+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Wie

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Michelle Wie

She reminds me of a tennis star named Anna who also had a lot of talent at a young age. I hope she doesn't go that route. However, I am not impressed by dropping out because she was overheated. This shows me she has a weak mind for golf.

I've played thousands of competitions and I've never heard of a competitive golfer dropping out like that and in the tournaments I play, the golfers have to carry their bags. She dropped out because she wasn't winning and wanted to go cry about it.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    However, I am not impressed by dropping out because she was overheated. This shows me she has a weak mind for golf.
    AG, maybe it's because your an exceptional athlete, but I know that I didn't have anything to eat before a tournament. If any EMT's would have been at the 05 Bradshaw tournament, I'd put money on them getting me on an IV quickly. Call me weak if you want.

I'm a "Wie-hater" myself as well, but please don't bash her on a health related incident many months ago. Critisize her for being WAY over-hyped, WAY overpaid, WAY too inconsistant, but use common sense bud.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Most of us probably don't want to be remembered for our most embarassing moments - I know I don't. At 16 my judgment was a lot different than it is now! Time will tell if she can turn that promise into W's on the tour.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    AG, maybe it's because your an exceptional athlete, but I know that I didn't have anything to eat before a tournament. If any EMT's would have been at the 05 Bradshaw tournament, I'd put money on them getting me on an IV quickly. Call me weak if you want.

I'm a "Wie-hater" myself as well, but please don't bash her on a health related incident many months ago. Critisize her for being WAY over-hyped, WAY overpaid, WAY too inconsistant, but use common sense bud.
    Doc, you aren't a professional with a team of people working on your condition. What happened isn't entirely her fault, but at 16 there is no excuse for having to drop out like that. I'm not an exceptional athlete and she should be undergoing some rather extensive training to be a professional athlete.

Regardless of this incident, she needs to win or she'll go away soon.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Are we ready to make her win something first?? She STILL hasn't won a tournament.... Women's, Men's or Junior. She has had leads and blew it. Has she even MADE a cut against the men??

I see the hype, I understand that she hits the ball a long way compared to other women, but if you can't putt, you can't win. Today I think that I heard that she finished 14 strokes off the CUT!!

When will she finally WIN a tournament??
    DAWM DOC! Eleven months to the day and you repost on this thread. What, are you scared to make another one? You must be really board at work. Tax payer money well spent.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

... she should be undergoing some rather extensive training to be a professional athlete.
    When did golfers become athletes?

Golfers, bowlers, and pool players. They all play games but they aren't athletes. Oh, and NASCAR drivers too.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN Radio was ripping on Wie a bit during The Golf Show Saturday...continually replaying Wie's quote "It was my funnest two days ever."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN View Post
    When did golfers become athletes?

Golfers, bowlers, and pool players. They all play games but they aren't athletes. Oh, and NASCAR drivers too.
    I heard a rule of thumb for athletes the other day on ESPN. You should be able to relate to it. If you can drink a beer while doing it, it ain't a sport. BTW, this doesn't apply to NASCAR drivers, but I do believe I saw some of the WNBA gals drinking during the game yesterday. No I wasn't watching. It was like a car wreck...I just had to look.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

So you and Wie don't know how to properly eat (or hydrate) before a round of golf.
    When you were playing with me I made sure you and your driver were hydrated. What was that 2 (TWO!) par 4s you overshot at Old Oaks?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    So you and Wie don't know how to properly eat (or hydrate) before a round of golf.
    When you were playing with me I made sure you and your driver were hydrated. What was that 2 (TWO!) par 4s you overshot at Old Oaks?
    That's when he was using a straight driver - all he wants to do is hit that crooked driver now -

Wie is mishandled - Pop's needs to get out of the picture and let a coach and caddy handle her -

She is more talented at 16 than Tiger was -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

She reminds me of a tennis star named Anna who also had a lot of talent at a young age. I hope she doesn't go that route. However, I am not impressed by dropping out because she was overheated. This shows me she has a weak mind for golf.

I've played thousands of competitions and I've never heard of a competitive golfer dropping out like that and in the tournaments I play, the golfers have to carry their bags. She dropped out because she wasn't winning and wanted to go cry about it.
    You have to be in amazing shape to not overheat while playing golf in all that gorilla hair. I would shave it off before attempting any prolonged outdoor activities like golfing. Although it might come in handy during the colder weather tournaments.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    She is more talented at 16 than Tiger was -
    I totally disagree.

What has she done at 17 (I think she just had a birthday) that Tiger didn't do better in?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Regardless of this incident, she needs to win or she'll go away soon.
    i'm sorry, but someone who is consistently putting up top-5s in majors isn't going away anytime soon. win or no win.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    i'm sorry, but someone who is consistently putting up top-5s in majors isn't going away anytime soon. win or no win.
    Anna did pretty well in the tournaments she played.
    And then she did really well on calendars.

It's going to get frustrating to have all that pressure if she doesn't win something.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Anna did pretty well in the tournaments she played.
    And then she did really well on calendars.

It's going to get frustrating to have all that pressure if she doesn't win something.
    Anna failed because once she got stardom as a model, she didnt need tennis anymore. Michelle Wie is a fairly attractive girl, but Anna she is not. She will not have to deal with the distractions of modeling like she did. I think Anna's had more to do with motivation, not pressure. Also, she never showed the promise Wie does in her respective sports.

+ Reply to Thread