+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflections

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Reflections

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    There was a MANDATORY evacuation - they were told to get out - just because they didn't doesn't give them the right to take what they want and cause problems like this -
    Dwayne,

You and I, as well as most others on here, know that the opportunity to loot was the reason these people stayed.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Dwayne,

You and I, as well as most others on here, know that the opportunity to loot was the reason these people stayed.
    I think that's a little harsh. I understand that after watching the disgusting looting on TV, you feel like being a little harsh, but I don't think you can categorize all that stayed behind the way you just did. That area has a huge poor population. I'm not talking newly-wed poor (my personal classification), but we're talking dirt poor. I think a lot of the folks that stayed didn't have any transportation. At least 15,000 or so decided to by-pass the looting and go to the dome. There are some bad apples (who deserve the most severe penatly), but they don't represent the whole bunch.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Bulldog MattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around here MattEE's Avatar

Just want to let everyone on this board know that at Entergy we are working around the clock to restore power. I talked to a 35 year veteran and he said he has never seen it this bad. Our crews are staged in Jackson and have been dispatched. It is simply devastating can't say it any other way. Pray for New Orleans and the outher areas. I know I am. But please know that we are working feverishly to get the power back. The levee breaks are what is really stopping us form getting things going in New Orleans. It makes me feel proud to be a 3rd generation energy industry worker. Because we are all committed to restoring people needs as quickly as possible. I don't know how long it will take but I am ready to do whatever small thing I can here at the SOC to get us back up. WE WILL COME BACK!! BELIEVE IT!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I think that's a little harsh. I understand that after watching the disgusting looting on TV, you feel like being a little harsh, but I don't think you can categorize all that stayed behind the way you just did. That area has a huge poor population. I'm not talking newly-wed poor (my personal classification), but we're talking dirt poor. I think a lot of the folks that stayed didn't have any transportation. At least 15,000 or so decided to by-pass the looting and go to the dome. There are some bad apples (who deserve the most severe penatly), but they don't represent the whole bunch.
    I didn't mean to imply that all that stayed behind did so to loot. As I've stated on other threads, my brother-in-law's mom, stepdad and dad all stayed behind and are probably dead. However, I think most people that read my post will understand that the people I am talking about are the actual looters. There is no doubt in my mind those people stayed behind to loot. They are obviously able bodied people who could have gotten to the safe havens and the transportation that was provided to get people to the safe havens. They knew about these areas and provisions. These aren't people who couldn't walk, etc... These are able bodied people. They are nothing but thugs and criminals, and mark my words. If any one of them cause harm to my sister who HAD to stay down to offer assistance to the family members of these same miscreants, I will personally not rest until I've exacted my personal justice. Mark it down.

Quote Originally Posted by MattEE
    Just want to let everyone on this board know that at Entergy we are working around the clock to restore power. I talked to a 35 year veteran and he said he has never seen it this bad. Our crews are staged in Jackson and have been dispatched. It is simply devastating can't say it any other way. Pray for New Orleans and the outher areas. I know I am. But please know that we are working feverishly to get the power back. The levee breaks are what is really stopping us form getting things going in New Orleans. It makes me feel proud to be a 3rd generation energy industry worker. Because we are all committed to restoring people needs as quickly as possible. I don't know how long it will take but I am ready to do whatever small thing I can here at the SOC to get us back up. WE WILL COME BACK!! BELIEVE IT!
    I applaud you and the rest of Entergy for your tireless efforts. I have no complaints about the work and effort you all are doing. Pass it on to the others.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I just heard a Dr. at Charity Hospital on the phone with CNN. She said that they have lost 2 patients and that only 4 have been evacuated. A nurse went out to get air and was robbed at gunpoint. It is a scary situation with people trying to get in to loot. There is no power so they have limited ability to help patients. I certainly hope that they can get help there soon and get these people out of there.

Puppy CourtDawg is an unknown CourtDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I applaud you and the rest of Entergy for your tireless efforts. I have no complaints about the work and effort you all are doing. Pass it on to the others.
    I agree. My mom works for a rural electric coop in Winnsboro and they have sister coops in Washington/St. Tammany and Houma. They sent their 1st crew out yesterday albeit a smaller one. They only have about 45 employees in their office so they could only afford to spare about 10 total. These will return in a week and a 2nd crew will go out to take their place. This will continue until they are completely restored.

She did mention that she spoke with someone in McComb, MS yesterday and they said it looked like a giant had come through and picked all the power poles out of the ground and slung them around. Their entire system will have to be rebuilt from the ground up.

God bless these special people that are working tirelessly to help restore lives to normal as quickly as possible.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Sure some may have stayed to loot because everyone who has been to New Orleans knows what kind of bad seeds reside in that place. I also think we are seeing a lot of sensationalism as media coverage goes. Hell, only a few streets are probably even able to be looted and these news crews are right there filiming it. With that said, I think those predators that stayed for this purpose are few and far between. The majority of people that are there couldn't leave for whatever reason.

The way I see it, if for whatever reason I couldn't get out of the city, just had my home and all possessions flooded along with my food, what food was left on the grocery stores had been looted already, and I had my family to feed and the only way to get food was by bartering a stolen TV for someone with a loaf of bread or clean drinking water, then by God if you start shooting at me, I will be shooting back at you.

With all of that said, I don't know if things are that desperate yet, but who really knows? It may be? I just would not start advocating shooting our citizens just yet. Right wing talk radio is abuzz in this sh*t today. The talk show cowboys are quite disgusting.
    Last edited by Dawgbitten; 08-31-2005 at 01:48 PM.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Whoever the red dotter was that decided to comment "stupiest post of all time" can go on and kiss my white a**! Learn how to spell, moron.
    Last edited by Dawgbitten; 08-31-2005 at 01:39 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    With all of that said, I don't know if things are that desperate yet, but who really knows? It may be?
    Based on short-wave radio traffic it is -

I would not be surprised if it is found out that the "BAD" looters are being lead by the prisoners who they decided to turn lose once the water started rising -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Anybody who TRULY wanted to get out could've just got up on the I-10 and started walking. I'd have picked the worst thug looking guy myself at that point if someone was wanting to get out. I realize there were some elderly/disabled people that couldn't have exactly done that, but they don't appear to be the looters anyway. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the looting was WHY they stayed, but they definitely showed a quick propensity to do it. Lowlifes is all I can say.

Puppy CourtDawg is an unknown CourtDawg's Avatar

I saw this picture on the news this morning and it really made everything hit home for me as far as how serious the flooding is. They are space shots from NASA and the difference in the before and after showing the land/water masses are unbelievable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

What seems to be missing to me is any hint of leadership. The mayor and governor should be doing Rudy Giuliani style updates keeping everyone up to date. This is a big enough crisis to warrant it. Watching Fox News all I see is looting, bad guys running around with guns, and people trying to find food and water. They do ocassionally show the Red Cross and Salvation Army helping out. I am sure things will eventually get better but it sure seems out of control right now.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

With the exception of the unfortunate tourists who got trapped down there, and the old and the sick, and dedicated service people such as doctors, nurses, policemen, firemen, etc. who stayed behind, it is becoming apparent that a large segment of the element of society that has the mentality that the rest of us "owe" them also stayed put. Instead of being thankful that they are alive, they want to complain about services not being offered to them immediately. They have no concept of what has happened and what it is taking to respond and provide these services. They are just used to someone else taking care of them and/or bending the laws to get what they want. I know they are just a minority, but it seems that a majority of that minority stayed behind and are now the ones screaming for and demanding aid. I don't think any of us can truthfully say what we would do under the same circumstances, but then I think the vast majority of us would have had the sense to obey the madatory evacuation orders. They are talking about all of the guns and ammunition that has been stolen from WalMart and other establishments and armed gangs of thugs now roaming the streets. I hope these low lifes are dealt with with extreme dispatch. The terrorists would be proud of them. Dirtydawg - I am proud of your sister and all of the others who stayed behind to provide care and assistance to those who truly need it. But, I have no compassion for the scum who try to take advantage of this disaster.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFWDawg
    What seems to be missing to me is any hint of leadership. The mayor and governor should be doing Rudy Giuliani style updates keeping everyone up to date. This is a big enough crisis to warrant it. Watching Fox News all I see is looting, bad guys running around with guns, and people trying to find food and water. They do ocassionally show the Red Cross and Salvation Army helping out. I am sure things will eventually get better but it sure seems out of control right now.
    I think bringing Rudy in might be a great idea. Nobody is prepared for a situation like this, but Rudy seems good at things of this nature. Lord knows, we need some great leadership right now.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread