+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Where are all the Tulane Fans????

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Re: Where are all the Tulane Fans????

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Aaahhhh......so now we find the truth. You're simply a guy with an inferiority complex. I don't recall writng posts about my success, intelligence, wealth and knowledge....but thanks anyway.

"Little people" like you have continually tried to make this about me....but it was intended all along to be about Tulane's "dislike" for Louisiana Tech, not the other way around. It certainly was never intended to be about the messenger.

I love watching some of you guys get all worked up. It's especially fun to watch the "herd" mentality take root......Maybe some of you guys can teach our defense how to "pile on" since they can't tackle anybody.

HD
    Once again you have assumed something without knowing of whom you're speaking. You assume that because a person does not have the bloated ego that you do, that they must be "Little people." I have no inferiority complex and if I did it would not be due to you. Trust me, whereas you don't know who I am, I know who you are and have had you pointed out to me plenty of times at games and at tailgaiting events. Trust me when I say, that there is nothing about you that gives me an inferiority complex.

For you to say that you have never posted about about any of the afore mentioned traits about yourself is completely disingenuine. In this thread alone you have told us all about how you have donated money to the Katrina victims, volunteered for the Red Cross, worked at your "big" church for hours collecting donations. You also have commented numerous times in other threads about how much of a business man you are, and about how you were invited to be on the sidelines during that Cowboys/Niners game, but poor you can't make it because you'll be too tired after coming back from a buisness trip in Paris. You act as though you are the "end all be all" when it comes to Tech athletics and if someone has a differing opinion, you immediately attack them and start in with the name calling.

I would venture to say that there is not one poster, besides yourself of course, on this board that would step forward and say that you aren't an egotistical blowhard. If there is, would they please step up and set me straight.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I do know that some of the harshest critics of Louisiana Tech and it's bid for CUSA membership came from the Tulane fan base.
    I haven't been on NCAAbbs very long, so I can't confirm the message board part of your claim. I guess I just don't figure that the average fan could have that much of an effect. You know, unless he was a big time money guy. But, if the fan base did speak as a whole against the admission of Tech, I respect the administration for voting the way their fans felt was best. However, I hate it when somebody pees on my leg and tells me it's raining...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

I didnt post here yet, but I did read the boards during the whole expansion deal. It was pretty bad as far as the venom from some of the posters on NCAAbbs. There was legit posters who questoned our budget, facilities, etc. which I understand, but then there was also posters who would take any cheap shot they could.

I think what really made it bad was that those few posters who took cheap shots at us, really gave us a bad image with the rest of the ncaabbs community. Kinda like "its on TV so it must be true" type of deal. Those few posters sorta swayed the way many people viewed tech, and it was not for the better. I think that is what HD was getting at.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Not to mention, we cant really debate HD over what he said someone told him. Jonny brought up a point about bias that holds water, but overall it is hard to debate when HD is the only one who knows what he heard. On this subject, Tech gave CUSA plenty of reasons not to want them. Tulane lobbying against us didnt help, but we sure dont blow people away on paper via our athletic budget, facilities, and adm. commitment. We have hashed this out a many a time before I signed on, so I will just quit right now. I understand why HD doesnt liek Tulane's powers that be because they backstabbed us from his perspective, and that is understandable. As far as their fans go, I have no idea what they think about Tech overall. I only know a few people from Tulane.
    agreed...i have to think that our attendance numbers and facilities had to have played more of a part in our rejection than did the lack of support from a single school...even if that school is tulane.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattB
    I didnt post here yet, but I did read the boards during the whole expansion deal. It was pretty bad as far as the venom from some of the posters on NCAAbbs. There was legit posters who questoned our budget, facilities, etc. which I understand, but then there was also posters who would take any cheap shot they could.

I think what really made it bad was that those few posters who took cheap shots at us, really gave us a bad image with the rest of the ncaabbs community. Kinda like "its on TV so it must be true" type of deal. Those few posters sorta swayed the way many people viewed tech, and it was not for the better. I think that is what HD was getting at.
    that maybe so but i do not think that was the reason that BB&B wasn't over-flowing with posters from tulane thanking us for something that most of us probably had very little (if anything) to do with arranging.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Dawg
    Once again you have assumed something without knowing of whom you're speaking. You assume that because a person does not have the bloated ego that you do, that they must be "Little people." I have no inferiority complex and if I did it would not be due to you. Trust me, whereas you don't know who I am, I know who you are and have had you pointed out to me plenty of times at games and at tailgaiting events. Trust me when I say, that there is nothing about you that gives me an inferiority complex.

For you to say that you have never posted about about any of the afore mentioned traits about yourself is completely disingenuine. In this thread alone you have told us all about how you have donated money to the Katrina victims, volunteered for the Red Cross, worked at your "big" church for hours collecting donations. You also have commented numerous times in other threads about how much of a business man you are, and about how you were invited to be on the sidelines during that Cowboys/Niners game, but poor you can't make it because you'll be too tired after coming back from a buisness trip in Paris. You act as though you are the "end all be all" when it comes to Tech athletics and if someone has a differing opinion, you immediately attack them and start in with the name calling.

I would venture to say that there is not one poster, besides yourself of course, on this board that would step forward and say that you aren't an egotistical blowhard. If there is, would they please step up and set me straight.
    The reason I mentioned the "volunteer" work is because some of you guys were accusing me of being "heartless" toward the Tulane people, which of course, was absolutely absurd. I simply pointed out the FACTS as they relate to Tulane's past hatred toward Louisiana Tech (played us only once in the last 80 years or so) and their involvement with our application for membership to CUSA. That doesn't change the fact that some of you just didn't want to hear the truth.

It was you and some of your fellow "sheeple" that decided to make ME the focus of your posts instead of simply focusing on Tulane.

Go back and read the thread from the beginning. You guys came out swinging and defensive, calling me names right out of the box, simply because you felt like I insulted Tulane (like you should care about THAT! HA!). It's amazing how a guy like you can FORGET some of the rediculous accusations that lead to the justification of such "personal explanations" in the first place.

If you don't want to hear explanations, don't ask for 'em and don't lie about people so they must refute your nonsense. You chose instead to cheery pick personal issues about me instead of focusing on main point of the whole thread: Tulane's hatred for Louisiana Tech.

I think you are a weird dude if you know who I am when you see me (and you've seen me multiple times as you stated), but you haven't bothered to introduce yourself in these multiple social settings. That says more about your "social insecurities" than it does about me. What's your problem.....are you massively ugly or something?

Regardless, I'll try to not lose sleep over it. :icon_wink Since you've seen me several times, I'm sure you know that I'm no shrinking violet and I'm not scared of you either....so anytime you grow some nads and feel like approaching....don't hesitate.

Fact is, some people are more outgoing that others...and it appears (according to your own posts) that I'm DEFINATELY more outgoing than you, and that seems to bother the hell out of you. That's too bad because there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

HD
    Last edited by HogDawg; 09-12-2005 at 06:02 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattB
    I

You are absolutely correct. It was brutal treatment, and Tulane people were responsible for a great part of it. (But certainly not all.)

HD

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I was banned from a Tulane forum by some guy named Wayne prior to the 1998 Turkey Day game in the Dome. I was just engaging in some exchange of info and talking about the game when Wayne says that Tech will be "intimidated" playing Top 10 Tulane. I replied that that Tech team had already played at Nebraska, Texas A&M and Auburn and had beaten Bama the year before, so I doubted that the Tech players would be "intimidated."

Boom! I was called stupid and other things and banned from the board.

But, jerks like Wayne are a small minority and he was the board's moderator...

Then last year during the CUSA expansion there were some very vocal Tulane fans that voiced a "NO" vote for us. That's to be expected. Everyone has an opinion.

If HD is right and the hatred for Tech is wide-spread in the Tulane community, then, so be it. We are still doing the right thing offering those 88 players, and some family members, a home.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Not to mention, we cant really debate HD over what he said someone told him. Jonny brought up a point about bias that holds water, but overall it is hard to debate when HD is the only one who knows what he heard. On this subject, Tech gave CUSA plenty of reasons not to want them. Tulane lobbying against us didnt help, but we sure dont blow people away on paper via our athletic budget, facilities, and adm. commitment. We have hashed this out a many a time before I signed on, so I will just quit right now. I understand why HD doesnt liek Tulane's powers that be because they backstabbed us from his perspective, and that is understandable. As far as their fans go, I have no idea what they think about Tech overall. I only know a few people from Tulane.
    You are 100% correct in that CUSA had a long list of reasons to reject us. Hell, if I were the commissioner of CUSA, I'm not sure I would have included us. I just do not see any significant relationship between Tulane's lack of support for us to get in CUSA with them running over here after Kristina to to thank us for letting them stay in Ruston. I'm sure HD will say that my lack of intelligence is the reason for such blindness. He might also refer to me as "sheeple," whatever the hell that is. I just get tired of reading his abrasive and condescending posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    ..I just get tired of reading his abrasive and condescending posts.
    you're in the wrong place if you don't like abrasive and condescending posts.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    you're in the wrong place if you don't like abrasive and condescending posts.
    For that matter, I am probably in the wrong profession as well.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

The reason I mentioned the "volunteer" work is because some of you guys were accusing me of being "heartless" toward the Tulane people, which of course, was absolutely absurd. I simply pointed out the FACTS as they relate to Tulane's past hatred toward Louisiana Tech (played us only once in the last 80 years or so) and their involvement with our application for membership to CUSA. That doesn't change the fact that some of you just didn't want to hear the truth.

It was you and some of your fellow "sheeple" that decided to make ME the focus of your posts instead of simply focusing on Tulane.

Go back and read the thread from the beginning. You guys came out swinging and defensive, calling me names right out of the box, simply because you felt like I insulted Tulane (like you should care about THAT! HA!). It's amazing how a guy like you can FORGET some of the rediculous accusations that lead to the justification of such "personal explanations" in the first place.

If you don't want to hear explanations, don't ask for 'em and don't lie about people so they must refute your nonsense. You chose instead to cheery pick personal issues about me instead of focusing on main point of the whole thread: Tulane's hatred for Louisiana Tech.

I think you are a weird dude if you know who I am when you see me (and you've seen me multiple times as you stated), but you haven't bothered to introduce yourself in these multiple social settings. That says more about your "social insecurities" than it does about me. What's your problem.....are you massively ugly or something?

Regardless, I'll try to not lose sleep over it. :icon_wink Since you've seen me several times, I'm sure you know that I'm no shrinking violet and I'm not scared of you either....so anytime you grow some nads and feel like approaching....don't hesitate.

Fact is, some people are more outgoing that others...and it appears (according to your own posts) that I'm DEFINATELY more outgoing and more outreaching than you, and that bothers the hell out of you. Too bad. There's just nothing wrong with that.

HD
    So it's weird that someone points out to me who your are and says, "that's the ass on BBB that goes by the name Hogdog," and I don't rush over to introduce myself to you? I had the chance to meet Edwin Edwards once but turned it down because the idea was so distasteful to me. I guess that makes me weird too.

I don't care whether your afraid of me or not. I don't think I ever called you a coward. I did say that you're a blow hard that runs down others if they don't share your opinion. I tell you what, I ususally bring my seventy-six year old father to the games with me and hang out with Choudawg and some other friends before the games. I'll make a point of introducing myself to you at the first homegame. I'll make a trip over to the BBB tent just for you. I guess we'll see then if you're capable of carrying on a sensible conversation or if you'll have to relegate yourself to the I'm better than you are argument. Who knows, maybe you're easier to get along with in person, but as it stands right now, I'm still waiting for someone to stand up for your character.

ps. Yes. I am massively ugly, but that's okay because my wife and daughters are absolutely beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread