+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh My Mr Majority Leader!

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Oh My Mr Majority Leader!

Tom Delay indicted. Even if not convicted on the criminal conspiracy charge repubs will have to find a new house leader as Delay will be REQUIRED to step aside....

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: Oh My Mr Majority Leader!

Damn!
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Damn!
    I second that motion.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

He must step aside pursuant to the House Rules of the Republican Party. Once the charges go away, which they will, he will resume his duties.

Even a mediocre DA like Ronnie Earle can indict a sandwich in Texas!

BTW, DeLay's counsel is a dyed-in-the-wool Yellow Dog Democrat...and he's saying it will go away very quickly...just like every other indictment Earle has levied against Republican politicians over the last decade (e.g. Hutchison).
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK

BTW, DeLay's counsel is a dyed-in-the-wool Yellow Dog Democrat...and he's saying it will go away very quickly...just like every other indictment Earle has levied against Republican politicians over the last decade (e.g. Hutchison).
    Your probably right, the charges probably wont stick, but do you realize that Earle has indicted 3 times more elected democrats than republicans? Just checking.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    He must step aside pursuant to the House Rules of the Republican Party. Once the charges go away, which they will, he will resume his duties.

When they shutdown the Chicken Ranch, now that was uncalled for.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    Your probably right, the charges probably wont stick, but do you realize that Earle has indicted 3 times more elected democrats than republicans? Just checking.
    the fact that he brings legit charges against legit criminals in a predominantly democratic district does not change the fact that he also brings frivolous charges against his political enemies.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

No one knows if they are frivolous or not yet. If they are, it will come out soon enough. It amazes me that just because someone belongs to a certain political party, they are assumed to be guilty or innocent by many of you. If this was a prominant Democrat, all of you would assume that they were guilty and the charges were worthy.

Time will tell, hopefully. There is plenty of corruptness in both parties. If you don't know that, you are being terribly naive.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

No one knows if they are frivolous or not yet.= Champion110

Champion the fact that Mr. Earle doesn't have any evidence leads me to believe the charges are frivolous. Mr. Earle said himself in his press conference that he had NO evidence against DeLay because indictments don't require evidence. We pretty much have to go with Earle's past record. He indicted Hutchinson during an election. The judge had to force him to take it to trial, then he dropped his case due to not having evidence against her. This was a Dem. vs. Rep. issue and nothing else just as the DeLay case is.

Alta, yes I know he has indicted more Dems. than Reps. during his term. Most of those Dems. were conservatives and were Dems. in name only. Did you know that this idiot took the case to SIX different grand juries before he got one to indict? Read up on the Hutchinson case.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

DeLay is the highest-ranking member of Congress ever to be indicted. He has 3 months to have this indictment removed because the House will then elect new leadership.

Seems like the indictment might have some meat on its bones.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Seems like the indictment might have some meat on its bones.

I guess we will find out IF it ever goes to trial.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

does anyone even know what the indictment is for really? he supposedly agreed to funnel illegal corporate donations through his campaign funds to the rnc and back to the campaign funds of texas republican candidates. from what i understand (i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong), those contributions are only illegal within 90 days of an election, and this is a standard way for corporations to make donations when it is legal. all mr. earle has done is show that some corporations have made contributions in this manner at some point. this is very weak, and according to every expert i saw on tv yesterday who was not holding back tears of joy, it's questionable if the aledged actions are even illegal. not to mention that the law in question is nothing but a partisan law passed by democrats to make it harder for their opponants to raise campaign money.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

My cousin who lives in Indiana emailed me and told me that he received a computer phone message saying to write his congressman and demand him to give money back b/c he took it illegally.

Shows you how much democrats are reaching at this issue. This was a state of Texas issue, not a federal.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Ronnie Earle is a complete scumbag. He operates much like a Mafia Don. In one of his attempts to nail a political opponent on the contributions scam, he got indictments against several corporations operating in Texas. He then went to the corporations and offered to "drop charges" if they made "significant contributions" to some "non-profits of his choice".

Unfortunately, the companies caved and Ronnie won. Now this is pure criminal behavior, but he never gets challenged. Who's going to challenge him? He's the DA in one of the most crooked counties in the nation!!

Now, I don't particularly like Tom DeLay. I think he's far too arrogant and he does push the envelope at times. But all of the things his so-called conspiracy violations are based on are NOT viloations of the campaign finance laws. The dimmies do exactly the same thing!!!

BTW, we can thank good 'ole McCain for this nincompoop campaign finance law that has made cheating far easier than it used to be!!! In the end, although I respect McCain for what he went through, it's becoming all too clear that he's not real bright!!

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

I'm certainly not a member of the Tom Delay fan club. Actually, I couldn't care less what happens to him. But here's a link that may shed some light behind the motivation for this. Maybe it's not partisan at all, just a publicity grab (makes much more sense).

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200509291814.asp

How would you guys cast this out? I'm thinking Jon Voight as Earle and either Kyle McLaughlin or a brunette dyed William H. Macy as Tom. Ted Danson could play Rick Perry and Carole Keeten-Strayhorn-Rylander-McClellan could play her self (if Kathy Bates is busy).

+ Reply to Thread