+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CAN WE TAKE A DEEP BREATH?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: CAN WE TAKE A DEEP BREATH?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    My problem with that thinking (even though I think you're right) is that it makes no sense. True Ryan is gone, but that doesn't mean we can't be as successful. How many schools lose a great running back but yet return to the same offense because the ones in the wings have shown promise? We have several running backs that show great promise. Why not let them prove they can't produce? Or are we afraid of success?
    EXACTLY!!! We have 4 solid to really good RB's, and we run the ball 20 times a game!?!? We have 3 QB's that appearantly can't lead this team to a win, so why not create a 3 or 4 headed monster at RB and run it down people's throats. It looks like our O-line is built better for run blocking rather than pass blocking.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    EXACTLY!!! We have 4 solid to really good RB's, and we run the ball 20 times a game!?!? We have 3 QB's that appearantly can't lead this team to a win, so why not create a 3 or 4 headed monster at RB and run it down people's throats. It looks like our O-line is built better for run blocking rather than pass blocking.
    C'mon Doc you know better, that is a coaching question, and we all know how smart the head coach is right.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    No Vic. Both Kubik and Allen would have very respectable stats if our WRs could consistently catch the ball. Several of these INTs inside our 30 yard line have been due to the ball bouncing up off the WR's hands for an easy pick. 7 points for the opponent and an incompletion and INT for the QB.

When we stop turning over the football (averaging an NCAA Division 1-A bottom-dwelling 4 giveaways/game!) then we'll start winning games. We're not putting ourselves in a position to win currently!!!!

Oh, we also have one of the most productive RBs in the history of Louisiana high school football standing on the sidelines unable to get into the game.
    HAven't we already led the nation one year for turnovers under Bicknell?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    HAven't we already led the nation one year for turnovers under Bicknell?
    Probably!

I do remember leading the nation in penalties back in 1999. We were on pace to set a new NCAA record for most yards penalized in an 11-game season, a record held by Grambling at about 1,700 yards. That's a bunch of yards! But, we got better toward the end of the season and thankfully, GSU is still reigning penalty kings.

When it comes to new lows in Tech football history, Jack Bicknell is out to set the records!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter
    Exactly my point and why we have a lot of comments that lack real knowledge.
    Our bad, I guess we need to ask Corso and Herbstreit to come on the board for DH to respect an opinion on here. I didnt know you had to be a football analyst to say waht you think on here or to have a clue about football.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    DH we don't hear you enlightening us with your obviously vast intelligence. No, you're right, everything just fine...keep believing it...Jack does. If you don't like to read other's opinions, I'm not sure you're in the right place. I don't give a d@mn if you think I'm the man or not. I went to the game and I told ya'll what I think. If you don't care for my opinion, who cares??? I'd say that would make us about even. If you think everything's fine, I'd say you're just another part of the problem.
    Never said things were fine and you are entitled to your opinion as everyone else. Just don't bash others that may see other issues and not agree with what you have to say every time. Someone doesn't agree, they get bashed, then don't come on line and ends up being the same few having their same conversations. Say something positive every now and then about Tech. Don't let hatred for some coaches and a few others effect your passion for Tech or others passion for Tech.

Enough said.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter
    Never said things were fine and you are entitled to your opinion as everyone else. Just don't bash others that may see other issues and not agree with what you have to say every time. Someone doesn't agree, they get bashed, then don't come on line and ends up being the same few having their same conversations. Say something positive every now and then about Tech. Don't let hatred for some coaches and a few others effect your passion for Tech or others passion for Tech.

Enough said.
    First, you didn't offer another opinion, you simply bashed (to use your words), the ones presented. I'd love to debate whatever you'd like to debate and we could have a good conversation and accomplish something. However, merely saying something to the effect of, you don't know what your talking about and your opinion is stupid is very hard to debate.

Second, I say positive things about Tech as much as I can. Every day at school I go on at least 2 or 3 tangents about the greatness of Tech. However, I will not say things are great when they are not. I, in my apparently very limited opinion, have disagreed with the play-calling and preparation for these first two games. I hope we win out, and I'd be more than happy to watch Jack and Conroy hold up a trophy at the end of the season.

Third, I don't hate Jack, Conroy, Dan, Jim, or anybody else for that matter. You don't have to hate someone to disagree with how they are running things. I find Jack pleasant in almost every situation other than a football game. I wouldn't be mad about 2 losses, I'm mad about the way we lost the KU game...and the recent decline in our competitiveness in football. Hate was your word not mine...disagreement and second guessing comes with the territory in college athletics and I'm sure the boys can handle it. I'm sorry if you can't.

Lastly, my passion for Tech is stronger than it's ever been. I'm doing everything I can to improve our position in the world. Nothing the athletic program does will ever kill my passion for Tech...much less would anything mentioned on a message board destroy my passion for Tech. My Tech pride and passion go deeper than a few coaches, athletics, or school leadership...I'm sure yours is the same way. I want to improve and I don't care how we do it. The reason I post most of the things I post is so I can vent and let out my frustration on the message board. If you'll go back and look, I've said my fair share of positive things as well.

All that being said...

Go Dawgs...Beat that dummy Mumme and let the 9 game win streak begin (positive enough for you?)
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Lastly, my passion for Tech is stronger than it's ever been. I'm doing everything I can to improve our position in the world. Nothing the athletic program does will ever kill my passion for Tech...much less would anything mentioned on a message board destroy my passion for Tech. My Tech pride and passion go deeper than a few coaches, athletics, or school leadership...I'm sure yours is the same way. I want to improve and I don't care how we do it. The reason I post most of the things I post is so I can vent and let out my frustration on the message board. If you'll go back and look, I've said my fair share of positive things as well.

All that being said...

Go Dawgs...Beat that dummy Mumme and let the 9 game win streak begin (positive enough for you?)
    Well said.

Puppy Dawgbit has turned a few heads around hereDawgbit has turned a few heads around hereDawgbit has turned a few heads around hereDawgbit has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3
    I agree with Brother Domangue. As much as I dislike Bick, calling for his head after 2 games is a bit to quick to pull the trigger.
    The truth may be that this is not just 2 games of a new season but the continuation of one long example of third string coaching.

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Mick uses more practical words, but to use the language of the mystical, spiritual sort of folk, all this attacking sends bad vibes to the players, coaches and less intense, devoted fans, potential fans and potential recruits.
    Nobody wants to be associated with nagging old women except maybe very tolerant, patient old men.
    Obviously, better execution and coaching will be required. But we do have nine games unlikely to be as tough as the first and no tougher than the second.

Let's get positive and plan to win!
    Awww well done Aub! I could not have said it any better myself :icon_wink

I am SOOOOO looking forward to being at this game this evening! Thank the good Lord for NO RAIN or extreme temps this weekend!!! I will be there with the whole crew in blue/red! GOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread