+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 194 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming Cont...

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Global Warming Cont...

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    He may be King, but the kingdom is largely deserted. Fox News primetime ratings are higher than CNN's and MSNBC's combined.
    RC, can you provide a link that shows that?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg

www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/aug2005ranker.pdf

Here's one - I googled it and found it on some site from somebody that clearly doesn't like O'Reilly (he's not my favorite either - obnoxious mostly actually).

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/aug2005ranker.pdf

Here's one - I googled it and found it on some site from somebody that clearly doesn't like O'Reilly (he's not my favorite either - obnoxious mostly actually).
    Fox has been announcing it on their channel that they are number 1. I would imagine that if it were not true then they would have already been slammed for it. You can call Phil Donahue and ask him about O'Reilly - he put ole Phil off the air quite quickly. Fox rules.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

To make it a little easier for everyone, here are the primetime schedules for the three networks and their ratings using the August ratings.

Fox News--The O'Reilly Factor (2.2), Hannity & Colmes (2.0), On the Record (2.0)
    CNN--Paula Zahn Now (0.6), Larry King Live (1.0), NewsNight with Aaron Brown (0.6)
    MSNBC--Countdown with Keith Olbermann (0.3), Rita Cosby: Live & Direct (0.4), Scarborough Country (0.4)

7-8pm--FNC 2.2, CNN/MSNBC 0.9
    8-9pm--FNC 2.0, CNN/MSNBC 1.4
    9-10pm--FNC 2.0, CNN/MSNBC 1.0

When I first heard that FNC was beating CNN and MSNBC combined several months ago, it was still close. The gap has widened considerably since then.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Well, this thread is supposed to be about global warming but it must be due to all the heat put out by all those TV's watching Fox News.

Here is an link that shows what America is watching. And it ain't the news.
    http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...weekly,00.html

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

What is with your "Jesus is King in Louisiana"? You don't live here, so it leaves me wondering if you're making fun of some of our religious beliefs. Sure hope not.

What is with your "Jesus is King in Louisiana"? You don't live here, so it leaves me wondering if you're making fun of some of our religious beliefs. Sure hope not.
    I'm presenting it as a statement of fact. Am I wrong? Seems like everybody and his uncle on this message board is a Bible studying type.

Doesn't Louisiana have billboards that say that? I know that Muskogee, Ok has a huge billboard that says something very similar.

As a Christian, do you find the statement offensive. If so, I will change it.

I'm presenting it as a statement of fact. Am I wrong? Seems like everybody and his uncle on this message board is a Bible studying type.

Doesn't Louisiana have billboards that say that? I know that Muskogee, Ok has a huge billboard that says something very similar.

As a Christian, do you find the statement offensive. If so, I will change it.
    Perhaps you should just be able to make the statement that "Jesus is King over Saltydawg". Unless that's true, your statement is meaningless and definitely comes across as insincere at best.

And, no, I've not seen any billboards in Louisiana saying that "Jesus is Lord over Louisiana" or anything similar.

Perhaps you should just be able to make the statement that "Jesus is King over Saltydawg". Unless that's true, your statement is meaningless and definitely comes across as insincere at best.

And, no, I've not seen any billboards in Louisiana saying that "Jesus is Lord over Louisiana" or anything similar.
    Well, it would be insincere to say "Jesus is King over Saltydawg". Maybe Louisiana needs some of those huge billboards along the interstate proclaiming Jesus as the Messiah for humankind. Wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, I don't think it is meaningless and definitely not insincere but I'm going to change it anyway.

Well, it would be insincere to say "Jesus is King over Saltydawg". Maybe Louisiana needs some of those huge billboards along the interstate proclaiming Jesus as the Messiah for humankind. Wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, I don't think it is meaningless and definitely not insincere but I'm going to change it anyway.
    So I guess it was intended to be condescending and to make fun of those of us who are Christians. I've been made fun of for worse I suppose, but I don't think I've ever made fun of anyone's sincerely held beliefs even if I didn't agree with them. If you don't even believe Jesus should be LORD or King of your life, then why should Louisiana have such billboards? Wouldn't hurt what for us to have them? You think a billboard would change the view of who has/should have control of your life? Remind the Christians who has control over our lives?

So I guess it was intended to be condescending and to make fun of those of us who are Christians. I've been made fun of for worse I suppose, but I don't think I've ever made fun of anyone's sincerely held beliefs even if I didn't agree with them. If you don't even believe Jesus should be LORD or King of your life, then why should Louisiana have such billboards? Wouldn't hurt what for us to have them? You think a billboard would change the view of who has/should have control of your life? Remind the Christians who has control over our lives?
    Wait a darn second. According to the Pledge of Allegiance of the United States of America, this is a Nation under Jesus, so how I can be condescending or ridiculing you and other folks in Louisiana when I state that Jesus is King in Louisiana. The plain fact of the matter is that I can't because you believe that He is and the Pledge of Allegiance says that He is. But if old Salty says that He is, then something is rotten in Denmark.

As far as the billboards go, I do think that they can have a positive impact on the general moral fabric of the country. All those tiny signs on private land against abortion put up by the landowners have had a positive impact in the Right to Life/Pro-Choice debate. And yes, since only 20% of Americans attend Church on a regular basis, maybe the billboards could get that number up.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Wait a darn second. According to the Pledge of Allegiance of the United States of America, this is a Nation under Jesus, so how I can be condescending or ridiculing you and other folks in Louisiana when I state that Jesus is King in Louisiana. The plain fact of the matter is that I can't because you believe that He is and the Pledge of Allegiance says that He is. But if old Salty says that He is, then something is rotten in Denmark.

Do you just make stuff up as you go along to generate an argument. You know that's not what it says.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg

Do you just make stuff up as you go along to generate an argument. You know that's not what it says.
    No, it DOES say that. God is Jesus. They are one and the same. Are you saying that Jesus is NOT God?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

No, it DOES say that. God is Jesus. They are one and the same. Are you saying that Jesus is NOT God?
    You are so predictable. I knew exactly where you were going with your tirade.

"One nation under God." - Notice the capital G.

For most Americans that would be Jehovah God. Christians, Jews, Mormans, and others. I suppose that muslims would consider the God mentioned as Ahllah. (sp?).

I don't have time to get into the Trinity thing with you. It would probably fall on deaf ears anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    You are so predictable. I knew exactly where you were going with your tirade.

"One nation under God." - Notice the capital G.

For most Americans that would be Jehovah God. Christians, Jews, Mormans, and others. I suppose that muslims would consider the God mentioned as Ahllah. (sp?).

I don't have time to get into the Trinity thing with you. It would probably fall on deaf ears anyway.
    Come on, MD. The history of the Statute that changed the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954 is clear that they meant only the Christian God. Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and whatever were excluded. What about religions with multiple gods? If they want to be inclusive they would have put in language like "One Nation, relying on spiritual guidance,....."

I thought the Trinity thing is pretty simple. God=Jesus=Holy Spirit. What am I missing?

+ Reply to Thread