+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canes in Ruston

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Canes in Ruston

Canes in Ruston will open in Ruston Oct. 13th at 6pm!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Canes in Ruston

man, it looked like they were on the fast track in the last week or so. Can't wait to see that marquee read "Hawaii sucks" or "Boise Sucks" or something regional like that

nah, they'll probally just use it for the time and temp rather than important stuff like that. :bigcry:

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

What is Canes?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Canes has a Jumbrotron showing the highlights of us beating Hawaii and Boise?? WOW... we are behind the times! HAHA

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Canes has a Jumbrotron showing the highlights of us beating Hawaii and Boise?? WOW... we are behind the times! HAHA
    Oh man, you beat me too it. Went by Cane's tonight and thought to myself, "man, a chicken place has the first jumbotron in ruston. What a shame"

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog
    What is Canes?
    Canes is CHICKEN done RIGHT. I think i can be strong and wait a few days for the ruston one to open instead of being weak and hitting the west monroe one at lunch before then.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

We've been talking about that down here - Cane's does pretty much only chicken, but they do it well and are very successful. I actually like their toast better than their fries, but pretty much all they have is chicken fingers, fries, cole slaw, and toast. They do make good lemonade, too.

They really differentiate themselves with their customer service. Their employees are very friendly and customer oriented - gotta be a training thing.

They did do the boondoggle of doing the rubbing in the Tech - LSU score immediately after the game a couple of years ago at the Baton Rouge store. I think they've repented and learned better than that now - gave away some chicken or that offense I believe. I suspect they won't do that one again! Sure wish they'd have some scores to run in at their Ruston store - perhaps its easier to do that in the WAC (won't have a passle of alums from Far West State living in Ruston).

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

the canes in Ruston better be decked out in Tech gear

the guy that owns Canes is a LSUcks grad and fan............I do not like giving my money to those jerks

and as for the food - it taste like any frozen chicken from your local grocery store - but the sauce is damn good - and like another BB&Ber posted - customer service is unreal

how they get their employees to be so dang responsive should be studied and taught to other service businesses

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe

the guy that owns Canes is a LSUcks grad and fan............I do not like giving my money to those jerks

and as for the food - it taste like any frozen chicken from your local grocery store - but the sauce is damn good - and like another BB&Ber posted - customer service is unreal

how they get their employees to be so dang responsive should be studied and taught to other service businesses
    the plan is for the place to be decked out in tech and ruston high memorabilia.

todd graves is actually a georgia grad, not lsu. but he's been in baton rouge for about 10 years and is a tiger fan.

i disagree about the chicken. it's damn good -- not like that frozen stuff. and the sauce is incredible.

cane's customer service -- what graves calls "cool culture" -- differentiates the restaurant from any other. most fast food joints have horrible employees, but not cane's. graves is a very successful businessman, and he's built his empire around his workers.

theprofessor

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe

I think the chicken is a little better than the frozen chicken, however, I don't think it's so much better than any other chicken for the price they ask for it. It's way too expensive for me.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I think the chicken is a little better than the frozen chicken, however, I don't think it's so much better than any other chicken for the price they ask for it. It's way too expensive for me.
    Now, I can definitely agree with that. Although I've even bought one of those expensive cold drinks even without chicken because I know I'll get it fast and it'll have good ice (crushed).

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

The chicken is only good with the sauce, the fries are bad, and the bread is good. I do remember the Tech Sucks sign though so I am not a patron. They were awful nice about my complaint though. I got 2 e-mails and the offer of free food as an apology for the sign.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    todd graves is actually a georgia grad, not lsu. but he's been in baton rouge for about 10 years and is a tiger fan.

theprofessor
    I did not know about Georgia - He was a LSU student - at least he was when I was at LSU.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Cane's was part of his capstone course for maybe an MBA. He and a couple of guys came up with the buisness plan and the rest that goes along with it for class.

Big Dog SummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the ears SummaCumDoggie's Avatar

Canes should be the newest sponsor of the Tech Athletic Department

+ Reply to Thread