+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tulane to examine Louisiana Tech as host for team

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Tulane to examine Louisiana Tech as host for team

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    My understanding is that Cowen and his AD openly supported LA Tech's admittance to CUSA initially. Then, when Tech haters Memphis, USM and Marshall put pressue on Cowen to flip flop, he started crawfishing. Later, despite "pressure" from the state (Gov Blanco) and others to support Tech, Cowen caved and simply voted against us anyway. In business we call that unethical. - H.D.

I always figured it went down something like that, but remember the explanation CUSA gave......

The 12th team voted on was not La. Tech it was UTEP. They were "put up" first and recieved the neccessary votes.

We were told by our leaders and I think they were being told by the yea voters that we had enough votes. This was a problem for CUSA, because the "higher powers" didn't want us.

The "end around" was that they had to find another team if they wanted to keep Tech out. Freekin' UTEP!

We all knew we were doomed when we weren't taken immediately after TCU bolted. The announcent of Tech to CUSA should have come within days after the TCU announcement.
    Exactly.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg
    Did Tulane tell Tech officials they will vote for Tech if Tech makes it to the voting stage of the process.

There is a difference.... a huge one.

Tulane's vote for UTEP makes ZERO difference IF TECH was never a candidate.
    Tyler, I agree with that. However, I think you would agree that "if Tech was never a candidate", Tulane could have told us so quickly, without dragging our school's name through the mud for 6 months. If I did that with job applicant's at Cisco, I'd probably run into serious problems with my HR department, as well as the feds.

HD

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Tyler, I agree with that. However, I think you would agree that "if Tech was never a candidate", Tulane could have told us so quickly, without dragging our school's name through the mud for 6 months. If I did that with job applicant's at Cisco, I'd probably run into serious problems with my HR department, as well as the feds.

HD
    I agree completely.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I do hope we get a home and home out of the deal with Tulane down the road - whenever they have a home again. Definitely think we'll merit a long time even up deal - could be something good.
    I agree. Hopefully at least 4-6 games, home and home. Love to see this become an annual event.

+ Reply to Thread