+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who knows about New transfer

Puppy Akbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the roughAkbil is a jewel in the rough

Who knows about New transfer

From collegesports.com

South
    # Eastern Kentucky</B> pledged Class 2006 guard Ryan Dillman of Evansville-Central, Ind.
    # Florida Atlantic</B> pledged Class 2006 forward Xavier Perkins of Fort Pierce-St. Andrew's, Fla.
    # Louisiana Tech</B> gained transfer walk-on guard James Loe of Hillsboro, Ore/Eastern Washington, according to OregonPreps.Com.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: Who knows about New transfer

i have emailed the coaches about chris lowe from tyler, tx who was a 6-9 freshman sf for arizona st. in 04. he sat out 05 and is looking for a new home.

james loe is a 5-10 pg, here is his stats from last year:

http://websrv.ewu.edu/groups/athleti...s/teamcume.htm

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

August 19, 2005
    Loe Will Continue Career In The WAC OregonPreps.com Staff

document.write(insertImage('/uploads/1004/79349.jpg', '', 0, 200, 150, 1, 'James Loe is headed south this fall', 'Rivals.com', 1124513887000, '', 1014, 'Align=Right'));Rivals.comJames Loe is headed south this fallWhen James Loe decided that he no longer fit in at Eastern Washington, he wasn't sure what was next for him. The waterbug 5-foot-10, 170-pound point guard originally from Hillsboro knew he could play college basketball at a high level, but with school fast approaching, he wasn't sure if he could find a new home so quickly. But Loe will be back at the Division I level. After impressing a coaching staff at an event during the last evaluation period of the summer, he'll be taking his game to the WAC where he hopes to earn himself a full ride again.

"I just talked to the coach today, and he's getting my college applications taken care of and I'm going to be sending my transcripts from Eastern Washington to Louisiana Tech," Loe said. "He's a great guy and he seems like a good coach to play for. They don't have a scholarship available, but I'm going to walk-on and I will definitely have a shot at one for the next three years."

Louisiana Tech caught Loe during a session of Five Star Camp in Pennsylvania in late July. Contact was made and Loe sent game tape of himself from EWU's games against Washington and Portland State, his two best games of the season. The Bulldogs staff liked what they saw, and then gave him the opportunity to walk-on.

"They really couldn't give me a scholarship based on just two games they watched on tape," Loe said. "I just need to earn it, and I think I'll do it with my work ethic."

Prior to the interest from Louisiana Tech, Loe was looking at going to either a junior college or take UC-Irvine up on a possible offer. However, the scholarship from the Anteaters was contingent on an incoming player not qualifying - which looked as if it would drag on into the school year. So Louisiana Tech seemed like the best choice - and he felt comfortable committing before even making a visit to the Bayou, for good reason.

"Both my mom and my dad graduated from Louisiana Tech," Loe said. "That was kind of a sign for me right there. Also, I have a lot of family down there as well."

Even though Loe will be walking on at Louisiana Tech, he will still have to sit out the 2005-06 season due to NCAA transfer rules. Not getting to play in games will be a tough adjutsment for Loe, but he can see the other side of the coin.

"I can't see myself sitting, but I feel that other things will go up," Loe said. "All I have to do is study, practice, and work out on weights, so my academics should be good. I just want to show that I can play at this level and that I'll be able to help the team out."

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Basketball Re: Who knows about New transfer

Looks like life after Haskins might be smoother than I expected. We will have Drew Washington and James Loe. I am suprised by the quote Loe made here though:

"I just talked to the coach today, and he's getting my college applications taken care of and I'm going to be sending my transcripts from Eastern Washington to Louisiana Tech," Loe said. "He's a great guy and he seems like a good coach to play for. They don't have a scholarship available, but I'm going to walk-on and I will definitely have a shot at one for the next three years."

Maybe Keith is a good coach to play for. I won't question his basketball knowledge or his coaching, but his relationships with his players are usually not the best. You don't have to be best friends with the coach you play for, but you have to be motivated to play for him and you have to respect him. That's it.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I talked to a friend in Portland, OR, that knows basketball and has seen this kid play. Says he can really play the game. Some concern about his size in D-1, but really likes him. I'm about 45 minutes south of where he is from and will try to get in touch with his parents, since they are both Tech grads.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Am i reading this correctly? A 44:41 Assists:Turnover ratio? Thats not very good for a point guard.

Puppy sportstalk has turned a few heads around heresportstalk has turned a few heads around heresportstalk has turned a few heads around heresportstalk has turned a few heads around here

You won't have to worry about his assists:turnover ratio or the "smooth transition" after Daevon Haskins ... I hear he's already gone.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

tell me you're kidding...

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

he was never actually here.....

one of our assistants expressed interest in him sending in his transcripts and the possibility of us bringing him in as a walk-on.

nothing was promised and the kid went to his local paper and then the story hit the wire services.

if he was really that good we would have given him the open scholarship we do have.

no big loss.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

By some kind of strange way, I was reading that Haskins had left. I'm not really concerned about Loe, but I waited a long time for a true point at Tech and I can't wait to watch Daevon play this year.

Puppy sportstalk has turned a few heads around heresportstalk has turned a few heads around heresportstalk has turned a few heads around heresportstalk has turned a few heads around here

Sorry for the confusion of who had left the team ... Loe came to Ruston, worked out with the team at the Intramural Center a few times (with mom and dad watching) and then vanished for greener pastures, I guess. Probably a pasture where you won't have to sit out a year. Sitting out a year isn't easy, especially if you are a walk-on -- which is what he was (I'm not sure he fully realized that, though).

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Basketball Re: Who knows about New transfer

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog
    By some kind of strange way, I was reading that Haskins had left. I'm not really concerned about Loe, but I waited a long time for a true point at Tech and I can't wait to watch Daevon play this year.
    I'm sorry. I was talking about next year after Haskins graduated. The 2006-2007 season.

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    I'm sorry. I was talking about next year after Haskins graduated. The 2006-2007 season.
    I don't even want to think about the 2006-2007 season. We won't have Daevon and, in all likelihood, we won't have Paul either. Yikes!

+ Reply to Thread