+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 194 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming Cont...

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Global Warming Cont...

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Wait a darn second. According to the Pledge of Allegiance of the United States of America, this is a Nation under Jesus, so how I can be condescending or ridiculing you and other folks in Louisiana when I state that Jesus is King in Louisiana. The plain fact of the matter is that I can't because you believe that He is and the Pledge of Allegiance says that He is. But if old Salty says that He is, then something is rotten in Denmark.

As far as the billboards go, I do think that they can have a positive impact on the general moral fabric of the country. All those tiny signs on private land against abortion put up by the landowners have had a positive impact in the Right to Life/Pro-Choice debate. And yes, since only 20% of Americans attend Church on a regular basis, maybe the billboards could get that number up.
    Thanks, but no thanks. I respond to no further of your posts - again.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    Thanks, but no thanks. I respond to no further of your posts - again.
    I take it that you agree with me. The "situation" is that Christians think that they have the one and only "answer." And that all other religions are false. Hence, they have no problem with giving the Pledge of Allegiance a Christian foundaton.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    LOL. How did you know who was on? Besides, many climate scientist believe with his view. Anybody rational does.

Thanks for watching Larry! :icon_wink
    i know who was on because you told me. and a rational person would look at all the evidence and draw his own conclusions rather than going along with what 75% of scientists say.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

I take it that you agree with me. The "situation" is that Christians think that they have the one and only "answer." And that all other religions are false. Hence, they have no problem with giving the Pledge of Allegiance a Christian foundaton.
    you know what? you're right. christians do think that they have the only true answer...they must because that is what their holy book says. most religions think that other religions are misguided. if you don't think that it is the answer that is a debate for some other venue (if you have honest questions about it...feel free to private message me and i'll answer them to the best of my ability)...the validity of my God is not something on which i have an open mind. i do believe that christianity is the only answer...there is no purpose in ascribing yourself to a belief if you don't think it is the correct belief.

as for the word "God" in the pledge...most of america doesn't even know it was added in the 50s so they can make "god" to be whatever they want. as far as i'm concerned (and this might earn me a red dot) i don't like the forced recitation of the pledge...with repitition it becomes meaningless. what does the pledge say?---most people only debate the word "god."...there are 30 other words in that statement that nobody ever talks about...why?---because it doesn't mean anything to them anymore, it's just some rhythmic string of words that everybody knows and can recite in their sleep. after i say the pledge do i think about what i just committed to?---not really. leave in the word or take it out, it's not going to change my or anyone else's relationship with God...that's personal and one thing that tampered with by the confines of this world.

anyway, that was a tangent...i appologize.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don't see the point of arguing with an atheist. Jesus said, if you are not with me, you are against me. And, if you are not with Jesus you'll be on the outside looking in to Paradise for all time.

Jesus says that two men are standing in a field, one is taken, the other left behind. I take that to mean that 50% of mankind will be saved and the other half sent to burn in hell. It is sad. I do "witness" a little bit, not as much as I should probably, but in the end, if 50% are destined to burn, well then, that is His will and who am I dispute that.

Chalk up saltydawg as one of the burners.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    I don't see the point of arguing with an atheist. Jesus said, if you are not with me, you are against me. And, if you are not with Jesus you'll be on the outside looking in to Paradise for all time.

Jesus says that two men are standing in a field, one is taken, the other left behind. I take that to mean that 50% of mankind will be saved and the other half sent to burn in hell. It is sad. I do "witness" a little bit, not as much as I should probably, but in the end, if 50% are destined to burn, well then, that is His will and who am I dispute that.

i consiser myself to be pretty cynical...but i'm not ready to give up on anyone. i won't debate my faith with a non-christian, though, i don't think that is productive.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I don't believe in atheist. That makes me a deeper thinker than Salty right?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    you know what? you're right. christians do think that they have the only true answer...they must because that is what their holy book says. most religions think that other religions are misguided. if you don't think that it is the answer that is a debate for some other venue (if you have honest questions about it...feel free to private message me and i'll answer them to the best of my ability)...the validity of my God is not something on which i have an open mind. i do believe that christianity is the only answer...there is no purpose in ascribing yourself to a belief if you don't think it is the correct belief.

as for the word "God" in the pledge...most of america doesn't even know it was added in the 50s so they can make "god" to be whatever they want. as far as i'm concerned (and this might earn me a red dot) i don't like the forced recitation of the pledge...with repitition it becomes meaningless. what does the pledge say?---most people only debate the word "god."...there are 30 other words in that statement that nobody ever talks about...why?---because it doesn't mean anything to them anymore, it's just some rhythmic string of words that everybody knows and can recite in their sleep. after i say the pledge do i think about what i just committed to?---not really. leave in the word or take it out, it's not going to change my or anyone else's relationship with God...that's personal and one thing that tampered with by the confines of this world.

anyway, that was a tangent...i appologize.
    I like Christianity. I like Jesus. I just don't like the Government passing laws that incorporate any one particular religion into a Pledge that children are going to recite in public schools. I like all religions because I think that they all have some spiritual wisdom to share.

Yes, I would like to return to the Pledge of Allegiance as it was in 1950. I suspect that the reason the original Pledge did not have any religious content was because the country was more aware then that our Nation was originally populated by people escaping from Government established religion.

dawg80, I don't think of myself as an atheist since an atheist is someone who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings. I'm more of an agnostic. I do think that the primary purpose of a religion is to make society and the human experience the best possible combination. The "here after" is not a particular concern of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    i consiser myself to be pretty cynical...but i'm not ready to give up on anyone. i won't debate my faith with a non-christian, though, i don't think that is productive.
    Thanks sik- for not giving up on me. I guess it is just you and the Jehovah Witnesses.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

salty:

Correct me if I am wrong, but an agnostic is someone seeking proof of God's existence, right? An atheist simply does not believe in God and no amount of "proof" or evidence will convince them. An agnostic, in practice therefore, is in the same boat as atheists since "proof" of God's existence is not readily available.

I KNOW God exists. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and through Him we achieve eternal salvation. If Jesus were to appear in the sky and say, Here I am! Well then, I suppose most people would find it easier to believe. (some still wouldn't) But where is the faith in having tangible proof?

In the end it won't matter. Believers will be saved and the other half of humanity will perish. The nice thing about Jesus is His arms are always open to welcome in the newly saved. It is never too late.

salty:

Correct me if I am wrong, but an agnostic is someone seeking proof of God's existence, right? An atheist simply does not believe in God and no amount of "proof" or evidence will convince them. An agnostic, in practice therefore, is in the same boat as atheists since "proof" of God's existence is not readily available.

I KNOW God exists. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and through Him we achieve eternal salvation. If Jesus were to appear in the sky and say, Here I am! Well then, I suppose most people would find it easier to believe. (some still wouldn't) But where is the faith in having tangible proof?

In the end it won't matter. Believers will be saved and the other half of humanity will perish. The nice thing about Jesus is His arms are always open to welcome in the newly saved. It is never too late.
    dawg80, I think it is just a question of what one seeks in religion. Most religions have a deity or deities and have some plan for eventually getting eternal salvation. The funny thing is that most religions don't do a really great job at "taking care of things at home". I would like to see more emphasis place on the "here and now" problems and let the "Big Boy Upstairs" take care of the Big Picture.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

dawg80, I think it is just a question of what one seeks in religion. Most religions have a deity or deities and have some plan for eventually getting eternal salvation. The funny thing is that most religions don't do a really great job at "taking care of things at home". I would like to see more emphasis place on the "here and now" problems and let the "Big Boy Upstairs" take care of the Big Picture.
    That is because most people would rather talk it than walk it. How else could you explain 90% of Americans claiming they are Christians when I would doubt that a fourth of them really believe that Jesus Christ is savior. I do have to say that I am very proud of the churches in the surrounding areas of all denominations and all other religions for their kindness shown after Katrina. If it werent for the religious community as a whole coming together on this one, we would be in much worse shape than we are. Sometimes it takes a wake up call for some people help out "here and now".

Thanks sik- for not giving up on me. I guess it is just you and the Jehovah Witnesses.
    hey man, augustine lived a life of pure for years hedonism before coming to faith to become one of christianity's most influential leaders; c.s. lewis didn't become a christian until late in life (i believe he said he "was dragged [by God] kicking and screaming into the kingdom of God) and he is possibly the most celebrated christian mind of the 20th century...nobody (in my opinion) is too far gone...you've only got to look to the repentant thief crucified next to Jesus for evidence of that.

as for the jehova's witness reference...you won't catch me knocking on your door, but like i said, you can private message me with anything you have questions about.

just so we can all know what "agnostic" means:

ag·nos·tic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-nstk)
    n.
      1. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
    1. One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.
    adj.
    1. Relating to or being an agnostic.
    2. Doubtful or noncommittal: “Though I am agnostic on what terms to use, I have no doubt that human infants come with an enormous ‘acquisitiveness’ for discovering patterns” (William H. Calvin).
    adj : uncertain of all claims to knowledge [syn: agnostical] [ant: gnostic] n : a person who doubts truth of religion [syn: doubter]

+ Reply to Thread