+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulane / UTEP in Ruston

Tulane / UTEP in Ruston

It looks like it will be announced soon that Tulane will take on UTEP at Joe Aillett Stadium on Friday October 14. (ESPN) Can you guys recomend some good places to eat at and maybe a bar or two to hit after the game? Thanks!
    Last edited by Gang_Green; 09-28-2005 at 10:57 AM.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Tulane / UTEP in Ruston

Quote Originally Posted by Gang_Green
    It looks like it will be announced soon that Tulane will take on UTEP at Joe Aillett Stadium on Friday November 14. (ESPN) Can you guys recomend some good places to eat at and maybe a bar or two to hit after the game? Thanks!
    I love me some Tia Maria's. I'd love to show up and cheer against UTEP...they're dirty.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Restaurants-

Monjuni's (Italian, great atmosphere, try the tomato cheese toast appetizer! Located downtown on Trenton Street)

Dowling's Smoke House (Barbeque, Located on Tech drive just north of I-20, everything on the menu is good)

The Dawg House (Sports bar and grill, follow the signs off of Alabama between campus and downtown)

Ponchatoula's (Louisiana cuisine, also located downtown, the file gumbo is very good)

Rabb's Steakhouse (steakhouse....duhh. Excellent steaks. Located on the south I-20 service road west of Tech drive)

Bars-

Rabbs
    Tia Maria's
    I haven't lived in Ruston for a few years, so I am not too "up" on where all the good bars are.
    Should we send this guy to the Que-Stick?? :icon_wink

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Insider long ago told us there would be a Conference USA game in Ruston this season!

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Insider long ago told us there would be a Conference USA game in Ruston this season!
    not bad Aub!

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Que Stick is still closed

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

Yeah too bad the Que Stick is still closed b/c if it wasn't he would be seeing me there after the game. I would love to go to that game and cheer on the Green Wave.

As far as bars go, after the game you can go to Rabb's or The Dawghouse and that's about it. It depends on if you want to here music and drink or play pool, darts, and watch ESPN while you drink. If you rather the latter than I would go with the Dawghouse.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Try the Cajun place on Farmerville Highway. Someone else can give you better directions. I just find it by following the smell of the cayenne pepper.

I am afraid Aillet will be even more empty than usual for such a matchup. UTEP doesn't travel well. Their fans can't afford to get too far away from the border since most are here illegally.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Just to clarify, Tia Maria's is a Mexican place, not a bar.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Try the Cajun place on Farmerville Highway. Someone else can give you better directions. I just find it by following the smell of the cayenne pepper.

I am afraid Aillet will be even more empty than usual for such a matchup. UTEP doesn't travel well. Their fans can't afford to get too far away from the border since most are here illegally.
    Si mi amigo, no hablan ingles tambien! :icon_razz Uh oh, rojo dot ahora!!!!!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

uhh,, burrito?

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Wasn't it UTEP that said they were glad they didn't have to come to Ruston anymore, or was that SMU? HAHAHA

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Nate listed the best places to eat at in Ruston....

why is the Cue closed this time? under-age drinking again?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

How could everyone forget Stowes?????

That's were (AustinDawg, EasyDawg, insert Dawg name here) met the naughty nurse.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3
    Nate listed the best places to eat at in Ruston....

why is the Cue closed this time? under-age drinking again?
    I pass by the Cue stick everyday, it appears they gutted it and are in the process of renovating. It should be complete very soon.

+ Reply to Thread