Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy
Well, when you have a big lead, I'm not a fan of throwing deep (which is what some were advocating in the fourth quarter of that game). No need to add insult to injury. I do think they should get a shot at throwing 3 to 10 yard short routes, though. This handoff thing that Bicknell has them doing when they get into the game with a minute left in the fourth quarter doesn't do anything for their confidence. I really hope Bicknell lets Champion/Warzell/Whomever else actually get experience this year.
The problem was it wasn't one minute left. It was closer to the entire 4th qtr. I agree we don't need to throw bombs but I think there is nothing wrong with a 15-20 yard out or crossing pattern. The main thing is learning to check off at the LOS and hitting secondary WR's when they are covered.

I also felt bad for the RB. I mean there were literally 11 men standing within 5-7 yards of the LOS keying only on him. It was pretty bad.

I get your point though we don't need any flea flickers or stuff like that but just basic pass routes. All Bicknell was running was dive plays up the middle on 3rd and 12. I'm sure Zac learned a whole lot during that game. :icon_wink