+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Chat Software

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

New Chat Software

I understand that there were some folks who had problems with the chat software during the last game. I hate to say it, but I was kind of expecting that to happen at some point. I have purchased and new chat client for the site and have it installed. It is integrated with the forum so you will need to login using the same login name and password as you have here. I still have some work to do on the layout and look of the chat page, but wanted y'all to know that it IS active and working. I would love it if y'all would check it out and let me know what you think. To get to the chat page, just click "FlashChat" on the navigation bar at the top of the page. Please give me any feedback here in this thread.

I've set up a few default rooms with one of them being "Game Day" You SHOULD automatically got to the Dawg Yard, but you may want to take a look at the other rooms to see if anyone else is chatting, but not where you are. You can also see if anyone is in the chat by looking at the bottom of the index page when you first pull up the message board.

In order to get out of the room right now, you will need to go back to your bookmark for this site. I'll hopefully be giving you a link to get out later tonight.

TDF (Chris)
    Last edited by TechDawgFan; 09-19-2005 at 04:53 PM.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Re: New Chat Software

it worked fine for me.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

There was a delay to what we wrote.... several people couldn't type..... it would not post things about every 5 or 6 of my lines.... I got kicked out of the room 2 or 3 times... that enough?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    There was a delay to what we wrote.... several people couldn't type..... it would not post things about every 5 or 6 of my lines.... I got kicked out of the room 2 or 3 times... that enough?
    Are you talking about the new software or the chat room during the KU game?

Chris

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Chris, that is what was happening during the KU chat.

OK. I'm really hoping that the new software fixes those problems. But since I'll be at the next game, I won't have a chance to test it out. Those of you who use the chat, PLEASE give me some feedback!!! I can't fix the problems if I don't know what they are or if they exist.

Chris

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Chris...

I just tested it and it worked fine. I was automatically logged in and I was in the Dawg Room

Bill

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Chris, it's fine on my PC at work, but I can't get anything to come up on my Mac at home. I guess I just need to download whatever Flash it is that the software needs...which is it?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog raiderdj is an unknown

Looks great TDF, will fire it up for the next game for sure

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Chris, it's fine on my PC at work, but I can't get anything to come up on my Mac at home. I guess I just need to download whatever Flash it is that the software needs...which is it?
    You need a Flash 7 player or better. I use Macromedia Flash, but there may be others out there. Let me know how it works.

And I'll put this here as well. I'm still working on the front end trying to get the template to work correctly. It's slow going, but I AM making progress.

TDF

Administrator mjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the earsmjrod seems to have something between the ears

raiderdj

You live in Peoria, Arizona?

Where?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I could not log in at all last week during the game. I'm having no problems with this format. Thanks for fixing it. By the way it's probably for the best that I could not get in once the second half started.

Varsity Bulldog raiderdj is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg
    I could not log in at all last week during the game. I'm having no problems with this format. Thanks for fixing it. By the way it's probably for the best that I could not get in once the second half started.
    hehe, i think pretty much all of us that did get logged in felt the same way...

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

No problems here. Great job folks!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I may try it the for the next away game.

It wouldn't have been a safe room for anyone in the second half at Kansas!

+ Reply to Thread