+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sports Store in St Vincent Mall

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Sports Store in St Vincent Mall

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Whatever! If you want an individual to make a profit off your purchases, that's fine. Some folks might want Tech Athletics to make the profit at a normal markup.

https://mhlatech.merchanthost.net/appieshop/
    My point is, Tech should have a licensing agreement to sell its athletic-related paraphanalia. That would include the bookstore. I suppose the bookstore could sell shirts that read: Louisiana Tech Engineering without paying for it. But any shirts and other items that reference Tech Football, etc or even "Bulldogs" or "Lady Techsters" should require a fee to the athletic department. And, that would be in Oakes' jurisdiction.

Or, whatever! Let it continue as is....

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Okay, here is my annual rant opposing bookstore purchases........

Some of you newer folks on the board may not know this, but the Tech Bookstore is privately owned. Tech athletics makes zero to very little off the sales of Tech stuff purchased there and very little only if the licensing agreement was ever completed.
    I'm glad to know there's still a little stability in the world. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't responded. Now I can go to my church's men's retreat this weekend knowing that God still has His hand in the world.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Jim Oakes and Ronny Walker have made great strides in the merchandising of Tech gear.

If you are gonna blame Jim for the bookstore set-up, you may as well give him credit for the new bio-med building.
    Hiring Ronny was the smartest thing Jim has done. I give them both credit for the turn around, but I definately credit Ronny for his enthusiasm, his vision, and his unlimited energy to keep Tech's name out in the public and with the alums.

I do not know if this has been posted, but they had over 1075 individual supporters to Champs last year. A record!!!!!! It is getting better!

DFiH

Bulldog MattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around here MattEE's Avatar

I had no idea the bookstore screwed Tech so bad. From now on I will be buying from Ronnie. Had the privilege of meeting him and TechasDawg this saturday. Was a real treat they are both class acts.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I'm glad to know there's still a little stability in the world. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't responded. Now I can go to my church's men's retreat this weekend knowing that God still has His hand in the world.
    Who gets the bookstore profit then, the school? All I know is that I used to work in the Student Life Office and I did some bookkeeping, which included the bookstore. I know that my books went on the LA Tech Annual budget reports. I had the actuals and the budget numbers in there. Now, I dont know who the money goes to but it seems dumb for me to keep the books on them and for us to have a budget, if it does not stay within Tech.

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Wink Re: Sports Store in St Vincent Mall

I just got a new catalog form Edwin Watts Golf, it had various University items for sale. I called to see if La Tech was available and the person I talked with said they would not sale any item unless there was a license agreement and she ask if the Tech Logo was either licensed or had a copy wright. Where do we stand on this type of situation?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Who gets the bookstore profit then, the school? All I know is that I used to work in the Student Life Office and I did some bookkeeping, which included the bookstore. I know that my books went on the LA Tech Annual budget reports. I had the actuals and the budget numbers in there. Now, I dont know who the money goes to but it seems dumb for me to keep the books on them and for us to have a budget, if it does not stay within Tech.
    The profits from the bookstore go to the general fund and those profits no more support Tech Athletics than they do building the next wing on the Nano Center.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderDawg
    I just got a new catalog form Edwin Watts Golf, it had various University items for sale. I called to see if La Tech was available and the person I talked with said they would not sale any item unless there was a license agreement and she ask if the Tech Logo was either licensed or had a copy wright. Where do we stand on this type of situation?
    Ray, we have had a licensing agreement in place since June of '03. I'm pretty sure that this is about the time we got the logo copy write and decided on our "official" colors.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    Hiring Ronny was the smartest thing Jim has done. I give them both credit for the turn around, but I definately credit Ronny for his enthusiasm, his vision, and his unlimited energy to keep Tech's name out in the public and with the alums.DFiH
    AMEN to that! Ronny Walker is a godsend to Louisiana Tech athletics.

HD

+ Reply to Thread