+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caruthers -

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: Caruthers -

O yeah Carruthers room 531 That was a time..... I think everyone should experience dorm life for at least a year but God was I happy to move off campus.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    Cott 207. Ran out in my shorts and a tshirt. No shoes, no glasses...

Luckily, my roommate's friend let me borrow his sandals and glasses to go to class and get advised the next day.

My roommate was awake, and woke me up, and when we ran out, we left the door open. So all our stuff got smoke damaged pretty bad. Had to wash my clothes like 5 times to get the smell out. Wound up throwing away quite a bit of suff too. I think the worst part was having to move to Hutt for 3 months though. :-P I'm just glad no one was hurt too badly.
    I was lucky to be in 101 and right by the door, so no smoke damage and I got out quickly. I just remember not knowing what was going on because I did not have my glasses. All I could hear were the guys yelling and windows breaking, it was pretty crazy.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad
    Bring down Neilson next!

Add bars and you have a prison.

Top floor, Room 1101. We had a swarm of wasps above the ceiling tiles. Every now and then, one would drop down and get us while we were sleeping.
    i was in the northwest corner of the 11th floor (can't remember the number). we had wasps,too, but a great view of the sports campus.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    I was lucky to be in 101 and right by the door, so no smoke damage and I got out quickly. I just remember not knowing what was going on because I did not have my glasses. All I could hear were the guys yelling and windows breaking, it was pretty crazy.
    when did cot catch fire? i was in 102 in 99-00 and 00-01. great memories from that dorm -- by far the best men's dorm. the best part about it was whenever i had problems with my computer, i could just walk down the hall and knock on doors until someone answered. 9 times out of 10, the guy that answered would be able to fix the problem (and his ego would not let him pass up the opportunity to show off his knowledge)!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Didn't spend anytime living in the Tech dorms but spent one year in the male dorm at LA College -

Luckily coming from a large family with two other brothers communial showers and bathrooms were not much of an adjustment -

The poor souls who went to the showers the first time and didn't have the sense to wear their dorm key around thier neck on a chain -

Nothing like dorm life to shape young minds -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

neilson 701 in 96-97. one year was enough. stayed off campus after that.

caruthers was just as bad but back then it was single occupancy, so it seemed better.

are they sill planning on building more condos in place of nielson and caruthers?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Mitchell 1972 fall Room 44
    Hutcheson till 1976 when I was able to move offcampus for a graduate year.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

Neilson 1117 my freshman year.
    Caruthers 717 my sophomore year.

A funny story about my years stay in Mount Neilson. As is the case in dorms we had a lot of bright people who thought it would be funny to pull the fire alarm. After a while you just get tired of having to go down 11 flights of stairs and finding out it is a false alarm and then going back up 11 flights of stairs back to your room. One night at about 4 AM wouldn't you know it the fire alarm goes off. My roomate and I barely wake up and I say to him "hey man you going downstairs" and he says "no" and I said "me neither". Wouldn't you know it this time it wasn't a false alarm. Some bright soul decided to light a trash can on fire. Luckily we didn't die as a result of the fire and looking back on it, if the fire was bad enough, we wouldn't made it out of there alive anyway so why not just stay in bed.

Needless to say, everyone needs to experience dorm life, but no more than 2 years. I just don't think I could have taken more than that

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

the Hut - room 350, right beside the stairs, and the exit. I was an honorary member of room 139 in the dungeon. I had 2 HS buddies that lived there, so we were always together. I think that I got more calls in their room than my own. And I still hate the sound of thousands of crickets to this day!!!

I was in 139 when the fire happened, and one of the guys there was working for the police walking the parking lots. (can't remember the job title) he cam RUNNING in saying there was a fire, and we booked it out.. then once we got outside he said that it was in another dorm.... that was the first time that i ever considered murder.. hehe

Was anyone else at TECH during the big fight between the KA's and pretty much every black guy in the Hut? Me and a friend sat up at the hill, root beer in hand and just watched that unfold. Very entertaining until we heard about the people going to the hospital.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Caruthers #201 near the stairs. Strategically located considering stealth access for females. Had to keep the priorities in order.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Caruthers 514.

Big Dog SummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the ears SummaCumDoggie's Avatar

Neilson 1140 for one year and that was enough for me. You had to get a running start to open the door by the end of the year because of the mess. I found a bowl of spilt cerial on my carpet under my roomate's bed when I was moving out. Who knows how long it was there?

I lived with dawgcrazy for my last two years at Tech in "the duplex".

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggie
    Neilson 1140 for one year and that was enough for me. You had to get a running start to open the door by the end of the year because of the mess. I found a bowl of spilt cerial on my carpet under my roomate's bed when I was moving out. Who knows how long it was there?

I lived with dawgcrazy for my last two years at Tech in "the duplex".
    I briefly spoke with the roommate of "spilt cerial on carpet" fame today, actually. I'm guessing it was there a while. Then again, what college student doesn't have a food item around that carbon dating would put at millions of years old?

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    Caruthers #201 near the stairs. Strategically located considering stealth access for females. Had to keep the priorities in order.
    that was another advantage (and disadvantage, at times) of living in cot -- VERY loosely enforced rules.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Lived in Caruthers Room #101 the first term it was "open for business". Managed to get #101 (right next to the door opening onto Tech Drive) through no merit of my own; but, because my roommate was a Ruston dude whose mother was an administrative secretary at Tech (I'm thinking possibly for the Dean of Men ??).

Speaking of the Dean of Men ....................

When Caruthers was first placed into service, the door opening onto Tech Drive was a glass door. I know it was glass, because I put my fist through it one night. I know it was my fist, because I suffered a small but very deep cut between my index finger and 2nd finger knuckles on my right hand; in fact, I'm looking at the scar right now (....................pause to examine scar).

Well, I had to go see the Dean of Men about that little incident. Guess I was suffering post "accident" trauma, 'cause all I could think of when I told him about it was that I was rushing through the door and my hands slipped off the bar and my shoulder hit the glass. Sparky (the Dean) looked pretty skeptical, but I guess he kinda bought it ??, 'cause he didn't make me pay for the repairs.

Guess I'll have to increase my CHAMPS contributions to atone for that little memory lapse. Let's see........... what would a glass door have cost way back then ?? Do I have to pay interest ??

(pssst............please don't tell anyone about this ! ! ! lipsrseal:lipsrseal )

BTW, Caruthers was a very nice dorm when it was first placed in service.

+ Reply to Thread