+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Game Plan

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

The Game Plan

I just received my request for donation to the new athletic funding drive. Anyone else received theirs? I was not very impressed with the presentation, although it was printed on very good glossy paper and had some neat pictures.

I was turned off by the overblown verbosity. The "Mission Statement" -- instead of a clear and to-the-point single sentence -- consisted of a vastly overblown bunch of unnessary detail. Someone with some real corporate experience needs to teach them what a mission statement is.

How about something like this.......

"Increase athletic funding at Louisiana Tech to a level that will allow us to excel as a high level Mid-Major university in NCAA Division 1A."

What really turned me off in the GAme Plan was Specific Goal #2 of the so called mission statement.

#2. " To look to the President of the University for authority and direction in the administration of the athletics program."

Our current president has not demonstrated any skill at doing this before. What magical transformation is going to happen to make him suddenly capable?

In the end, I'm sure I'll cool down and go ahead with a pledge. But I sure hope that whatever Marketing improvement comes out of any increased funding comes up with a better sales pitch than this one.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Game Plan

Since when have we loked to the Prez for guidence?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

If Jack Bicknell was winning 8-10 games per year, I doubt if we would even read the bullshit.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    If Jack Bicknell was winning 8-10 games per year, I doubt if we would even read the bullshit.
    Holla, Thank-you.

Big Dog SummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the ears SummaCumDoggie's Avatar

Unfortunatly this is a recurring theme all across the country. Althletic Directors are losing power and University Presidents are gaining it -- never mind the fact that many Presidents know NOTHING about athletics.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60

What really turned me off in the GAme Plan was Specific Goal #2 of the so called mission statement.

#2. " To look to the President of the University for authority and direction in the administration of the athletics program."

I suspect many of these mailouts went in the trash because of that statement.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggie
    Unfortunatly this is a recurring theme all across the country. Althletic Directors are losing power and University Presidents are gaining it -- never mind the fact that many Presidents know NOTHING about athletics.
    That's ok if your president actually gives a rat's rear end about athletics... In the La. Tech case, fat chance!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread