+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Caruthers -

Bulldog UTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really niceUTdawg is just really nice

Re: Caruthers -

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    that was another advantage (and disadvantage, at times) of living in cot -- VERY loosely enforced rules.
    this is the truth, although I guess i never experienced any disadvantages of not having housing breathing down our necks. I lived in cott for 4 years and we pretty much ran the first floor west wing of the building. Any rules tech housing had on the books was a joke. I don't know if Tech knew what all was going on and overlooked it, or just didn't have a clue, but it was a great dorm experience.

I remember coming back from Rabb's on the night of the fire. That was quite a sight to come back to, especially in a slightly inebriated state. My roomate and I lived in the room directly under the burning room, so all the water dumped into the fire went down into our stuff. It was amazing that it missed all things electronic somehow. The celing dripped water for like a week or so after the fire, so we built an aqueduct to channel the drips out into the hall. Finest engineering I have ever done.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

A freshman in Neilson (11th floor) a sophmore in Caruthers (7th floor).

My sophmore year was the year they quit using Caruthers as private rooms.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I spent two years in Caruthers 836 Room closest to Neilson facing the softball fields. I had at least 5 wasps in my room every day, one day when i came back from spring break I had over 400 dead on my floor, because they sprayed. When it rained hard my floor got covered in water. When it was cold my room was FREEZING and when it was HOT my room was BURNING.
    ......But I loved every minute of it. haha.

I was really sad when I left that building. I will miss you Caruthers.a

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Neilson, Caruthers, and Richardson all in my first two years at Tech. I had the first floor of Caruthers and the 11th (I think) of Neilson. I liked Richardson the best. The rooms were huge and my roommate moved out mid quarter.

I moved off campus the first chance I got, though.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Caruthers 4th and 5th floor.

Two years of either sweating or freezing and nothing in between.

However nothing was better than skipping an afternoon class and cranking those metal shutters closed and sleeping in the lightless void that the rooms became.

I think everyone should have to live in the dorms for at least a year. It builds character.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Caruthers 4th and 5th floor.

Two years of either sweating or freezing and nothing in between.

However nothing was better than skipping an afternoon class and cranking those metal shutters closed and sleeping in the lightless void that the rooms became.

I think everyone should have to live in the dorms for at least a year. It builds character.
    I almost forgot about the blinds man if you closed those before going to bed there was no way you were getting up for class. Oh yeah Dawg 04 and nickdawg remember that story I told you that OH Yeah partaining a certain group of individuals that was in ole Carruthers. WOW just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

neilson 615 with one summer in caruthers and another in the dungeon at the Hut.

two stories from dorm life:

1) after a night out we returned to neilson. My friend frank was a tad late in returning to his room due to his "condition". Found out the next day that Frank had gone down and woke up our RA (Lance) and asked him to help him open his door because the door knob wouldn't quit moving so he could stick his key in to open it.

2) the summer i was in Hut, i had already moved into the room and had left for a while. Upon my return, i had my first and only meeting with my new roomate. I opened my door and there he was on the bed, completely nude, reading a book. I closed the door and went to housing and demanded another room which i got. My new roommate was a guy from Lebanon, whose name i won't even attempt to spell, but, he wound up being a truck driver for J.P. Hunt :O)

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Dumbest fire drills

- somebody flushed potassium(?) down the toilet, which reacts violently.
    - another wingnut warmed up his pizza on the stove top, neglecting to take it out of the box.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

I lived in Caruthers for 2 years after guys got booted out of Pearce. The worst was when someone on our floor decided to microwave a roll of toilet paper for 30 minutes right across the hall from my door. You could hardly breathe around that hall for months. I spent the whole winter with my window open and a 2 space heaters running full blast.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    when did cot catch fire? i was in 102 in 99-00 and 00-01. great memories from that dorm -- by far the best men's dorm. the best part about it was whenever i had problems with my computer, i could just walk down the hall and knock on doors until someone answered. 9 times out of 10, the guy that answered would be able to fix the problem (and his ego would not let him pass up the opportunity to show off his knowledge)!
    Huss is confused. We lived in 102 right after you and Austin moved out. We actually woke up at like 7 to reserve the room. My older brother lived in there with Austin his last year and I think he lived in the same room with Phil Taylor the year before. I guess the fire was...let me do some calculatin'...November 2002. We were moving off campus after that quarter and we never spent the night after the fire because we started paying rent in November. Cott was awesome. Kicked the mess out of 1110 in ole Neeeeelson.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I lived on the first floor and the seventh floor at Caruthers, and was one of the first tenants of Neilson. I watched it being built, along with the football stadium and about a half dozen other buildings that are still on campus now. That was mid to late 60's. There was quite a building boom going on then.

And the kicker.....my freshman dorm was Hale Hall!! No AC and radiators for heat.

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    I almost forgot about the blinds man if you closed those before going to bed there was no way you were getting up for class. Oh yeah Dawg 04 and nickdawg remember that story I told you that OH Yeah partaining a certain group of individuals that was in ole Carruthers. WOW just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye.

Just thinking about that brings a smile to my face. If I were you, I would still be smiling!!!!!

Big Dog SummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the ears SummaCumDoggie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy
    I briefly spoke with the roommate of "spilt cerial on carpet" fame today, actually. I'm guessing it was there a while. Then again, what college student doesn't have a food item around that carbon dating would put at millions of years old?
    Is he still planning on going to seminary? I spoke to him 3 days ago, but you never know with him... he could have changed his mind again! In all seriousness, how was he?

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggie
    Is he still planning on going to seminary? I spoke to him 3 days ago, but you never know with him... he could have changed his mind again! In all seriousness, how was he?
    Sounded good...he was looking for Chris Larsen's phone number. I think that was still the plan, though we didn't talk for long, I was still at work...

Puppy TexasBulldog is an unknown

Freshman year I was in Nielson 828, sophomore and junior I was in Hutt 113, and my final year I was in U.P.

One of my fondest memories of staying in Hutt was when one night me and some buddies went to Wal-Mart at 3:30 in the morning, bought all they cricketts they had, and slipped them under my buddies door down the hall. He was asleep when we did it, so we taped the bottom of the door so they couldn't get out. I kid you not, there was at least 500 cricketts in there. Looking back, I'm surprised they sold us that many, that early in the morning.

+ Reply to Thread