+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Architectural Plans for Tech

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Architectural Plans for Tech

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggie
    man those pics sure bring back the memories... thanks, they are beautiful.
    I literally get goosebumps when I see pictures of tech and the campus. Man, I love that place!
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Screw the tower. That photo shows Aswell Hall, and that window, 2nd floor, all the way on the right, was one of my girlfriends' room. Spent many a night there myself.
    That must have been some loooong, boring nights sitting by yourself waiting for her to come home.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Big Grin Re: Architectural Plans for Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    That must have been some loooong, boring nights sitting by yourself waiting for her to come home.
    DD, that is a true "GOTCHA"

TD
    ~~

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Good one! Untrue, but a good zinger. Keep trying! :icon_razz

Come to think of it, her roomie wasn't too bad either...

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Good one! Untrue, but a good zinger. Keep trying! :icon_razz

Come to think of it, her roomie wasn't too bad either...
    Oh Lord, the shit is gettin deep in here guys, haha.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03
    Here's the deal on closing that road between Hale Hall and GTM.

Back before Hale was torn down and they decided to snake the brick walkway over towards Hale, the plans called for a reflecting pool of sorts and a stone monument/sculpture/shelter of sorts. The whole idea was to create "A Doorway" where every entering freshman walked through the same door and every graduating senior walked through another door after graduating... I think they were basing this on something Texas A&M or some other school ( I can't remember specifically who) does. Sounded pretty cool, and if they're putting in a "pool," then I guess that's where this is going...

I'm all for closing off those roads. Have the road between Hale and GTM end at the Tolliver parking lot. and have the road between Hale and the Nat end at Woodard parking lot, then green over all that land.

Tech is a beautiful campus already and adding more green space around the other clasroom buildings I think would be awesome.
    More green space sounds nice, but whenever you put something new in, you are getting rid of something else. When I was at Tech (95-00) one of the biggest pains in the ass was parking. Thankfully we got the gravel lots by the aviation building and the other remote lots.
    If you take away these streets around GTM, Hale and the Nat, you also take away some parking. Are they putting any back? I'm sure they are. What's the parking situation like on campus these days anyway? They are going to keep the lot by the Nat/Hale/and Davidson. Right?

If you can get your hands on a copy of the master plan, please do share.
    I suppose that it is Michael Walpole who is doing the work. He has a firm in Ruston, and, therefore, has a hand in all things architectural that happen at Tech.

TF

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

They need to put like a 3 or 4 story parking lot, like a hospital has. They could put that behing Davison Hall. That would solve alot of problems!
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

There is plenty of parking on campus now. The campus is almost completely surrounded by gravel lots and more are on the way (Caruthers demolition).

Reneau has stated several times that he is opposed to parking garages. The movement is away from any more high story buildings.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Reneau has stated several times that he is opposed to parking garages.
    Emphasizing again the backward thinking of DR and the ADM. Check out any of the Big 12 schools and probably the SEC as well and you will see parking garages out the tushy. They add a major modern convenience and great curb appeal when done right.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Emphasizing again the backward thinking of DR and the ADM. Check out any of the Big 12 schools and probably the SEC as well and you will see parking garages out the tushy. They add a major modern convenience and great curb appeal when done right.
    Shit, Big 12 or SEC nothing. How abuot Baton Rouge Community College having a brand spanking new one? It is very nice and makes a damn Community College look big league. DR is truly clueless.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfreak
    I suppose that it is Michael Walpole who is doing the work. He has a firm in Ruston, and, therefore, has a hand in all things architectural that happen at Tech.
    I'm not sure about that. One of the Architecture teachers is working in close conjunction with another administration employee who has done some work with one of the biggest names in architecture today (I'd have to ask my wife who it is).

I don't really know much about his work, but I like the fact that they are looking to give it to the best firm...it's totally anti the brother-in-law philosophy that plagues many of our administrations decisions.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 08-02-2005 at 04:16 PM.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

The new Bio-Med building is replacing one of the largest parking lots, but there is a huge lot being added across the railroad tracks. The new pedistrian bridge is in place, but the ramp to it is not finished. The plan is for Tech to own everything from the bridge behind Wyly, up to Alabama, and over to the baseball field. That area will become Frat. Row and parking.

The new ped. bridge is for that parking and students in Univ. Park.

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

The pedestrian bridge Splicer mentioned. BTW Splicer took these pictures and more from atop Wiley Tower.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Shit, Big 12 or SEC nothing. How abuot Baton Rouge Community College having a brand spanking new one? It is very nice and makes a damn Community College look big league. DR is truly clueless.
    No YOU are clueless. Community colleges are for commuters. Everybody there has to park, there are almost no dorms. Do you guys want stuff like Caruthers hanging around and looking like shit. Big bad LSU has no parking garages, and I bet Notre Dame doesn't either. Parking garages are ugly and im am against them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123
    No YOU are clueless. Community colleges are for commuters. Everybody there has to park, there are almost no dorms. Do you guys want stuff like Caruthers hanging around and looking like shit. Big bad LSU has no parking garages, and I bet Notre Dame doesn't either. Parking garages are ugly and im am against them as well.
    Well, i ahve seen BRCCs and it aint ugly. Parking garages dont take up as much space, and they could be helpful for any campus that needs space. All you have to do is build one that looks nice.

+ Reply to Thread