+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next two presidents

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Next two presidents

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Also, on the issue of frauding the system, look that the money lost due to welfare and social program fraud compared to that of corporate fraud. I believe you will be shocked, if you look at it honestly.

I hate to sound like I am preaching, but it is time for this country to wake up and start doing what we hear and preach every Sunday. We need to stop just thinking of ourselves and our pocket books and start doing something that really matters. Capitalism? I believe in it. It is a good system. It has helped this country become the wealthiest in history.

Let's really clean up these programs and FUND them. That is the only right thing to do. Please don't ignore the problem anymore. It is there and it is growing. I feel ashamed of our country. Yes, I said it. Ashamed. We have the opportunity to REALLY show the world what Christianity is really about. Will we?
    '

Even if what you were saying is true the difference .....welfare comes from MY money. Corporate fraud comes out of the stockholder's money.
    Last edited by markay714; 09-16-2005 at 12:07 PM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Markay,
    How about the post above that one? Also, corporate fraud hurts you more than you think.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Also, on the issue of frauding the system, look that the money lost due to welfare and social program fraud compared to that of corporate fraud. I believe you will be shocked, if you look at it honestly.

I hate to sound like I am preaching, but it is time for this country to wake up and start doing what we hear and preach every Sunday. We need to stop just thinking of ourselves and our pocket books and start doing something that really matters. Capitalism? I believe in it. It is a good system. It has helped this country become the wealthiest in history.

Let's really clean up these programs and FUND them. That is the only right thing to do. Please don't ignore the problem anymore. It is there and it is growing. I feel ashamed of our country. Yes, I said it. Ashamed. We have the opportunity to REALLY show the world what Christianity is really about. Will we?
    Champ,

Government is not the solution on our social problems. Government has become the sole problem.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg
    Champ,

Government is not the solution on our social problems. Government has become the sole problem.
    I concur on this completely! Government should only do those things that we cannot do for ourselves. Where that line is drawn is way different for liberals and conservatives. I think food, clothing, shelter, etc. is what we should do for ourselves. Infrastructure - roads, military, LEVEES, etc. are things that the government should be about. WAY too many things have become government enterprises. Healthcare should be in the part of things we do provide for ourselves - we can get back there but we've got to fix some problems in that area to make that possible again.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    '

Even if what you were saying is true the difference .....welfare comes from MY money. Corporate fraud comes out of the stockholder's money.

Who would you like to see your money go to?? Texaco? Chevron? Delta Airlines? They hardly need it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Tylerdawg,
    That is the whole point. Many people cannot do for themselves. They are not able due to some of the things that I stated above.

Most people are ignoring them. I can't do that.

I understand that some people have a different view of how this should be done. That is fine, but don't ignore it any longer. Just because you don't see it everyday in your circle, does not mean that it is not happening. It is and it is bad.

I wish that everyone that wants to cut money would go to a social program and spend a day meeting people. It would change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtek
    Who would you like to see your money go to?? Texaco? Chevron? Delta Airlines? They hardly need it.
    I'd prefer to keep it in my own pocket and choose my own charities!

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Tylerdawg,
    That is the whole point. Many people cannot do for themselves. They are not able due to some of the things that I stated above.

Most people are ignoring them. I can't do that.

I understand that some people have a different view of how this should be done. That is fine, but don't ignore it any longer. Just because you don't see it everyday in your circle, does not mean that it is not happening. It is and it is bad.

I wish that everyone that wants to cut money would go to a social program and spend a day meeting people. It would change your life.
    Champ,

I didn't say 1 single word about not taking care of the poor or disabled. I simply said government is not the solution and many times is the problem.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Also (and THIS will get some reactions), we need to take back Christianity. The Republicans have deemed themselves the "Christian party". Well, I believe in helping our fellow man and having programs to do that. Yes, I think that it should be helping someone to help themselves, but we don't do that too much anymore. Get this stat: One in every TEN children are malnourished in this country. We are the wealthiest country in history. Is that good enough? Is that Christian enough? Yes, you can say it is due to uneducated people having babies, but why is that. I think we should have programs to help educate them and get them out of crisis. Help them to help themselves.

Maybe we could take a REAL look at poverty and the reasons for it...

OK, I just opened a HUGE can of worms. LOL I did this knowing that I will be out of pocket this evening and all of tomorrow. So, don't expect a response from me when some of you go off on this. I am going to be really busy and won't have time to read it all.

There you go and in my best Mike Myers Jewish woman's voice on Saturday Night Live "Talk amongst yourselves".
    As long as the Dems are pro-choice they will never be the Christian party.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg
    There are just as many Christians in the Democratic Party as there are in the Republican Party.

Abortion is in the news and the hot topic. You don't see all the people dying that are unable to help themselves. Are you saying that it is better to kill one child over another?

I am a Christian and a PROUD DEMOCRAT. I am OK with you being Republican, though. Just don't say that people in my party are not Christian.

Tyler,
    I have a lot of respect for you. You have always shown yourself on here to be a strong person and good Christian. Please think about what I stated in my post.

I don't know where the money would come from to run all social programs without the Gov't. The money now is not enough.

I would love to hear your ideas - really. I love to get innovative ideas to try to put into motion. I consult with Mental Health Agencies all over Texas. That is just one very small drop in the hat to other social programs, but it is a start.

I stated many of the things that I did, because I am tired of being called a "non-Christian" because I am a proud Democrat. I do not agree with everything the Democratic Party does or says, but I do agree with much of it.

Like I stated, I have no problem with Republicans. I hope that some of you strong Christians will speak up and change some of the policies that hurt people, though. The same goes for the Democrats. I speak up every time I can. I don't look at it as a competition. I look at it as doing what is right.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg
    there are democrats that are pro-life and republicans that are pro-choice...this is not a strictly partisan issue.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    there are democrats that are pro-life and republicans that are pro-choice...this is not a strictly partisan issue.
    Either way, pro -life or pro-choice, it still boils down to the fact that it is killing babies.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Either way, pro -life or pro-choice, it still boils down to the fact that it is killing babies.
    that wasn't my point...i believe abortion is wrong...the point was that gonzo said that democrats (as a whole) were pro-choice and that is not true. you'll get no argument from me against the immorality of abortion, but the issue is not a strictly partisan one.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

There are just as many Christians in the Democratic Party as there are in the Republican Party.

Abortion is in the news and the hot topic. You don't see all the people dying that are unable to help themselves. Are you saying that it is better to kill one child over another?

I am a Christian and a PROUD DEMOCRAT. I am OK with you being Republican, though. Just don't say that people in my party are not Christian.
    How do you infer that I want one to die because I want to save another?
    How do you know I am a Republican?

+ Reply to Thread