+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Wie

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Michelle Wie

Did I miss something about Michelle Wie? She's officially gone pro and her endorsements could topple $11 million.
    What has she won/done lately?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Michelle Wie

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Rumor has it that she has been seeing altadawg and is reportedly trying to have his baby if their local branch of scientology will allow it.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Did I miss something about Michelle Wie? She's officially gone pro and her endorsements could topple $11 million.
    Seriously, I think it's more of what she's going to do.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

What had Lebron done when Nike signed him? He had only played HS basketball, it was a risk. Wie is a risk too, although much more than Lebron. Of course, she isnt getting the same deal he is either, about a ninth of the money he originally signed for.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

This year alone Top fives in all the women's majors and one runner-up....

Missing two cuts on the PGA by a combined 3 strokes....

And she's 15?

Sad thing is, the PGA will consider her a pro - the LPGA doesn't....

No she doesn't have a US women's ametuer - but who cares - she's got 10 million in the bank and its irritating the hell out of June Jones right now because the Hawayuh footballers have been relegated to the last page -

Go WIE!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    This year alone Top fives in all the women's majors and one runner-up....

Missing two cuts on the PGA by a combined 3 strokes....

And she's 15?

Sad thing is, the PGA will consider her a pro - the LPGA doesn't....

No she doesn't have a US women's ametuer - but who cares - she's got 10 million in the bank and its irritating the hell out of June Jones right now because the Hawayuh footballers have been relegated to the last page -

Go WIE!
    Yeah, Dwayne, finally read today's USA today which said she could've pocketed >$600,000 if she were pro rather than amateur.
    Wonder if she signed her dad to continue as her caddy.
    tm

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

If she had been pro, she would have been #9 on the LPGA money list.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg
    If she had been pro, she would have been #9 on the LPGA money list.
    And on the Solhiem Cup -

Her and Creamer would have made it as ROOKIES -

Through in Pressel and women's golf looks very promising and good for the next DECADE or so -

These girls can PLAY and the days of the DYKES and LESBIS are over!

And no - I don't think the professor will be toting the bag now -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    And no - I don't think the professor will be toting the bag now -
    not so fast, my friend, dwayne! i'd love to tote that young lady's bag. i'd certainly get paid more than i do in the classroom!!!

theprofessor

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Give me Paula Creamer every night... err... day of the week over Wie. Ya know, there's more to golf than hitting 300+ drives.... or so Dad's been telling me for about the last 10 years. I'd still love to see her take Tiger's advice, go win some Junior events, and LEARN how to finish a tournament. She's got the talent, but not the mentality. Morgan Presell has been pretty impressive as Dwayne said. Now when a woman's golf event is televised, I actually WATCH! Thank god they can wear skirts!

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Just give me Natalie Gulbis!!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

DANGIT! Forgot about that hottie.. i'm a sucker for long hair.
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 09-08-2006 at 06:25 PM.

Are we ready to make her win something first?? She STILL hasn't won a tournament.... Women's, Men's or Junior. She has had leads and blew it. Has she even MADE a cut against the men??

I see the hype, I understand that she hits the ball a long way compared to other women, but if you can't putt, you can't win. Today I think that I heard that she finished 14 strokes off the CUT!!

When will she finally WIN a tournament??

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Are we ready to make her win something first?? She STILL hasn't won a tournament.... Women's, Men's or Junior. She has had leads and blew it. Has she even MADE a cut against the men??
    When will she finally WIN a tournament??
    I am officially a "Wie hater" I guess. I think she is very talented and has a lot of promise. But right now she's like a dog that walks on its hind legs. People are too preoccupied with the fact she's doing it to talk about how well she's doing it.

When she made the move to playing PGA attempts, it was reported that she did so because she wanted to play at a higher level of competetion. I laughed out loud when I heard that. She hasn't won a single competetion at that level... I understand that she's 16 (almost 17), but to say that she has outclassed the likes of Sorenstam, Kim, Webb and Inkster??? I disagree. Of course, I have a feeling that an agent was involved in her decision to try PGA events.

Most recently, she was called "the Tigress" on national TV. Tiger's hype was built on winning. Winning the Juniors being a year younger than anyone else. Winning the amateurs. That is an absolutely absurd comparison for a talking head to make. She should stay "The Big Wiesy".

Also Dwayne, the LPGA has offered for Wie to file an exemption to the minimum age requirement which has been approved for multiple other players and she chooses not to... So I'm on the LGPA's side on that one.

I love watching Wie play. She's an extremely talented, beautiful young woman. But she is also one of the most over-hyped athletes in my young memory.

overpaid rightnow.

+ Reply to Thread