+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 194 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming Cont...

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Re: Global Warming Cont...

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    So long as you admit that you can't take a little humourous jabbing from someone who agrees with your position without vindictive, (to date) anonymous red dotting. And sorry if I offend you by my improper use of meteorological terminology, geez... I better go, it's getting kinda cloudy outside. I don't know if those or cirrus clouds or not... Oh GOD is it safe!?!?!?
    I find the fact that you know instantly when you have been red dotted to be hilarious. Im sure I have been red dotted more than my fair share but I wouldnt even know how to find out.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    I find the fact that you know instantly when you have been red dotted to be hilarious. Im sure I have been red dotted more than my fair share but I wouldnt even know how to find out.
    I use the UserCP as my home page for latechbbb. It's primary feature is the New subscribed thread section which let's you know when things you have responded to have had activity. Using that page, you don't have to go through each sports forum. The reputations are directly beneath that, you can't really miss it when you use the UserCP like that.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    A big part of forecasting is relying on historical data. Problem is, historical data is based on storms that developed when Ocean waters were cooler. NOAA needs to stop relying so much on historical forecating.

Checkout this chart. Yesterday, the chance that Chris would develop into a Cat 2 or greater was a cumulative 10%. Today, 25% chance. Altadawg forecast chance? Id say 50++%.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...47.shtml?table
    Oops.

Tropical Storm CHRIS Forecast Discussion

Home Public Adv Fcst/Adv Discussion Wind Probs Maps/Charts Archive

US Watch/Warning 000WTNT43 KNHC 030839TCDAT3TROPICAL STORM CHRIS DISCUSSION NUMBER 11NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL032006500 AM EDT THU AUG 03 2006

CHRIS IS BECOMING DISORGANIZED IN A HURRY. SATELLITE IMAGES INDICATETHAT THE LOW-LEVEL CENTER HAS BECOME DETACHED FROM THE THUNDERSTORMACTIVITY DUE TO NORTHWESTERLY SHEAR...AND THIS WAS CONFIRMED BYFIXES FROM AN AIR FORCE RECONNAISSANCE PLANE. THE MINIMUM PRESSUREHAS RISEN TO 1010 MB AND THE MAXIMUM FLIGHT LEVEL WIND REPORTED SOFAR IS ONLY 38 KNOTS.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

This kind of post usually brings on the red dots. I will take what comes, because what I am posting is the truth.

Whether they admit it or not, many, many GW alarmist are dissapointed at this news:

THE HURRICANE HUNTERS FOUND WINDS OF 39 KT AT A FLIGHT LEVEL OF 800
    FT OVER THE SOUTHEAST QUADRANT OF CHRIS. USING STANDARD REDUCTION
    VALUES THIS WOULD CORRESPOND TO SURFACE WINDS JUST BELOW TROPICAL
    STORM STRENGTH. SINCE IT IS STILL POSSIBLE THAT THERE ARE A FEW
    SPOTS OF TROPICAL STORM WINDS SOMEWHERE IN THE CIRCULATION...CHRIS
    IS NOT BEING DOWNGRADED ON THIS PACKAGE. A FEW HEAVY SHOWERS
    REDEVELOPED NEAR AND TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER...BUT THIS
    CONVECTION WAS NOT VERY DEEP. ASSUMING THAT SIGNIFICANT DEEP
    CONVECTION DOES NOT REDEVELOP...IT IS LIKELY THAT THE CYCLONE WILL
    SPIN DOWN TO A DEPRESSION WITHIN THE NEXT 6 TO 12 HOURS. THE SHIPS
    GUIDANCE INDICATES THAT THE CURRENT SHEAR WILL BE MAINTAINED FOR
    THE NEXT DAY OR SO. SOME OF THE GLOBAL MODELS SUGGEST THAT THE
    SHEAR COULD RELAX SOMEWHAT IN A FEW DAYS BUT BY THEN THE SYSTEM MAY
    HAVE WEAKENED TO THE EXTENT THAT IT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COME BACK.
    THE INTENSITY FORECAST SIMPLY MAINTAINS THE SYSTEM AS A DEPRESSION
    THROUGHOUT THE PERIOD WHICH IS A COMPROMISE BETWEEN DISSIPATION AND
    REGENERATION.

THERE ARE NO CHANGES TO THE TRACK FORECAST REASONING. CHRIS OR ITS
    REMNANTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE STEERED BY THE FLOW ON THE SOUTH SIDE
    OF A WELL-DEFINED MID-LEVEL RIDGE. THE OFFICIAL TRACK FORECAST IS
    BASICALLY AN EXTENSION OF THE PREVIOUS ONE AND IS SLIGHTLY TO THE
    NORTH OF THE DYNAMICAL TRACK MODEL CONSENSUS.

I also believe that many of the alarmist are unhappy that the number of hurricanes predicted has been reduced from 15 down to 7 this year.

Good news is bad news for the alarmist.

Sorry some of you guys are disappointed.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Sooner, I really don't understand the reasoning or thought process that goes on behind a post such as yours.

The only reason I would be disappointed is that with it's break up, there goes what small chance of rain we might have gotten in NE Texas. We got 2 inches of desperately needed rain last year from Rita, but it wasn't worth the expense my friends had to pay down in SW La. and SE TX. Have you seen a drought map lately? The trees are dying, ponds are dried up, grass fires abound, corn didn't grow, hay is having to be hauled in, and you will be paying much more for your burgers and steaks very soon. Not a pretty situation. Open your eyes and look beyond the pine forest. http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Crap, I forgot, You live in Ruston and therefore are inflicted with the DFM discovered disease, 71270itis. You can't see beyond those trees. I appologize.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I totally understand Sooner's thinking.

I had to listen to some dip on the radio this morning say that perhaps global warming is causing the destruction of Atlantic systems that create hurricanes!?! One year we are gonna die from megacanes, the next we need to create artificial tropical systems? WTH?

Trust me, alarmist bull is mainstream for people who accept global warming as fact and it is hurting this cause. Some people truly believe that we may be doing something to hurt the environment, but see things like that and we lose them. When you jump on to a global warming discussion and mention the the first potential hurricane of the season as we approach the peak of this season, it's like buying a coffin when you get a tummy ache. Just calm down.

And dawgbitten, did you just say that sooner had 71270itis because he was happy a hurricane didn't hit? I mean c'mon...

No, Sooner can't see the bigger world outside of Ruston. To him, everything is fine and dandy. Not a care or a worry in the world as long as everything is happy and Gay in little ol' Ruston.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I totally understand Sooner's thinking.

I had to listen to some dip on the radio this morning say that perhaps global warming is causing the destruction of Atlantic systems that create hurricanes!?! One year we are gonna die from megacanes, the next we need to create artificial tropical systems? WTH?

Trust me, alarmist bull is mainstream for people who accept global warming as fact and it is hurting this cause. Some people truly believe that we may be doing something to hurt the environment, but see things like that and we lose them. When you jump on to a global warming discussion and mention the the first potential hurricane of the season as we approach the peak of this season, it's like buying a coffin when you get a tummy ache. Just calm down.

And dawgbitten, did you just say that sooner had 71270itis because he was happy a hurricane didn't hit? I mean c'mon...
    Well, with the Gulfstream pushing far less water, his theory may have some validity to it.

Anyway, sooner should jump on the GW bandwagon. Even his hero, Pat Robertson, has now come over to the darkside.

Whatever, Clyde.

However, the first six months of this year were the hottest across the nation since the federal government began keeping records in 1890, according to Dennis Feltgen, a meteorologist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration who told NBC News that about 50 all-time high-temperature records were broken during the month of July.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    Well, with the Gulfstream pushing far less water, his theory may have some validity to it.
    If that turns out to be the truth, and not:

then global warming is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    No, Sooner can't see the bigger world outside of Ruston. To him, everything is fine and dandy. Not a care or a worry in the world as long as everything is happy and Gay in little ol' Ruston.
    I was born in Lafayette, Louisiana. I lived in Cameron most of my childhood, through high school. My brother's home and business were wiped out in Rita. My parents live in Lake Charles. The roof of their home was ripped off by Rita. My brother-in-law and my sister also live in Lake Charles, and they suffered damage from Rita. My childhood friends have been left without homes.

Believe it or not, I do care about them. It was a hurricane that wiped them out, not my exhaust pipe and deodorant.

By the way, I have only lived in Ruston for a little under five years. I lived in south Louisiana a whole lot longer than I have lived here.

Typical DB. Posts his opinion as facts. When the facts are checked out, he is usually wrong as he was here.

What am i wrong about? You live in Ruston and have caught 71270itis.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I invite you guys occasionally to visit aubunique.com and consider some of the issues there. Lauren created a Web log for me and I'll be posting assorted material for consideration and comment. It is new and small but will grow. I reserve the duty of deleting inappropriate language and hate speech, but I'll keep the gist of opinions to facilitate the exchange of ideas.

aubunique.com has a lot of background on environmental problems in our area and some useful links on many subjects. The direct address to the Web Log is aubunique.com/blog

+ Reply to Thread