+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caruthers -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Caruthers -

Since it is now "offically" closed and slated for DESTRCUTION -

Did any BB&Bers reside there?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: Caruthers -

7th floor, lookin out towards the softball field

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Bring down Neilson next!

Add bars and you have a prison.

Top floor, Room 1101. We had a swarm of wasps above the ceiling tiles. Every now and then, one would drop down and get us while we were sleeping.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Since it is now "offically" closed and slated for DESTRCUTION -

Did any BB&Bers reside there?
    Caruthers 4th floor, then 3rd floor, then 2nd floor for more than two years. I learned the lower down you were in the building, the easier it was to move in and out at the beginning/end of the year without the elevator. I've been stuck in the elevator in Caruthers twice, and Neilson once for good measure, too (I lived on the seventh floor of Neilson).

That really was a terrible facility. Lots of good memories, but a terrible building.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, Three years in the cider block palace. Sixth floor corner room overlooking the parking lot and Mitchell.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Nielson 417 for my freshman year. Next to the elevator which did not work half of the time. Some friends of mine put a bunch of skoal spit, water, dirt, etc... under our door one night when my roomate and I were not there. We found out who it was. Some friends playing a joke. We got one of 55 gallon drums used as a garbage can, emptied it, filled it about 3/4 full of water. Went to what we thought was their room, leaned it on the door, knocked, and hauled a$$. Well, it wasn't their room, we went down 1 room too far. It was 2 big OL for the football team. To this day, that is the fastest I have ever run in my life. I guarantee you I was running a 4.0 flat in the 40. They never found out who did it. We ruined their carpet, basically, anything that was on the floor. 40 gallons of rushing dirty water in a room. Man, the memories...

Neilson does need to come down, although I think dorm life should not be as easy as it is getting. Dorm life is supposed to dorm life. I have lots of good memories/stories from Neilson. Today's kids want a freaking luxury apartment coming out of high school. You gotta earn your keep.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Unfortunately, most of the parents want them to have that luxury apartment too. Just in the last three years, high school kids are so much more spoiled by their parents. I was spoiled to a point too but my dad had me in a dorm and I enjoyed it although I was ready to get out

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I was in Neisen 1110. I was at the top of the tower, it was great. Luckily, the elevators held up all but one time in my memory. I think dorm life is the way. It builds character and toughens you up a bit to get you ready for life on your own. It is just a sign of the times, though, people keep getting more pussified as the world keeps spinning. All my grandparents and old uncles and aunts lived hard lives, picking cotton and losing digits, fighting in every war, you get the point. I forgot where I was going, but life is much easier, and we can all be thankful for that. We do need new housing, but I dont know aobut the luxury suites (if you can call them that).

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Neilson 808 for one year, then Cottingham for 3 years (including during the Cott Fire), and 3 months in Hutt 4-something (because of the Cott Fire).

All things considered, Cottingham was still, far and away, the best dorm. I hated the Neilson elevators. People were always lighting stuff on fire in there. And some jerk even threw up in there once (I can neither confirm nor deny that that jerk was me. :-P )

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    Neilson 808 for one year, then Cottingham for 3 years (including during the Cott Fire), and 3 months in Hutt 4-something (because of the Cott Fire).

All things considered, Cottingham was still, far and away, the best dorm. I hated the Neilson elevators. People were always lighting stuff on fire in there. And some jerk even threw up in there once (I can neither confirm nor deny that that jerk was me. :-P )
    You were there for the fire too? I was there, asleep in my boxers, and i had to run out without my glasses and in my boxers and a tight white. That was a bad night, but not as bad as the guys who got their crap burnt. It was definitely the best dorm I ever stayed in, especially since i was on the 11th floor in Neilsen.

Varsity Bulldog scubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nicescubbdog is just really nice scubbdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    You were there for the fire too? I was there, asleep in my boxers, and i had to run out without my glasses and in my boxers and a tight white. That was a bad night, but not as bad as the guys who got their crap burnt. It was definitely the best dorm I ever stayed in, especially since i was on the 11th floor in Neilsen.
    I barely made it out with a pair of pants and flip flops. If my roommate hadn't been awake I don't know how long I would have slept. But yes the best of my dorm years were in Cott.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

I lived in Neilson 1115 in '98 when the fire alarms went off. We were studying for finals and thought it was another drill so we just locked the door until our RA beat it down and told us it was real. We walked down 11 flights of stairs with a cascading waterfall following us due to the sprinkler system and spent the next few hours at Johnny's Pizza. We got out of finals for three days which was nice.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

For 6 weeks in the Summer of 1981...the cockroaches were literally a swarming mass!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Cott 207. Ran out in my shorts and a tshirt. No shoes, no glasses...

Luckily, my roommate's friend let me borrow his sandals and glasses to go to class and get advised the next day.

My roommate was awake, and woke me up, and when we ran out, we left the door open. So all our stuff got smoke damaged pretty bad. Had to wash my clothes like 5 times to get the smell out. Wound up throwing away quite a bit of suff too. I think the worst part was having to move to Hutt for 3 months though. :-P I'm just glad no one was hurt too badly.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

8th floor neilson (1yr), 2nd of cott (1yr). i don't remember the fire so, i guess that was the year after a moved off campus. never lived in caruthers but i had friends that did...and i pitied them...and i lived in neilson at the time. good ridence to it. anybody up for tailgating the demolition?

+ Reply to Thread