+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Tulane Fans????

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Where are all the Tulane Fans????

Where are all the Tulane fans? I think we've only had two Green Wave fans visit this board (for a very brief period of time) this week. The question I have is, why haven't more Tulane fans visited our board to find out what the future holds for their team in Ruston?

The answer is simple: Tulane fans can't stand you, Ruston or Louisiana Tech.

I'm telling you......this whole "Tulane to Louisiana Tech" thing is KILLING the average Tulane fan, especially those who post on the CUSA board. They've always thought they were "better" than Louisiana Tech, and most Tulane fans would rather drink their own urine that associate with a Tech fan. Humble pie is sometimes hard to swallow.

Yes....Louisiana Tech is doing the right thing by helping Tulane in their time of need. I applaud Tech for doing it. It's just a shame that the average Tulane fan doesn't care and won't be grateful for the help. If the roles were reversed, I can't imagine a scenario where I wouldn't visit the hosting team's board and try to learn as much information as possible about my team's accomdations and surroundings.

My prediction: When this "Tulane" thing is over.....it will be like it never happened.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 09-08-2005 at 01:33 PM.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Wink Re: Where are all the Tulane Fans????

Michael, in this time of dire need, it isn't necessary to open up stupid threads with such negative posts. Sometimes, it's better to keep your mouth shut when you have nothing constructive to say!

TD
    ~~

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Where are all the Tulane Fans????

I think most Tulane fans have other things on their minds.

Besides, as I have said before, I hope we are doing this for one reason and one reason only - love of our fellow man.

I don't care if they ever say thank you. This is God's work. If we are seeking approval of another, then that is the extent of our reward. If we are doing this because we know that is what God wants us to do, our reward is eternal.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Since I found this board, I would call myself a little more than an "average" tech fan. However, I was in school for 3 years and a Tech fan for 9 years before I knew about the board...much less where to locate it.

I found the board when my little brother told me about it right before he came to Tech.

The Tulane fans I've spoken to or communicated with on various boards have, for the most part, been very appreciative. Maybe they haven't found the board yet...I don't know. It took me 9 years, so I'd give them a few more weeks.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Since I found this board, I would call myself a little more than an "average" tech fan. However, I was in school for 3 years and a Tech fan for 9 years before I knew about the board...much less where to locate it.

I found the board when my little brother told me about it right before he came to Tech.

The Tulane fans I've spoken to or communicated with on various boards have, for the most part, been very appreciative. Maybe they haven't found the board yet...I don't know. It took me 9 years, so I'd give them a few more weeks.
    After this thread, I hope they don't find this board.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg
    Michael, in this time of dire need, it isn't necessary to open up stupid threads with such negative posts. Sometimes, it's better to keep your mouth shut when you have nothing constructive to say!

TD
    ~~
    For an otherwise smart man, sometimes you say some really dumb things, TD.

The only post here that was truly a waste of time, is yours.

Frankly I'm shocked that more Tulane fans haven't visited our board and "socialized" the situation, the posssible unique scenarios, the logistics, etc... that we both now find ourselves in. Do you have an explanation for it?

I haven't noticed one single Tulane fan ask about our school, the facilities, the "quarter" system, or ANYTHING.

I can only surmise that they are totally repulsed by the thought of having anything to do with us.

We are on the forefront of experiencing one of the most unique situations in college athletics history,......yet the fans of Tulane and Tech aren't talking about it. Now, THAT'S what's stupid.

HD

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I haven't noticed one single Tulane fan ask about our school, the facilities, the "quarter" system, or ANYTHING.

I can only surmise that they are totally repulsed by the thought of having anything to do with us.
    I haven't been to the Tulane board, have you? Have I failed to visit because I vehemently despise Tulane and everything the school represents? No, it's because I'd rather be on my school's board, I don't know where there board is, ect. It's obvious that you have an axe to grind when it comes to Tulane...that's fine, but frankly, I don't care.

I tried for about ten minutes to find their board, and gave up.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been to the Tulane board. Maybe someone that knows how to find it can post the address to our board over there.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    I haven't been to the Tulane board, have you? Have I failed to visit because I vehemently despise Tulane and everything the school represents? No, it's because I'd rather be on my school's board, I don't know where there board is, ect. It's obvious that you have an axe to grind when it comes to Tulane...that's fine, but frankly, I don't care.
    I have no axe to grind with Tulane.....EXCEPT the one where they pissed on us when we tried to get in CUSA.

So yeah....I guess I do have an axe to grind. But that's beside the point.

You can't tell me that if the roles were reversed you wouldn't want to know WHERE our team was sleeping, WHAT they were eating, WHEN & WHERE they were practicing, HOW they were acclimating to the new campus environment, etc...... YOU Johnnylightnin, would want to know.

If I was a Tulane fan, I would have already been on this board checking on hotels, restuarants, and other accomodations in the area. But then again, I'm a businessman and a FAN with common sense....and that may be something some folks just don't understand.

HD

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

I would hope most tulane fans are appreciative(sp) of what Tech is doing, but it is the tulane and confrence usa officials I want to get in good with. The tulane fans dont have a say if we get into confrence usa, the officals do. I can only hope that our helping now would help us down the road. But even if it doesnt, it still was a great and right thing to do on Tech's part.

Would it be a good idea to move this thread to the recruiting forum?

Heck no. I want Tulane fans to see it.

Why are you guys so sensitive? Does none of this make sense to you?

HD

Because I really want what we are doing to be for charitable reasons. I don't want this to be perceived as being done for any other reason. This talk of doing this for getting into C-USA or to get the approval of Tuland fans is not something I want seen.

If we want to talk between ourselves the reason for doing this, and whether a grateful response by the Tulane fans is for some reason what they should be thinking about during this tragedy, then I would rather keep it there.

This just doesn't seem to be the time or place to judge our fellow man.

HD,

The Tulane fans cannot be blamed for our failure to get into CUSA. They can't control their Admn. any better than we can control our administration.

Second, of course I'd like to know everything if the situation were reversed. But, like I said, I was a Tech fan for a long time before I knew about the board.

I just think it is a little early to write all Tulane fans off as ungrateful Tech haters just because they haven't posted all over the board in the 2 days that our Universities have been associated with each other.

+ Reply to Thread