lake City, putting together a pair of double-doubles, which included an 18-rebound game in a loss to tournament host Utah. The early returns were also good for college teammate Raymond Felton, who overcame missing a game with a strained left groin to lead the event in assists. Matt Carroll was the third big piece for the Bobcats, finishing as the team's top scorer. Antonio Meeking, an unheralded forward from Louisiana Tech, was terrific off the bench and seems to have a chance at cracking the roster as a reserve

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Antonio Meeking looking good

I thought Tiger was playing overseas.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I thought it was Gerrod playing overseas and Tiger was playing at some USBL type of league on the East coast. I'm not sure either. But either way good job Tiger. I hope he can make the roster.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I thought it was Gerrod playing overseas and Tiger was playing at some USBL type of league on the East coast. I'm not sure either. But either way good job Tiger. I hope he can make the roster.
    As I remember, he was playing here but was getting tired of waiting to be called up, so he decided he was going to sign a contract to play overseas.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Gerrod and Tiger were both playing in a league in Serbia this winter.

Other former Dawgs.

Lavelle Felton is playing in Turkey.

Curtis Williams is in Saudi Arabia.

Ryan Bond is playing in Germany.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Didn't Tiger play in a league over here for a little while?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    Didn't Tiger play in a league over here for a little while?
    tiger was in the nbdl before signing overseas.

theprofessor

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

6-foot-8 forward Antonio Meeking has agreed to a two-yeard deal with the Charlotte Bobcats for the minimum salary, agent Michael Whitaked told HoopsHype.com. HoopsHype.com

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

meeking was leading the nbdl in scoring last year, but other big guys were getting called up over him. he finally signed with a team in serbia to finish out the year.

most guys come back in the summer and catch on to a summer league team. if they play well, they may get invited to a nba training camp.

it seems like meeking made a good move to play with charlotte's summer team. they only have primoz brezec, emeka okafor, and now sean may up front that are any good. he will have to battle former fresno st. center melvin ely for any playing time.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Other standouts for the Bobcats in the league were Matt Carroll and Antonio Meeking.

Carroll finished third in scoring at 16.0 per game and led the league in minutes played at 30.3 per game. Meeking averaged 9.3 points and 3.8 rebounds.

n Signing date looms: The Bobcats and other NBA teams can begin signing free agent contracts Thursday at 6 p.m. Charlotte has already reached an agreement with Meeking - Hoopshype.com reports that it is a two-year deal.

-

Forward Antonio Meeking, one of the leading scorers last season for Asheville of the National Basketball Development League (renamed the NBA Developmental League on Tuesday), has bought into the system.

"They know I can score," said Meeking, a 6-foot-8 forward who is averaging 12 points a game this week. "What I have to do is go out there and play defense, show them I can do that. They're making me feel really comfortable about that."

-

Antonio Meeking, an unheralded forward from Louisiana Tech, was terrific off the bench and seems to have a chance at cracking the roster as a reserve.

-

TOP SCORERS: Three of the top six scoring leaders at the Rocky Mountain Revue are former D-Leaguers. Britton Johnsen (Fayetteville) leads the league at 19.0 ppg, followed by Matt Carroll (Roanoke) at 17.0. Antonio Meeking (Tulsa) is sixth with 13.7 ppg.

-

Antonio Meeking was the only other player of note for the Bobcats. Meeking is extremely athletic and gets up in the air but is often times out of control. If he is able to control his body more, he could really contribute. He received 6 fouls in 24 minutes.

But recent draftee Johan Petro was foul-prone, whistled six times in his overall 11 minutes against the likes of the Bobcats' Antonio Meeking, a nasty possible Charles Oakley-type who keyed Ashville to the NBDL title this year. Meeking dropped a drop-step bucket in Petro's face to open the 4th period of a game that was being blown open by Charlotte at that point.

-

Antonio Meeking looked good in this game getting 15 points but got in foul trouble, ending the game with 6.

-

Matt Carroll and Antonio Meeking also have shined, scoring 31 and 26 points, respectively, in the team's first two games.

-

DIET TIP: Want to shave 30 pounds off your body and save a pro basketball career?

Eat baked chicken.

That's what Antonio Meeking did last winter, and it might help him earn a roster spot with the Bobcats. A 6-foot-8 power forward from Louisiana Tech, he has been a pleasant surprise so far.

Meeking trimmed down from 270-plus pounds to 245. Different body, different player.

"When he was that size, he still had the explosiveness, but he didn't have the lateral quickness he has now," said Bobcats assistant J.B. Bickerstaff, who is coordinating summer league.

Meeking bounced around -- the NBA's developmental league, the U.S. Basketball League and a stint in Serbia-Montenegro -- when he chose this winter to get serious about losing weight.

"Drinking lots of water, no fried foods and eating baked chicken for five months," Meeking said of his diet.

Now he's lean and mean.

"When you drive to the basket, he won't be giving up layups," Bickerstaff said. "He has a `this is my paint and I'm here to protect it' mentality. He would complement a Primoz (Brezec), an Emeka (Okafor), a Sean May. So I think he's definitely got some attributes that we could use on this ball club."

-

Q. Are any of the undrafted new guys keepers? Michigan State's Alan Anderson and Louisiana Tech's Antonio Meeking have the best shots at being invited to training camp in October. Anderson plays on the perimeter and Meeking in the post, but they share a sense of toughness the Bobcats lacked last season.

-

Antonio Meeking (Asheville) chipped in 14 points and five boards on Friday and followed that with 12 and five on Saturday...

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I always thought meeking had the athleticism (he is very smooth on the court) and body type to play in the NBA, although his height would be a hindrance. I am glad to see that he has signed a pro contract. I always thought he was good enough.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Tiger's offensive improvement from his junior year to his senior was nothing short of incredible. He developed the mid-range jumper, he could hit the turn-around off the glass, and he began to put the ball on the floor. I'll never forget when he grabbed a rebound, dribbled coast-to-coast, and dunked the ball on somebody's head against Hawai'i! I see him as a Corliss Williamson type who will have a decent career in the NBA.

+ Reply to Thread