+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Tulane Fans????

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: Where are all the Tulane Fans????

who cares about if tulane fans come on here or not. Surprisingly not everyone in the world knows about the BBB. There are more important things in life than conference affiliations.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I propose this threat is moved to the recruiting section as well. This is rediculous. If I was from New Orleans at a time like this the last thing that I would be thinking about was football. Many have just lost their homes, family members, and a city they love. No need to be critical of them talking on our board or not.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I have no axe to grind with Tulane.....EXCEPT the one where they pissed on us when we tried to get in CUSA.

So yeah....I guess I do have an axe to grind. But that's beside the point.

You can't tell me that if the roles were reversed you wouldn't want to know WHERE our team was sleeping, WHAT they were eating, WHEN & WHERE they were practicing, HOW they were acclimating to the new campus environment, etc...... YOU Johnnylightnin, would want to know.

If I was a Tulane fan, I would have already been on this board checking on hotels, restuarants, and other accomodations in the area. But then again, I'm a businessman and a FAN with common sense....and that may be something some folks just don't understand.

HD
    man, my i am from new orleans and my parents live on the northshore...most of my family isn't sure where they themselves are sleeping, much less have the means to access the internet. the entire school is displaced...students are going to be hard pressed to find BB&B to thank us...and i'd rather them take care of there business with their homes and families anyway. look, if my school had just been put out of commission and is was a refugee...as much as i might appreciate another school doing this for mine...it might not even occur to me to find a place where i could get online and find BB&B...these folks have a lot on their plate. not to mention that there are five other schools doing the same thing for tulane (not to down play tech's contribution) they have a lot of folks to thank...we can hardly expect that we would be inindated (sp) with thanks...i believe that they are thankful, that's all i need.

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    So yeah....I guess I do have an axe to grind. But that's beside the point.

HD
    Hog,

Time to bury the hatchet (or axe)

Puppy FW is an unknown

You have got to be freaking kidding me. This is a joke right? If not this is the most pathetic rant I have ever seen.

I'd venture to say that most Tulane fans have something else on their minds, like getting their lives back together for one.

Go to the Tulane board. There are hardly any posts on it at all since Katrina hit that have anything to do with sports. Most have to do with people trying to find out if their friends and family are alive or dead. Forgive us for not all rushing to post on this site.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

hey, FW...neither you nor any other Tulane person owes anybody anything.

I can't even begin to imagine what y'all are going through, and for 99% of us up here, all we want to do is lend a hand. We have lots of personalities around here, and no one speaks for all of us.

We welcome you guys and hope we are able to make things a little better for you.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3
    ...We have lots of personalities around here and no one speaks for all of us.
    amen

Puppy slc wave is an unknown

We greatly appreciate your hospitality and kindness. Just so you are aware only about 7% of the student body is from Louisiana. Most of our alumni live out of state. We have been consumed by the tragedy in New Orleans. As things get better more people will be worrying about football and flying in to Shreveport to see the games. Right now most of us have greater worries. Again, thanks.

Puppy ETennSig is an unknown

FW shared this thread with us over on the yogwf (one of the websites of Tulane fans). I will admit we have been remiss in expressing our appreciation at times, although many of us have sent thanks to the administration of La Tech and Texas A and M, another school that took in 6 of our athletic teams.

We are very appreciative of La Tech's largess; like most Tulane fans, I was not aware of this website. To be honest, I have been busy surfing the websites related to New Orleans almost exclusively, trying to find out the status of family members, friends still in New Orleans, the Tulane campus, and homes of the aforementioned people. My concern over what has happened to a home that has been in my family for nearly a century does not diminish my appreciation to La Tech; we haven't said much here, because we have been worrying about a lot of other things besides football.

Tulane fans are shellshocked; we have watched horrific film of a city we love. We have seen our college campus with water covering the quadrangles and streets. We have witnessed the trashing of the stadium in which we play our football games, leaving us to wonder if we will have a stadium to play in next year other than Tad Gormley stadium (whose field had no less than 5 feet of water covering it).

Our lack of being here is not meant to show any dislike of La Tech or its fans; we are all mourning the events that have befallen our beloved city. Just because we haven't been here gushing our gratitude does not mean we are grateful.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

How deep did the water get on the Tulane campus?

Puppy FW is an unknown

Here are some pics from Tulane's campus and the surrounding area

http://www.flickr.com/photos/searingblue/sets/878000/

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    HD,

The Tulane fans cannot be blamed for our failure to get into CUSA. They can't control their Admn. any better than we can control our administration.

Second, of course I'd like to know everything if the situation were reversed. But, like I said, I was a Tech fan for a long time before I knew about the board.

I just think it is a little early to write all Tulane fans off as ungrateful Tech haters just because they haven't posted all over the board in the 2 days that our Universities have been associated with each other.
    I second that.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

FW,

For the love of God tell me bruno's made it!?!?!?!:icon_razz :icon_wink I should have paid rent for the amount of time I spent there while I was supposed to be going to law school. I take it Loyola is about in the same shape as Tulane?

Puppy ETennSig is an unknown

One of the YOGWF posters commented that Bruno's (the new one) shouldbe ok. In that neighborhood the bulk of the damage was to the trees, and most of the buildings were intact.

I have not been to Dave Melius' new place, which is cattycorner from the old Bruno's. I had planned to go to homecoming this year, and make a visit; guess it will have to wait.

Puppy FW is an unknown

Don't know about Bruno's, I'll try and contact Barth Melius and see, but I did shed a tear for the Boot and Froststop

+ Reply to Thread