+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Reflections

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Reflections

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby
    Salty-

How close are you to Talequah, OK? I have family there and have always loved visiting that area....a beautiful part of the coutry. What is the name of the big lake just east (I think) of Talequah? It really is nice.
    Nathan, just saw your post. You're thinking about lake Tenkiller. What I like best is rafting down the Illinois River in June when the water and sun are both high!

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    You're completely giving State and Local government a pass and pushing all the blame to Bush. .
    This is my biggest problem with this whole thing. Dumbass Nagin gets on TV and cusses out FEMA for not doing their job. Well, Mr. Nagin, the first line of defense is with you. You are the one who designated the Convention Center and the Superdome as flood relief cites, yet you are the one who did not have adequate supplies for these people if they got stuck there. That guy is a joke, almost as big of a joke as 60 percent of his police department jumping ship. I wont even speculate as to why that happened, I might make a few of the light hearts on here cry. Anyway, Blanco are their even words for her? I guess she thinks that crying and snivelling can win her an election so why not try it when a hurricane hits? She did absolutely nothing. People are angry at FEMA for taking 5 days, yet the flood victims should have at least been given supplies to last them through a rew days in the dome and CC. Get the national guard to guard the supplies and dare someone to try to take it. You had to know that it was giong to be very hard to get into NO if it started flooding. Piss poor planning on Nagin's part. If the flood doesnt hit, return the non-perishable goods and hand out the perishables. I dont see what is so hard about that. Totally inept local and state leadership is plaguing LA, but dont blame me on the state thing, I voted for Jindal.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

DH, you play that blame game very well!

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    DH, you play that blame game very well!
    I think no level of government did great, but you are a blind dumbass if you cant see that Nagin is spewing a bunch of BS. He was ill-prepared to say the least, but I wouldnt expect much else. If playing blame game well means pointing out facts, then I guess i do play pretty well.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

DH, Jindall has publicly blamed the federal government too.

But, he told CNN, "It's not the time to blame; it's time to make sure somebody's in charge."

In a news clip I watched earlier a reporter quoted Jindal as saying that "The federal government just didn't act quickly enough".

Okay, like I said, all levels of government can shoulder some of this blame. I believe though that the many people are giving the local a pass. Nagin and Co. designated places as relief centers, yet these places were ill-equipped to be them. The local did nothing and state didnt do much more, yet everybody is jumping on the blame Bush bandwagon. The local's ill-preparedness made the federal government's response more urgent, therefore compounding the problem when the feds dragged their feet. Sorry, when the blame goes around Nagin and the local officials need to be at the top.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I heard this morning on the radio (Laura Ingram show) that the Washington Post ran a story this week stating that the Federal government sent Governor Blanco an "emergency" document on FRIDAY, August 26th (3 days before the storm), that would have immediately shifted the responsibility of evacuating the city of New Orleans from the state of Louisiana to the Feds. But, Blanco unfortunately chose to play politics intead.

Since Bush is a Republican and Blanco a democrat, Blanco refused to sign the document because she didn't want to give up her powers as chief executive of the state to a Republican administration. So, she refused to sign.

Period.

For the record, the Washington Post is not fan of Bush or the Republicans. So, if the Post says it wasn't Bush's fault, you can damn well bet it wasn't.

HD

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I have said this 15 times but hindsight is 20/20. what if they would have evacuated EVERYONE in New Orleans 2 or 3 days before the storm and then the storm didnt hit. There would have been hell to pay.

Of the 10 or 15 storms that were "suppost" to hit New Orleans over the last 40 years this has been the first one that has come close. If the levees wouldn't have broken I believe that the people were told they had a mandatory evacuation still would have been upset.

There is alot more going on politically then just saying get out of the city this could be dangerous.

I will state again which I have many times but no one did their job to the best of their ability on the local, state, or federal level.

Local- Made their mistakes before the storm (weren't prepared)
    State-Some before and a bit immediately after the strom
    Federal-For 5 or 6 days after the storm and still don't completely have their act together.

All this bull about political red tape. Can't send in the military until formally requested. Im not buying it. Did the Tsunami victims ask us to come help, i dont think so. Did Kuwait ask us to save them when Saddam was invading. Did Iraq ask us to come free them from Saddam, not that I know of. There are ways around things. The fed could have done a much better job, when it comes to saving lives bureaucracy should not get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    I have said this 15 times but hindsight is 20/20. what if they would have evacuated EVERYONE in New Orleans 2 or 3 days before the storm and then the storm didnt hit. There would have been hell to pay.

I will agree that people would have been pissed if nothing would have happened, and that is the sad part. You try to help some people out, and they get angry about it. NO should always take the safe side though because this has been a reality for quite some time that this could happen. There might be some hindsight in this statement because it actually did happen this time, but I would never have taken that chance. If you makeeveryone get out and nothing happens, people might be angry but they wont want to burn you at the stake. If you dont make everyone get out and the levees do break, I will just point at the chaos that ensued to prove the point.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I heard this morning on the radio (Laura Ingram show) that the Washington Post ran a story this week stating that the Federal government sent Governor Blanco an "emergency" document on FRIDAY, August 26th (3 days before the storm), that would have immediately shifted the responsibility of evacuating the city of New Orleans from the state of Louisiana to the Feds. But, Blanco unfortunately chose to play politics intead.
    Here is part of that article:

Behind the scenes, a power struggle emerged, as federal officials tried to wrest authority from Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco (D). Shortly before midnight Friday, the Bush administration sent her a proposed legal memorandum asking her to request a federal takeover of the evacuation of New Orleans, a source within the state's emergency operations center said Saturday.

The administration sought unified control over all local police and state National Guard units reporting to the governor. Louisiana officials rejected the request after talks throughout the night, concerned that such a move would be comparable to a federal declaration of martial law.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...090301680.html

BUT at the top of the article the Post issued a correction:

Correction to This Article
    A Sept. 4 article on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina incorrectly said that Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco (D) had not declared a state of emergency. She declared an emergency on Aug. 26.

Here is the decleration of a State of Emergency dated August 26, 2005:

http://gov.louisiana.gov/2005%20%20p...aneKatrina.pdf

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

you people always hijack everything with your conservative views and if I blow just because someone decides to call out something different from you,than let er blow baby.Because it seems like most of us always have to listen to all the Republican hot air.If u don't want your thread hijacked with political bull,than stick to sports and stop making us listen to how great Bush is doing.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66
    you people always hijack everything with your conservative views and if I blow just because someone decides to call out something different from you,than let er blow baby.Because it seems like most of us always have to listen to all the Republican hot air.If u don't want your thread hijacked with political bull,than stick to sports and stop making us listen to how great Bush is doing.
    Way to skirt the issues beaux...you must be a long time liberal. If all else fails, call bush a moron...that'll get em.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

how is this for skirting the issue Johnny L.BITE ME!!!!!!!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    All this bull about political red tape. Can't send in the military until formally requested. Im not buying it. Did the Tsunami victims ask us to come help, i dont think so. Did Kuwait ask us to save them when Saddam was invading. Did Iraq ask us to come free them from Saddam, not that I know of. There are ways around things. The fed could have done a much better job, when it comes to saving lives bureaucracy should not get in the way.
    You must not be aware of the Posse Comitatus Act passed in 1878. This is why the military can be dispatched overseas by the President faster than it can be to states whose governors do not cooperate as Blanco did not.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66
    how is this for skirting the issue Johnny L.BITE ME!!!!!!!
    Well, to be honest, it's not very creative, but it's got about as much substance as most of your posts.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread