+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 299

Thread: %#x!&%##@* gasoline prices!!

  1. #1
    Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    southern Nevada
    Posts
    11,154

    Frown %#x!&%##@* gasoline prices!!

    Does anyone else smell manipulation?

  2. #2
    Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough dawgcrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Huntsville
    Posts
    1,886

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Does anyone else smell manipulation?
    You shouldn't be sniffing quite so hard when you pump the gas, salty.

    Who do you think is manipulating the prices? The only thing I know is 100LL aviation fuel is like $3.80/gallon at my home airport, and about $1.75 at an air force base nearby where they don't charge tax or try to make much of a profit.

  3. #3
    Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    All I know is that it's killing my bank account. I get 10 miles a gallon .

  4. #4
    Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Western Ouachita Parish
    Posts
    19,257

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    Yeah, instead of going to the bank ATM, I gotta go to my bank's loan officer to get a fill-up.

    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

  5. #5
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    44,126

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Does anyone else smell manipulation?
    If the DEMS/LIBS would have let us build more refineries instead of shutting them down, drill off of Florida, Calf., E.Coast, and more of Alaska ; and not blocked but voted in a true Energy Policy years ago this wouldn't be happening. Obstructionist are not looked fondly upon and that is how the DEMS/LIBS have been on this issue, as well, from day one. As it is now, the new Alaskan oil will probably not make it into the lower 48 for another decade. I am all for protecting the environment. And IMHO, the tree hugging enviro-wackos are just fine until it unwisely effects lives, jobs and the world economy due to misplaced wrong policies, issues, practises and scare tactics. And that is what has happened here.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 08-14-2005 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling

  6. #6
    Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    southern Nevada
    Posts
    11,154

    Big Grin Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy
    You shouldn't be sniffing quite so hard when you pump the gas, salty.

    Who do you think is manipulating the prices? The only thing I know is 100LL aviation fuel is like $3.80/gallon at my home airport, and about $1.75 at an air force base nearby where they don't charge tax or try to make much of a profit.
    The oil traders and commodity speculators. Hate to think what would happen if there were a supply disruption.......would have to start driving around town on my lawn mower

    At some point, the price will force some folks to reduce their driving (like me!). I'm now coasting down hills and pretending I got an egg between my lead foot and the gas pedal.

    The gov't needs to think about stopping the re-filling the S.P.R. and maybe even start selling some at these prices. The traders could get spooked and the extra cash would reduce the deficit.

  7. #7
    Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    southern Nevada
    Posts
    11,154

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    If the DEMS/LIBS would have let us build more refineries instead of shutting them down, drill off of Florida, Calf., E.Coast, and more of Alaska ; and not blocked but voted in a true Energy Policy years ago this wouldn't be happening. Obstructionist are not looked fondly upon and that is how the DEMS/LIBS have been on this issue, as well, from day one.
    Oh, no, not those evil DEMS/LIBS again!

    Seems building a oil refinery is a local issue and nobody wants one in their town.

    I don't see supply as a problem.....it's all those Republicans driving their gas guzzling SUVs. The gov't and industry have their heads up their arses by talking and promoting the Hydrogen Vehicle.......that's a pie in the sky and 20 or 30 years off at the least. What we need is a Hybrid which can be plugged in at home or on the road. Could get 250 miles to a gallon. Gasoline would drop to under a buck again.

  8. #8
    Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kingwood, Texas
    Posts
    6,782

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Seems building a oil refinery is a local issue and nobody wants one in their town.

    I don't see supply as a problem.....it's all those Republicans driving their gas guzzling SUVs. The gov't and industry have their heads up their arses by talking and promoting the Hydrogen Vehicle.......that's a pie in the sky and 20 or 30 years off at the least. What we need is a Hybrid which can be plugged in at home or on the road. Could get 250 miles to a gallon. Gasoline would drop to under a buck again.
    There are plenty of towns that want refineries...they pay good wages and raise the standard of living significantly. Between treehuggers and plaintiffs' lawyers, no one has been able to get approval to build one since the mid 1980's.

    There are no supply issues...plenty of supply and plenty of product...day traders are the problem. People that 5 years ago didn't know what day trading was have screwed it up for people that made their livings doing it...it's known as rampant speculation.

    The concept of a hydrogen fueled car it quantum's better than a hybrid car. Plug-in hybrids do absolutely nothing to reduce energy consumption...where do you think the electricity to charge it comes from? Gnomes? If you converted the energy consumed to charge and added the energy directly used in a plug-in hybrid, the mileage would be in the mid 20s to low 30s. Hell, my Explorer gets 24.5mpg on the highway!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

  9. #9
    Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    926

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    I love my Scion... $20 to fill up and I get 34 in the city/38-40 on the highway...

    I don't even bother looking at the price anymore. I need to drive, so I just suck it up and fill up. But I will say I've started to watch how often I drive and I'm starting to carpool every chance I get.

    I just still do'nt understand these people who continue to buy gas guzzlers, especialy those who throw their money away on Hummers. Just stupid if you ask me, but I guess money is no object for these people or they're just so damn concerned with what people think about them (compensating for something, if you ask me)

    We just gotta think smart during these times. However, it feels like hell with the high gas prices combining with the heat wave and lack of rain up here in Little Rock.

  10. #10
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,513

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    This is going to affect everything real soon. Prices on goods that have to be shipped will start spiking in price, electricity, and other things that you don't associate with oil. This is bad news, unless something changes soon.

  11. #11
    Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dogtown, AR
    Posts
    11,564

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    Hey CM .... I'll tell you why people buy SUVs! Have you seen the discounts and rebates on them things? High gas prices have forced (American) auto-makers to slash prices on low-mileage models. Auto-makers operate on razor-thin margins, and are strapped to move units and keep inventory from accumulating. Consequently, you can buy a full-size SUV for $10K below MSRP!

    I can buy a lot of gas for $10,000! (Even at current prices.) And I get to purchase a status symbol and (perceived) road safety for an obtainable monthly payment.

    Cold hard capitalist truth from a proud tree-hugging lib wacko.

  12. #12
    Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    926

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    Sorry Champ. I didn't mean that as an attack on anyone who drives an SUV or larger. I didn't know the rebates were so inviting.

    But I'm still happy with my clown car...

    By the way, you better be taking care of Liz

  13. #13
    Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dogtown, AR
    Posts
    11,564

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    No attack perceived!

    Just a lesson I remember from Dr. Chopin, Prof. of Economics!

  14. #14
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    44,126

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Hey CM .... I'll tell you why people buy SUVs! Have you seen the discounts and rebates on them things? High gas prices have forced (American) auto-makers to slash prices on low-mileage models. Auto-makers operate on razor-thin margins, and are strapped to move units and keep inventory from accumulating. Consequently, you can buy a full-size SUV for $10K below MSRP!

    I can buy a lot of gas for $10,000! (Even at current prices.) And I get to purchase a status symbol and (perceived) road safety for an obtainable monthly payment.

    Cold hard capitalist truth from a proud tree-hugging lib wacko.
    Exactly right.

  15. #15
    Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    southern Nevada
    Posts
    11,154

    Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    There are plenty of towns that want refineries...they pay good wages and raise the standard of living significantly. Between treehuggers and plaintiffs' lawyers, no one has been able to get approval to build one since the mid 1980's.

    There are no supply issues...plenty of supply and plenty of product...day traders are the problem. People that 5 years ago didn't know what day trading was have screwed it up for people that made their livings doing it...it's known as rampant speculation.

    The concept of a hydrogen fueled car it quantum's better than a hybrid car. Plug-in hybrids do absolutely nothing to reduce energy consumption...where do you think the electricity to charge it comes from? Gnomes? If you converted the energy consumed to charge and added the energy directly used in a plug-in hybrid, the mileage would be in the mid 20s to low 30s. Hell, my Explorer gets 24.5mpg on the highway!
    About refineries, I do know that the citizens of Phoenix AZ voted down a plan for an oil refinery.

    Supply and demand are closely matched at the present time....hence, the day traders can pull their stunts. Any supply disruption and the price zooms to $100+ a barrel.

    True that plug-in hybrids do not reduce energy consumption per se but neither do hydrogen fuel-cell cars. The advantage of plug-in hybrids is that the electricity used to run them can be supplied by coal, of which the USA has a 250 year supply. Since more than 50% of our oil is imported, that would definitely improve our national security. In addition, since elctricity production is a stationary source, we can better control the amount of pollution.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts