+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Player leaves Baylor

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Player leaves Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc
    I'll agree she's a pretty good impact player if she carries this team to the Elite 8 -- from the bench. Remember she can't play this year.
    Exactly! Which means UCSB has another year to recruit players, either from HS or JUCO's, that will compliment Niemann. I doubt she will be on the bench. Even so, some players do well being the sixth-man.

All of this depends, of course, on UCSB's coaches and on Niemann herself. This can be a good pick-up for a decent program like UCSB, or they can drop the ball altogether. It's up to them to make something positive happen.

At least pigtails has a hole to fill on her roster. So, that's a good thing

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

The problem -- based on an admittedly quick look at their site -- is that UCSB is a very senior dominant team. They have an "all-American candidate" this year and looks like a lot of seniors starting. She might have helped this year, but their likely to be rebuilding in the future. It does seem likely she'll start when she becomes eligible, which was probably part of why she went that way.

Puppy NoDakSt is an unknown

The roster on the site is from last year. UCSB has only two seniors on next year's squad and only one jr. They are a very young team and will need Emily's leadership when she become eligible. Still a great cast of players. Jenna Green, a 6'4 post, is returning from an ACL (she was granted a red-shirt last year) but had a great frosh year. Jessica Wilson also had a solid frosh outing last year.

French does OK with transfers. April McDivitt transferred from Tennessee and had a great showing at UCSB. Kate Baumann transferred from Iowa State and i would say contributed to the best of her capabilities. Courtney Young transferred from Ventura College (she originally signed with Tennessee but never played in Knoxsville) but sustained a series of injuries and opted to quit basketball altogether.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

In that case, she definitely could have helped UCSB advance deep into the tourney. Which they might do anyway if they are senior-ladened this year.

I doubt she chose UCSB because with the seniors gone she thought she'd have a better chance to start next year when eligible. Niemann is a very good player and could start for 99% of the teams in the nation. Baylor would NOT have won the NC without her last year. She was the difference in a couple of key games.

I bet if you could get an honest answer out of pigtails, she'd say losing Niemann hurts!

Oh well, time to move on.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Niemann is a very good player and could start for 99% of the teams in the nation. Baylor would NOT have won the NC without her last year. She was the difference in a couple of key games.

I bet if you could get an honest answer out of pigtails, she'd say losing Niemann hurts!

Oh well, time to move on.
    KMR has already said that losing Niemann hurts. It certainly does to lose a key role player. I think you're overrating her because you saw her play her two best games ever in the Final Four. She's not consistently that good. And without teams doubling Sophia Young and letting her camp out to shoot -- I'm not convinced she'll ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc
    KMR has already said that losing Niemann hurts. It certainly does to lose a key role player. I think you're overrating her because you saw her play her two best games ever in the Final Four. She's not consistently that good. And without teams doubling Sophia Young and letting her camp out to shoot -- I'm not convinced she'll ever be.
    Well, maybe it's not time to move on...yet.

Actually, I saw Baylor play several times during the regular season too (on TV). Niemann was big in a couple of Big 12 wins I saw. Against Texas, I think it was, she ignited a run with a couple of 3's and a steal for a layup, 8 pts in about 30 seconds, that spelled the difference in that game.

Okay, time to move on.

Oh, glad pigtails admits losing her hurts. Cuz it does

+ Reply to Thread