+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shoot to Kill -

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Shoot to Kill -

In 1906 a devastating earthquake hit San Francisco. The mayor at that time
    was one E.E. Schmitz. Mayor Schmitz issued a proclamation. Perhaps you would
    like to read it.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 02-22-2009 at 06:27 AM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    In 1906 a devastating earthquake hit San Francisco. The mayor at that time
    was one E.E. Schmitz. Mayor Schmitz issued a proclamation. Perhaps you would
    like to read it.
    I like it - he was right.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    "Salty, it seems you and I may have something in common. My Rock River has A1 sights...but I've used it enough that I can keep a clip's worth in the bottom of a pie plate at 200 yards...with a good rest!" The AR-15 is a great rifle but if you want distance I would go with the M-14 and use hollow-point rounds. With the fixed sights one can hit targets at 300 to 400 yards and with a scope one can go up to 1000 yards.
    CARTEK, I guess I should have said that the AR-15 is so light that one should not try to use the fixed sights on it. The Army teaches a technique known as "quick kill" that uses hand and eye co-ordination. In other words, one shoots as one moves as not to become a stationary target.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    CARTEK, I guess I should have said that the AR-15 is so light that one should not try to use the fixed sights on it. The Army teaches a technique known as "quick kill" that uses hand and eye co-ordination. In other words, one shoots as one moves as not to become a stationary target.
    ...but I was thinking if we was up on top of say...a 10 story building with several friends and several hundred rounds...movement might not be necessary!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    ...but I was thinking if we was up on top of say...a 10 story building with several friends and several hundred rounds...movement might not be necessary!
    Then you would definitely want the M-14 with a scope and a couple of cases of ammo. It would be easy pickings. :icon_wink

The AR-15 is only accurate to about 200+ meters. Of course, the very high velocity of the round gives it a ton of knock-down power even if the target is hit in one of the extremities.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    This is craziness. And these people are causing touble everywhere they are going. My sister is under a lockdown in BR due to riots, they are rioting in Tioga, and I was auditing a credit union around Hersh Colisium today and we received a call to be very careful walking out of the door due to the agressive behavior of the refugees that were roaming the area. I understand that there are alot of good people that are not causing the trouble, but, Blanco needs to get the situation under control and quickly. I'm all for shooting the trouble makers before they hurt innocent people that are trying to help the idiots.
    NOT TRUE...there are NO riots in BR. Yes there is concern of the doubling of our population over night, and concern that the refuges are desperate, but NO "riots". I love how everyone exagerates a story they here just to sound like they are making news. Everyone wants to be a Dan Rather!

RD
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

We HAVE been locked in our building in Baton Rouge at work. There are places all over town that close at dark now because of the extra people. I think there is much more fear than actual reality, but guess its understandable when people turn on TV and see the rampant lawlessness.

When Taco Bells are closing 4 days after a storm at dark because of fear. You wonder is it based on anything or just fear of overtaxed resources. I have a friend that is closing their business before dark because there are no deputies available to provide the security they generally do. We're just about to get used to it.

Wednesday and Thursday there were still many lights out here in BR so you could sort of understand the AWFUL traffic you had to sit through to go anywhere. By yesterday I was starting to worry that this is our new normal with all these extra people. You don't instantly build infrastructure to handle the traffic, housing needs, etc. of people. Life WILL be different here for us for a long time to come.

Anybody NOT wanting to live in Louisiana's biggest city, better put a for sale sign in front of their house and move elsewhere. There aren't even enough houses to buy around here for the New Orleans evacuees. One co-worker said his neighbor's house had been on the market for a year with no interest at that price. He got 14 offers in one hour! There are plenty of people not planning to go back.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Markay, were the bank lobbies open during the week?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg
    NOT TRUE...there are NO riots in BR. Yes there is concern of the doubling of our population over night, and concern that the refuges are desperate, but NO "riots". I love how everyone exagerates a story they here just to sound like they are making news. Everyone wants to be a Dan Rather!

RD
    Tell that to the people that are locked down and the employees that were sent home until Tuesday. They were told at the time that there were and they have armed guards in the buildings to protect the ones that had to work.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Tell that to the people that are locked down and the employees that were sent home until Tuesday. They were told at the time that there were and they have armed guards in the buildings to protect the ones that had to work.
    Big difference between locking buildings because a lot of local law enforcement is being sent to the NO area to help and there being "riots" all over. Just another example of someone exagerating a story. Maybe they are locking the buildings because they are afraid of the "local trash" using this as an opportunity to comit their crimes?? Every think of that?

Yes things will be different here in Baton Rouge. No doubt. I will deal with those differences all day long before I would want to be in the refugees shoes.

RD

Oh no, you gave me some a red dot cause I said there were no "riots all over". How will I sleep tonight?? GET A LIFE!!

RD

+ Reply to Thread