+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: %#x!&%##@* gasoline prices!!

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: %#X!&%##@* GASOLINE PRICES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Hey CM .... I'll tell you why people buy SUVs! Have you seen the discounts and rebates on them things? High gas prices have forced (American) auto-makers to slash prices on low-mileage models. Auto-makers operate on razor-thin margins, and are strapped to move units and keep inventory from accumulating. Consequently, you can buy a full-size SUV for $10K below MSRP!

I can buy a lot of gas for $10,000! (Even at current prices.) And I get to purchase a status symbol and (perceived) road safety for an obtainable monthly payment.

Cold hard capitalist truth from a proud tree-hugging lib wacko.
    While the price of the gas guzzler has come down, that $10,000 is an imaginary amount of cash. The consumer still has to pay the piper at fill-up time. What you are actually saying is that people who bought gas guzzlers earlier at higher prices have sustained a significant depreciation of their vehicles' value. The opposite is true for those who had previously bought cars that sipped gasoline as if it were fine cognac.

Cold hard capitalist truth from a proud tree-hugging lib wacko.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I am glad I got a sipper is all I know. The government needs to work up something though because the prices are spiking up like a mug. if you bought a piece of crap H2, I feel bad for you. Wait, no I dont. YOu wasted your money on a piece of gas guzzling garbage. If I were going to get a gas guzzler, I would have to go with a truck. Something that you can actually haul stuff in or do something with. These new hummers are a joke. The old hummers were legit, but he new ones are straight rich soccer mom material.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

[QUOTE=dhussdawg]I am glad I got a sipper is all I know. The government needs to work up something though because the prices are spiking up like a mug. if you bought a piece of crap H2, I feel bad for you. Wait, no I dont. YOu wasted your money on a piece of gas guzzling garbage. If I were going to get a gas guzzler, I would have to go with a truck. Something that you can actually haul stuff in or do something with. These new hummers are a joke. The old hummers were legit, but he new ones are straight rich soccer mom material.[/QUOTE]

B.S.

You know not of what you speak..............

"rich soccer mom" will not want to regularly climb up/in out/down of a Hummer. "rich soccer mom" would most likely prefer my last personal "truck", which was a Mercedes Benz ML series SUV (excellent comfort, good gas mileage-six cyl., all wheel drive, decent off-road capabilites at the car-wash).

Not a Hummer, tho.; a Hummer is a Boy-toy or a Tom-Girl-toy.

Recently purchased a Hummer H3. (Supporting my "local" economy; they are assembled only in Shreveport, LA; next factory will be in South Africa).

Nothing can compare to a Hummer right "out of the box".

Very Recently went to an off-road "Hummer Happening" near Minden, LA, (hello, DFM) and was the first H3 to "run the course". Amazing, what these things can do.

Forget the 44.6% grade pictured above on the GM test course; did an ~ 60% vertical (hello, sky) after watching two (2) H2's slide back down. Also did a traverse on an ~ 48% side slope. (Yeah, slid down some, but didn't hit a tree or anything ).

Excellent road handling; Nice ride; pretty good gas mileage - just figured 18.6 mpg combo city and hwy on my last fill-up after returning from a trip to Bay St. Louis, MS, including doing 85 mph sometimes on the interstate - whatever........and, it burns regular unleaded.

If you wanta know you can climb a 16" vertical step, or drive over a 10" dia. log, or drive through 2 ft. of water,
    get an H3.

Better approach, departure, and breakover angles than the LandRover or any of the Jap stuff or the Jeep Grand Cherokee (out of the box).

jmo

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

[QUOTE=nadB]
    Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    I am glad I got a sipper is all I know. The government needs to work up something though because the prices are spiking up like a mug. if you bought a piece of crap H2, I feel bad for you. Wait, no I dont. YOu wasted your money on a piece of gas guzzling garbage. If I were going to get a gas guzzler, I would have to go with a truck. Something that you can actually haul stuff in or do something with. These new hummers are a joke. The old hummers were legit, but he new ones are straight rich soccer mom material.[/QUOTE]

B.S.

"rich soccer mom" will not want to regularly climb up/in out/down of a Hummer. "rich soccer mom" would most likely prefer my last personal "truck", which was a Mercedes Benz ML series SUV (excellent comfort, good gas mileage-six cyl., all wheel drive, decent off-road capabilites at the car-wash).

Not a Hummer, tho.; a Hummer is a Boy-toy or a Tom-Girl-toy.

Recently purchased a Hummer H3. (Supporting my "local" economy; they are assembled only in Shreveport, LA; next factory will be in South Africa).

Nothing can compare to a Hummer right "out of the box".

Very Recently went to an off-road "Hummer Happening" near Minden, LA, (hello, DFM) and was the first H3 to "run the course". Amazing, what these things can do.

Forget the 44.6% grade pictured above on the GM test course; did an ~ 60% vertical (hello, sky) after watching two (2) H2's slide back down. Also did a traverse on an ~ 48% side slope. (Yeah, slid down some, but didn't hit a tree or anything ).

Excellent road handling; Nice ride; pretty good gas mileage - just figured 18.6 mpg combo city and hwy on my last fill-up after returning from a trip to Bay St. Louis, MS, including doing 85 mph sometimes on the interstate - whatever........and, it burns regular unleaded.

If you wanta know you can climb a 16" vertical step, or drive over a 10" dia. log, or drive through 2 ft. of water,
    get an H3.

Better approach, departure, and breakover angles than the LandRover or any of the Jap stuff or the Jeep Grand Cherokee (out of the box).

jmo

I've been wanting an H3 for sometime now. You should sell these things.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    The old hummers were legit, but he new ones are straight rich soccer mom material.
    Actually the old hummers weren't legit. They had axils like a Suburban. The real deal has 4-wheel independent suspension and inflatable-deflatable tires for better off-road traction. With a snorkle kit it can wade through 5 feet of water. It's the ultimate military wheeled-vehicle. The old hummer was nothing like the military version, but was more sensible.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad
    Actually the old hummers weren't legit. They had axils like a Suburban. The real deal has 4-wheel independent suspension and inflatable-deflatable tires for better off-road traction. With a snorkle kit it can wade through 5 feet of water. It's the ultimate military wheeled-vehicle. The old hummer was nothing like the military version, but was more sensible.
    The civilian H1's don't have 4-wheel independent suspension?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    B.S.

jmo
    My wife loves her ML class as well. And I have always thought a Hummer would be great to own.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

H3 looks to be a great off-road vehicle. But with gasoline prices looking to want to keep climbing, is it the vehicle to run down to walmart in?

Iraq Enjoys Some of World's Cheapest Gas
    - By THOMAS WAGNER, Associated Press Writer
    Wednesday, August 17, 2005

(08-17) 10:33 PDT LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) --

Motorists struggling with high gas prices in the United States and Europe may be surprised to learn that consumers in Iraq pay as little as 5 cents a gallon, according to the International Monetary Fund's first assessment of the Iraqi economy in 25 years.

Thanks to generous government subsidies on petroleum products — which the IMF criticized as a threat to the country's fragile economy — Iraq has some of the cheapest gas in the world.

By contrast, Americans pay about $2.55 a gallon and Britons pay $6.24. Iraqis also pay much less for a gallon of regular gasoline than in nearby countries such as Iran (38 cents), Jordan ($1.89) and Syria ($1.74).

Even the many Iraqis who pay higher, black-market prices at the pump often make money by smuggling gasoline into neighboring countries such as Turkey, according to the International Monetary Fund's 62-page report released Monday.

Iraq's government hasn't been able to fulfill its promise to the IMF to slash the massive subsidies, given how much the country already is suffering from escalating violence by insurgents, high unemployment and inflation, and poor electricity, water and sewage services.

Last month, the Yemeni government agreed to reverse its earlier decision to lift subsidies on oil products after a wave of riots and strikes swept Yemen's major cities.

In 2004, gasoline subsidies alone cost the Iraqi government $3 billion, the IMF said.

Therefore, the IMF said it was cutting its forecast for gross domestic product growth this year from 17 percent to 4 percent. In 2004, the Iraqi GDP was $25.5 billion. This year it is projected to reach $29.3 billion.

The IMF said oil production was likely to reach only 2 million barrels a day over the year, down from its earlier estimate of 2.4 million barrels "because of the continuing sabotage of oil installations and the resulting halting of oil exports from the north."

Before U.S.-led forces defeated Saddam Hussein, whose government also heavily subsidized gas prices for consumers, average annual oil production in Iraq was 2.5 million barrels per day.

The IMF said the government was likely to run short of money in the second half of this year because of lower oil exports and a shortfall in revenue largely caused by the subsidies.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby
    The civilian H1's don't have 4-wheel independent suspension?
    The civilian H1s do have 4-wheel independent suspension and CTIS, but I was actually referring to the H2. Sorry for the confusion.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad
    The civilian H1s do have 4-wheel independent suspension and CTIS, but I was actually referring to the H2. Sorry for the confusion.
    Yeh, I dont know much about H3, but I knew that the H2 was gabage.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    H3 looks to be a great off-road vehicle. But with gasoline prices looking to want to keep climbing, is it the vehicle to run down to walmart in?
    Sure tiz. GREAT ride on the pavement, smooth and quiet. Excellent handling with little or no lean or roll, and you don't have to dodge the potholes, for sure, for sure. 37' turning radius is about the same as a Chevy Cavalier or a compact Chevy Cobalt sedan. U-turns are a snap. Fits in even the narrowest parking spots at WalMart, as well as in your garage. MPG is as-good-as or better-than most SUV's and full-size pick-em-up trucks. jmo.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

If you can afford an H3, why the need to shop at Walmart?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I've been wanting an H3 for sometime now. You should sell these things.
    Here is what I've been wanting for sometime now.

http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/...hummer_h3t.asp

http://trucks.about.com/cs/concepttr...hummer_h3t.htm

http://www.autointell.net/nao_compan...r-h3t-2004.htm

http://www.motortrend.com/future/con...312_hummerh3t/

When they go on sale, I'll be driving the H3T and I'll pass the H3 over to the wife if she wants it. Or, what the hell, I'll keep the H3 for a spare ride in case I need to haul more than two folks at once.

Sure hope the price of gasoline drops before the H3T arrives, so I can actually enjoy pumping it through that 350 hp turbocharged engine.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    If you can afford an H3, why the need to shop at Walmart?
    I own some WalMart stock.

Does that count for a reason ??

+ Reply to Thread