+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting QB

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Starting QB

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72
    If DA had not scored that TD ULALA would have been nealing on the ball!
    True, but if barry wouldn't have made that tackle, we woul have a big fat L
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

It's too bad we turned the ball over 3 times in their own red-zone or we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

As far as the QB situation goes. One thing I hope is that if we are blowing a team out or getting hammered is that Bicknell doesn't give all the mop up duty to Allen/Kubik I hope he really gets Worzel or Champion (hopefully both) some good PT this year.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

IF D.A. would have led us to a touchdown in the 1st quarter what we got three turnovers inside the UL-L 35 we would haven't needed either his 3rd quarter TD or Barry's tackle.

I say that Kubik is the QB because he has the most experience, the most leadership ability, and has proven what he can do.

I think that if Bick had a brain, he would find other ways to get DA on the field, and get Champion ready to play for next year when the opportunities arise.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone ever seen the walkon QB from Captain Shreve, Steve Thoma, throw the ball. How bout it Mick? Give us a report. Does he ever have a chance of playing. Jimmy Watson, you live in Shreveport and work for the Times. Write something about some of the players like Thoma we know nothing about. Get off your lazy butt and write something worth reading instead of just writing about stuff you read on this board. Are you afraid to write good things about Tech because your LSU boss might get upset. It's too bad we have to read the newspapers that cover other schools to get information on our players.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    Has anyone ever seen the walkon QB from Captain Shreve, Steve Thoma, throw the ball. How bout it Mick? Give us a report. Does he ever have a chance of playing. Jimmy Watson, you live in Shreveport and work for the Times. Write something about some of the players like Thoma we know nothing about. Get off your lazy butt and write something worth reading instead of just writing about stuff you read on this board. Are you afraid to write good things about Tech because your LSU boss might get upset. It's too bad we have to read the newspapers that cover other schools to get information on our players.

Man did you hit the nail on the head. I remember one of the most pleasant surprises, besides beating them 10-9, when we went down to Waco for the Baylor game was reading the Waco newspaper. There were more human interest stories and articles about Tech and the players, with color pictures, our depth charts, etc etc than you get in the lswho Times in a year.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    It's too bad we turned the ball over 3 times in their own red-zone or we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

As far as the QB situation goes. One thing I hope is that if we are blowing a team out or getting hammered is that Bicknell doesn't give all the mop up duty to Allen/Kubik I hope he really gets Worzel or Champion (hopefully both) some good PT this year.
    Here are the ugly stats from the ULL game:
    http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/driveSumm...420040911.HTML

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

i can't believe some of you people are actually serious about not only starting worzel against florida, but even playing him at all. this is a kid who signed late. we were the only team that offered him. i hope he becomes a good prospect, but there's no way he's ready to step in against an sec team. get real people.

it will be an exciting battle between kubik and da in the fall. da is finally healthy from his shoulder problem, and i think we are in good shape with two experienced senior qb's. zac is going to be better than both of them, but he's not quite there yet.

i'll say this, and it might surprise many people, but offense is not going to be our problem this year. we have four solid running backs (franklin, dillard, richardson and jackson), two experienced quarterbacks (kubik and allen) and three receivers who have a chance to put up big numbers (holland, newman and chambers).

what i'm concerned with is replacing experience on the offensive and defensive lines, as well as our continual achilles heel -- the secondary.

theprofessor

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    i can't believe some of you people are actually serious about not only starting worzel against florida, but even playing him at all. this is a kid who signed late. we were the only team that offered him. i hope he becomes a good prospect, but there's no way he's ready to step in against an sec team. get real people.
    I was kidding, prof. My point simply was I do not think the difference between Kubik and Allen was sufficient enough to make a huge difference against a team like Florida. I also think that despite their senior classification, neither of these guys has a lot of experience, and opening the season at Florida can really rattle your confidence as a QB.

I agree at least somewhat about our offense. I wholeheartly about the secondary. If they don't step up and make plays this season...it could be a very long season.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

CRAZY-I kinda thought you might be jerking our chain but didn't really know. Others have suggested the same-throwing Worzel to the Gators in the Swamp. Unfair to him & unfair to our veteran players who have worked so hard in preparing for the season. I was sure glad to see you confirm that your thought was in jest! I will, however, say this about Nick Worzel; if there ever was a guy who LOOKED THE PART, its Nick Worzel! My wife commented, after meeting him, "He is so much BIGGER than Terry Bradshaw when Terry was here." Let's all hope he can hum the pill & can play the position!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13

Doesn't matter if Worzel/Champion get in or not, Bick won't let them do anything but hand off, i.e. last year's SMU game.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Bicknell just said he is going to play Donald and Matt at the Florida game. He also said he hopes that one of them seperates himself from the other. He also confirmed that he had 2 years left on his contract! WAC media days are kinda cool.

KD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

2 more years? Lets start a countdown!!!

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Doesn't matter if Worzel/Champion get in or not, Bick won't let them do anything but hand off, i.e. last year's SMU game.
    Well, when you have a big lead, I'm not a fan of throwing deep (which is what some were advocating in the fourth quarter of that game). No need to add insult to injury. I do think they should get a shot at throwing 3 to 10 yard short routes, though. This handoff thing that Bicknell has them doing when they get into the game with a minute left in the fourth quarter doesn't do anything for their confidence. I really hope Bicknell lets Champion/Warzell/Whomever else actually get experience this year.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy
    Well, when you have a big lead, I'm not a fan of throwing deep (which is what some were advocating in the fourth quarter of that game). No need to add insult to injury. I do think they should get a shot at throwing 3 to 10 yard short routes, though. This handoff thing that Bicknell has them doing when they get into the game with a minute left in the fourth quarter doesn't do anything for their confidence. I really hope Bicknell lets Champion/Warzell/Whomever else actually get experience this year.
    Just let them run the offense. If it calls for throwing deep, throw deep. YOu're talking about your 3rd stringer. IT's not our fault if the other team doesn't stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    That made me mad as hell last year.

+ Reply to Thread