+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anybody ever been to the kibbie(sp) dome?

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Has anybody ever been to the kibbie(sp) dome?

I am not trying to start a flame war with some idaho posters, but what in the hell is that thing? I just saw it on TV and was wondering about it. Does it double as a basketball arena as well? I am worried about our guys going there and coming away with a win just because of that dome. It could be Idaho's 12th man so to speak:icon_razz

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Has anybody ever been to the kibbie(sp) dome?

It is definitely going to be a trap game. Our coaches need to do their job that week, or we'll go in there flat as a pancake.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    It is definitely going to be a trap game. Our coaches need to do their job that week, or we'll go in there flat as a pancake.
    I know, that is what I am worried about as well. I mean I got depressed just by watching the inside shots of that thing. Bick needs to have the guys prepare in the TAC to get ready for this one.:icon_razz

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattB
    I am not trying to start a flame war with some idaho posters, but what in the hell is that thing? I just saw it on TV and was wondering about it. Does it double as a basketball arena as well? I am worried about our guys going there and coming away with a win just because of that dome. It could be Idaho's 12th man so to speak:icon_razz
    Check with altadawg, he's been there a few times and has probably been ejected once or twice from the "dome". I'm feel pretty sure he'll enlighten us.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

It looks horrible! I'm longing for Tulsa, Rice, and even SMU back into the WAC. We actually have a team that plays in a barn in our conference!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattB
    oh my goodness. i just went to the iu athletics site and the dome actually does double as a basketball arena. the place seats 16000, so it actually has fewer seats than many div 1 basketball arenas (it only seats 7000 when they have it set up for bball). it really has got to be awkward playing football in a place like that.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i know it has to be bigger than it looks, but from the virtual tour, it looks like a really good punter could ring one off the rafters in that place.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Oh ya, Ive been to many games in the Dome. Back when Idaho was good, when they had Freiz and Nussmeyer. We used to pound Boise back in those days!

Never ejected though, that I can recall....Some of my pals cant say the same though! I had a fraternity brother who was "Joe Vandal" , what a trip that was!

The dome is okay for football, you can probably squeeze 17500 in there if you had to. It stinks for basketball, althought they do configure it where the students are right on top of the court from 3 sides.

I just checked out their site as well, and to tell you the truth, I would much rather play on their practice field than in that dome. Their practice field is awesome I think its only 75 yrds or so though, but it looks great.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my God! Is that REALLY their football stadium?????????????? I am stunned.

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

It looks exactly like Northern Iowas facility. And Tech Basketball played their 4 years ago. The facility is not that bad, hell a domes a dome weather housing football or basketball, a great environment to play in.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

+ Reply to Thread