+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michelle Wie

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Michelle Wie

there is only one thing that can push wie over the top -- practice on the putting green.

i saw some highlights from yesterday's first round of the lumber 84 in chicago, where wie shot a 77 and is 13 shots back.

the girl can drive with the men. she also has great iron play. they literally showed four or five holes where she absolutely stuck her approach shot. then she missed putts. wie was the only person in the field yesterday who didn't make a birdie.

she has to play more consistently overall, but she must become a better putter if she is going to be successful. she has the skills to be a top-5 finisher on the lpga tour every week. once she learns how to read greens and improves as a putter, she will dominate the lpga and catapult herself into a position where she really can compete with the men. right now, she just can't do it because the putting is holding her back.

a lot of people like to compare her to tiger at this age. it's a natural comparison. but there are differences. tiger was not a pro at this age (he was still three years away), and he wasn't competing against pros every week like michelle is. that competition should help her (it's the same argument in the nba with kids leaving school early). we must remember that when tiger did play against the big boys at this age, he wasn't making cuts either. what separates the two is knowledge of the game and mental toughness. tiger was very bright and more mentally tough than anyone to ever play the game. michelle wie, right now, is more interested in having fun. she hasn't learned the nuances of the game, so people with less talent can still beat her.

i still believe she has a bright future. she's only 16 (maybe 17 now) and has a world of talent. she's not a head case either. her mental game just hasn't caught up with her enormous talent just yet. i don't think she's that far off (look at her finishes in the lpga majors). she's getting a lot of backlash from people because of her ambition. tiger's ambition was matched by his will to win. if wie can ever get to that point, she'll be unstoppable.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Excellent post, professor.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    That's when he was using a straight driver - all he wants to do is hit that crooked driver now -
    Same Driver.... problem is the Drivee.

Going to the range all next week to get it figured out, then driving to Dallas Friday to try for the Long Drive thing.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN View Post
    DAWM DOC! Eleven months to the day and you repost on this thread. What, are you scared to make another one? You must be really board at work. Tax payer money well spent.
    Wait a second... people can post here from work?? HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!?!?!

Ok, so now I would like to hear the opinion's of the Wie defenders after last weeks "injury" withdrawl.

What do you think?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Thanks, Doc.
    The original post to this thread stands.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Since I just found this tread thanks to your revival here goes. Michelle needs to learn how to win. Tiger dominated every level of golf before moving to the next one. Michelle has never dominated anything. The second her talent was realized she was forced to play against people with far greater skills. She doesn't know how to close the deal. She has enough talent that one day she will win consistantly, and she will make a cut in a men's event. For now she's a young girl that is missing out on a whole lot of fun by trying to be larger than she is. She needs to do it the old fashion way, she needs to EARRRRRN IT!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Since I just found this tread thanks to your revival here goes. Michelle needs to learn how to win. Tiger dominated every level of golf before moving to the next one. Michelle has never dominated anything. The second her talent was realized she was forced to play against people with far greater skills. She doesn't know how to close the deal. She has enough talent that one day she will win consistantly, and she will make a cut in a men's event. For now she's a young girl that is missing out on a whole lot of fun by trying to be larger than she is. She needs to do it the old fashion way, she needs to EARRRRRN IT!
    Unfortunately HER DAD is way too involved -

While I think at one time she was one of the best TRUE young talents out there - he father has basically ruined her career before she even turns 18 -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Since I revived it, I'll express my opinion too.

I think that if the LPGA had any balls, what they SHOULD do is go ahead and tell Michelle that her injury was crap and that since she was going to shoot over an 88, then the penalty will be enforced as if she did complete the round. If I heard the rule correctly, then she either loses her card for a year or is banned for a year. If she just loses her card for a year, then she'll still play in several tournaments as a sponsor exemption. If she is banned for a year, then maybe that will be enough time for her to get her life straight (with the millions that she's already made doing NOTHING; <cough> Paris Hilton <cough> Anna Nicole Smith <cough>; and just MAYBE that will be enough of a break and motivation that she CAN finally come back to the tour and have a Tiger like effect on the LPGA.

I personally think that just allowing her to play the system like that will hurt woman's golf in the long run and any other woman's golfer that is on that 88 cuff will just do the same thing.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest that we officially change her name to Michelle :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I think it's time she takes some time off. Emotionally and physically, she needs rest. She hasn't even broke par this year. She wasn't hitting the longest drives on tour even when she was healthy. I can't add any criticism from what I posted a year ago since anyone who follows the subject knows what I am going to say. It's even on Wikipedia now.

+ Reply to Thread