+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LSU game moved

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Football LSU game moved

Thursday, September 22, 2005
    Not again: Rita postpones LSU's first home game

ESPN.com news services

A potentially devastating hurricane is delaying LSU's first football game at home -- again.

With Hurricane Rita bearing down on the Western Gulf Coast, the Tennessee-LSU game, originally scheduled for Saturday in Baton Rouge, La., has been postponed to Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET. The game will be aired on ESPN2.

"After reviewing all of the information I felt this was the best decision for the game. The safety of our student-athletes, coaches and fans is our priority," Southeastern Conference Commissioner Mike Slive said in a press release from LSU. "I understand this puts a burden on LSU and its administration, however, the travel safety issues necessitate this decision."

The game, which would have been the first home game for the third-ranked Tigers after the originally scheduled Sept. 3 opener against North Texas was wiped out due to Hurricane Katrina, had been scheduled for Saturday night and an ESPN broadcast.

LSU's second home game against Arizona State also was moved, this time to Tempe, Ariz., because of the hurricane aftermath that turned the campus into a temporary shelter, hospital and morgue. The Tigers -- many of them directly affected by the destruction Katrina wrought on the Gulf Coast -- mounted a stirring fourth-quarter comeback to beat Arizona State 35-31 in that game.

Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer was opposed to playing the game on Saturday, believing the conditions would be unsafe for travel.

Even before Rita started making its way toward Louisiana, the Volunteers were going to have an unusual game day. With no hotel rooms available in Baton Rouge, Tennessee planned to fly into the city early Saturday for the night game.

"We've bent over backward to do everything we can to make this happen including going down the day of the game," Fulmer said before the date was changed. "Obviously, if they're sending people out of Louisiana, I don't know why we would be going in. My [university] president will not allow that to happen. I'm sure the conference office will be on the same page."

Fulmer said he advocated playing the game at the end of the season.

Rita, a 400-mile-wide storm forecast to come ashore near Port Arthur, Texas, or Lake Charles, La., by late Friday or early Saturday.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2169686

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Re: LSU game moved

I am not an LSU fan. I just thought this was some important news that yall might find interesting. I hope it rains on Monday because that would be to the advantage to Tennessee. The rain would hopefully slow down LSU's speedy receivers and force them to run into one of the nation's best front seven in the Vols defense.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    I am not an LSU fan. I just thought this was some important news that yall might find interesting. I hope it rains on Monday because that would be to the advantage to Tennessee. The rain would hopefully slow down LSU's speedy receivers and force them to run into one of the nation's best front seven in the Vols defense.

Who really cares if LSU or Tennessee wins. I"m sure most of us just hopes that whenever the game is played that no one his harmed or injured due to weather conditions......players or fans. You people can go overboard sometimes.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

about as exctining news as a bowel movement..............

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

ESPN Gameday was originally scheduled to be in BR this Saturday, but they had already switched to Virginia Tech because as the ESPN folks said: we gotta have a show.

You may say this is only a football game, and it is. Heck when Tech plays it's ONLY a football game too. So, in the larger scheme why should any of us really care? Give Bicknell a lifetime contract because why should anyone really care about the outcomes of silly games?

What all of this mess does point to, however, is the disruptions to our daily lives these storms, Katrina and Rita, have caused. Some of us are luckier than others. This is history in the making, folks. Just think, you'll be telling your grandkids about the year TWO huge storms smashed Louisiana (or close to it) and how even the almighty LSU Tigers were bothered by it. Good luck convincing them that LSU was bothered by mere hurricanes. Surely, the good drunks of Louisiana would never allow a tailgate party to be disrupted! :rolleyes4

Football Re: LSU game moved

Last time I checked, anytime two top 10 teams played each other that's big news. Maybe that's just me since I'm a college football fan.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9
    Last time I checked, anytime two top 10 teams played each other that's big news. Maybe that's just me since I'm a college football fan.
    I agree.

LSU hatred aside, this college football fan would rather watch LSU-Tennessee versus a bowel movement.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

and the choir said AMEN!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

AS I told Tech77 wensday at lunch I was looking forward to this game....

Unfortunately it will have to wait till Monday nite -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I am an LSU fan this week.

Have you ever seen an orange cadillac? Talk about U-G-L-Y

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe
    about as exctining news as a bowel movement..............
    While reading the "Delta Style"?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    While reading the "Delta Style"?
    any material that helps the matter pass

from Barrons to Delta Style.............................

and Bertman is making himself look like a jerk during this entire ordeal:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...509240362/1006

Mr. Bertman - LSU had Saturday classed back in the 50's and 60's - LSU played on saturday back then

Mr. Bertman - you say it is safe for UT to play Saturday but LSU is going to suspend classed on Monday due to the huricane?

Mr. Bertman - it is all about the student athletes - I know at LSU you treat your players like cattle but at other institutions the saftey and welfare of the student athlete is always first and foremost.

I would not be surprised to see UT forfiet this one on Monday if the damage from Rita is as bad as expected in all of LA.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

The smart thing to do would have been moving the game to Knoxville. LSU could have flown up their on whatever day they do for an away game and made it up next time they play Tennessee. Now both teams have to play 2 games in 5 days.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares? Seriously

+ Reply to Thread