+ Reply to Thread
Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194
Results 2,896 to 2,904 of 2904

Thread: Global Warming Cont...

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Global Warming Cont...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Makes sense. GW will melt the ice caps and a lot of that freed-up water will take the form of water vapor, because of increased temps. More water vapor, means higher humidity, means more precipitation.

I'm into phase 2 of the building my ark. No, I do not plan to take two of each kind of animals with me. Disgusting creatures like roaches, fire ants, fleas, liberals, snakes, etc...will have to fend for themselves.

...but, as disgusting as they are, liberal creatures will sue you for a free ticket....plus three free squares per day.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg View Post
    2 in a row. Wow. Any takers on August?

That "pop up" T.S. the other day will become the norm.

NOAA: Warmest Global Ocean Surface Temperatures on Record for July

August 14, 2009

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...obalstats.html

NOAA understands and predicts changes in the Earth’s environment, from the depths of the oceans to surface of the sun, and conserves and manages our coastal and marine resources.

North Atlantic Hurricane Season slowest since 1997

Global and Northern Hemisphere Tropical Cyclone Activity remains near 30-year historical lows -- three years in a row now of considerably below-average activity globally.

http://www.coaps.fsu.edu/~maue/tropical/
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    If it happens there is nothing that could have ever been done to prevent it. Just be glad we are on the warmer side of the cycle and not the cooler side. And I am not suggesting that it is going to happen either. The only thing that these climatologists are good at is being wrong.
    and what would the end result (water level-wise) be if the artix ice melted?
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Makes sense. GW will melt the ice caps .
    not likely. The average annual temperature of Antartica is -58 def F.

http://www.antarcticconnection.com/a.../climate.shtml

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Makes sense. GW will melt the ice caps and a lot of that freed-up water will take the form of water vapor, because of increased temps. More water vapor, means higher humidity, means more precipitation.

I'm into phase 2 of the building my ark. No, I do not plan to take two of each kind of animals with me. Disgusting creatures like roaches, fire ants, fleas, liberals, snakes, etc...will have to fend for themselves.
    dawg80, increasing water vapor doesn't need the ice caps to melt.......plenty of water in the oceans as it is.

If surface land and ocean temperatures go up by 5 degrees C, that means a 35% increase in rainfall. Couple that with the expected increase in drought in some places and you have the making of some super-duper cloud bursts over large areas of land, say 3 or 4 counties, dropping 8, 10, 12, 20 inches of rain in a few hours. I saw something like that a couple of years ago on my weather radar in the southwest corner of Kansas. Totally unbelievable storm that covered at least 2 counties. My neighbor who is from Kansas told me that the local farmers had driven their farm implements onto the railroad tracks to escape the flooding and that the river of water in some places was 10 to 12 feet and swept them off of the tracks.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Climategate = Wow.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...lobal-warming/

Holy crap. This is what I've been screaming about. The science has LONG since left this debate in return for political power and money. The "scientists" here should all lose any shred of credibility they have left.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

that is fantastic

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

especially the part of them actively blackballing and suppressing critics. What wonderful Science. The AGW crowd sounds a lot like the "earth is the center of the universe" church crowd back in the day.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    especially the part of them actively blackballing and suppressing critics. What wonderful Science. The AGW crowd sounds a lot like the "earth is the center of the universe" church crowd back in the day.
    I remember someone saying that I was just being paranoid and speculative when I said that critics of AGW were getting pushed out. Well to whoever said that...

+ Reply to Thread