+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflections

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Reflections

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    What?

We are blaming the poor? Is this coming down to that? I hope not.

Yes Gary. Believe it or not, "poor" people are just like the rest of us. Just because someone is poor it doesn't absolve them of their responsibilities. Especially during a crisis like this.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't expect "poor" people to act responsibily too?

HD

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

my personal opinion, having dealt with the Red Cross fairly recently when a tornado decimated a small town in Louisiana, is that the Red Cross will drive around in their fancy little rides to make a show while they scheme to take more out than they put in.

jmo

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    Powerline posted a statement of a doctor who was in NO during this mess:

A Louisiana Doctor Speaks

Dr. David Caskey writes from Louisiana. We can't vouch for what he says; all I know is, he's there and we're not:

A lot is going on down here that is not in the news. First, our esteemed governor and the mayor of NO are both idiots. This is the real reason for problems. Second, the NO police force is second only to the mafia in corruption and much of the looting and theft are coming from them as well as their lassitude in doing their job. Third, all Louisiana communities need clothes of any kind. See if your local Salvation Army will send to the shelters throughout the state and blog to give any clothes to the [Salvation] Army. You notice I did not say the Red Cross, they do not have a sizable presence here and are only fishing for money like after 9/11.
    Consider it done.
    Salvation Army, HELL YES ! ! ! !

Red Cross, HELL NO ! ! ! !

jmo

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Dwayne, you just nailed the problem: Ignorance.

This crisis has exposed the city of New Orleans for what it really is: A city with an extraordinarily high population of uneducated, unmotivated, mostly jobless, and criminally inclined residents. That's a recipe for disaster.

To avoid this situation in the future, the entire education system in Louisiana will have to improve drastically. Only through HUGE improvements in Louisiana's state education system will these residents become less dependent on the public dole and less ignorant of pending tragedies such as this. But frankly, I'm not sure the state of Louisiana and the City of New Orleans are up to the challenge.

HD
    Don't disagree with most of what you have to say except the awfully broad brush you're treating the education in Louisiana. This behavior is NOT a surprise to most people on this board. I would've expected the lawlessness and mayhem that has followed. This is not happening in St. Tammany Parish and they have bad damage as well (not the flooding except in Slidell), but the caliber of people and their level of personal responsibility is vastly different. The New Orleans underclass has been trained to be dependent - and they performed admirably in that. Its disgusting to see just how few said they told us to get out and I really messed up - just happy to be alive now. Can you imagine how different things would've been if we were talking about evacuating 10000 people now instead of this massive quantity of humanity we now are dealing with?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    What we have here is an entitlement mentality that has been long developed and it is getting ugly. Its always somebody else's fault. Those that didn't evacuate want the government to take care of them. The state wants the feds to do it. Where does it stop?!?! Personal responsibility at every level needs a revival!
    Great Post!

I've never understood why the government is providing housing and food to some of the population. It doesn't help people stand on their own 2 feet and it makes always looking for a hand-out. Most of those poor people could have walked out of NO if they wanted to.

Drug dealing and use is a cancer on the moral fabric of our society. If we had been hanging those drug dealing punks we wouldn't have the lawlessness problem in NO that we have today.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    Salvation Army, HELL YES ! ! ! !

Red Cross, HELL NO ! ! ! !

jmo
    I agree 100%. The widow of the founder of McDonald's left the Salvation Army over $1 billion in her will, and I'm sure she checked out that organization extremely well.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

This Hastert fellow from Illinois has to be one of the most insensitive pricks I know.

Blanco demands apology

9:15 p.m.

An angry Gov. Kathleen Blanco demanded that Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., apologize for his statement that it might not make sense to rebuild New Orleans. It was “unthinkable,” Blanco said, that Hastert would “kick us when we’re down. I demand an immediate apology.”

At a press conference Thursday night, she said that 300 soldiers from the Arkansas National Guard arrived in New Orleans fresh from Iraq and are under orders to restore order from the “hoodlums.’’

She said of the soldiers: “They have M-16s and they are locked and loaded. These troops know how to shoot to kill . . . and I expect they will.’’

U.S. Rep. Charlie Melancon, D-Napoleonville, said that 1,500 people had gathered on the Chalmette ferry landing awaiting evacuation, possibly by ferry, to Algiers. Making a plea for those refugees to receive food and water now, Melancon estimated that about 100 are dead, possibly from dehydration.

Officials also noted that an additional 80 police officers are now on the streets of New Orleans from elsewhere around the country, bringing some stability to the Superdome.

A doctor in University Hospital telephoned a Baton Rouge TV station, hoping to call attention to the desperate plight at his hospital. The hospital was running low on food and water, and had no power, the doctor said. “We have 160 patients in the hospital and they are actively dying,” he said.

Print | Send To A Friend | Permalink (Learn More)

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Yes Gary. Believe it or not, "poor" people are just like the rest of us. Just because someone is poor it doesn't absolve them of their responsibilities. Especially during a crisis like this.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't expect "poor" people to act responsibily too?

HD
    I totally agree. I understand that in a time of crisis many people will feel sorry for everybody that got stuck in NO. I feel sorry for the small percentage that couldnt get out alta. I am sorry but I have already posted this before how animals will do whatever to survive, but humans wont. Many humans will expect someone else to come rescue them instead of diong it themselves. If you cant scrounge up a few dollars for gas to put in your truck to get out of NO, then you need to reprioritize. Gas hasnt got that expensive, yet, jk. I saw a guy on TV that epitomizes my stance. He said,"I cant believe no one is here. The water is so bad, my truck filled up with water all the way to the top." I just shook my head and stood in awe. You could have gotten out, yet you chose to ignore a mandatory evacuation. It is hard to feel sorry many of these people.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Oh, there are some very wealthy people that were evacuated out of the hotel at the convention center this morning. You know, paying customers.....

This really does make a lot of sense if you think about it. It you can identify groups of people who can take care of themselves and have destinatins to go to instead of having to wait for shelters to be established, why not get them out of the mix. I have seen a black female congress person from the northwest and a couple of black male congressmen this morning trying to make this a racial issue. These people are a part of the problem, not a part of the solution. They suffer from their own unique brand of ignorance.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Without any identification of an interviewee, I can tell who is conservative and who is liberal. Liberals are always complaining. They are rarely a part of the solution.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    Without any identification of an interviewee, I can tell who is conservative and who is liberal. Liberals are always complaining. They are rarely a part of the solution.
    That is a very sad truth.

HD

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    Don't disagree with most of what you have to say except the awfully broad brush you're treating the education in Louisiana. This behavior is NOT a surprise to most people on this board. I would've expected the lawlessness and mayhem that has followed. This is not happening in St. Tammany Parish and they have bad damage as well (not the flooding except in Slidell), but the caliber of people and their level of personal responsibility is vastly different. The New Orleans underclass has been trained to be dependent - and they performed admirably in that. Its disgusting to see just how few said they told us to get out and I really messed up - just happy to be alive now. Can you imagine how different things would've been if we were talking about evacuating 10000 people now instead of this massive quantity of humanity we now are dealing with?
    Agreed. I lived in uptown N.O. while I was in law school. And the actions of some of these people do not surprise me at all. With that said, I still believe that the vast majority of the people left in N.O. are decent people, but to say the actions of the thugs comes as a shock would be lying.

Hell, my junior year of law school I was filling the truck up with gas and bullets wizzed over my head. I wasnt the target, but I was caught up in the middle of a drive by none the less. My senior year, my apt. was broken into and all of my stuff was stolen. (didnt get too much, i was a poor student:icon_razz ) A majority of my friends vehicles, yes MAJORITY, were either stolen or broken into. This place was a war zone already, now its just crazy.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

New Orleans is bad, but go to parts of St. Louis, Chicago, Houston, Memphis, and Cleveland among others. Some parts of those places are as bad or worse than New Orleans. These types are not unique to New Orleans. The same thing would be happening in any of the above listed cities under the same circumstances.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    New Orleans is bad, but go to parts of St. Louis, Chicago, Houston, Memphis, and Cleveland among others. Some parts of those places are as bad or worse than New Orleans. These types are not unique to New Orleans. The same thing would be happening in any of the above listed cities under the same circumstances.
    exactly

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Oh yeah, I am not disagreeing with you there. I was just talking about some of my experiences while I was in N.O., thats all.

+ Reply to Thread