+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Quote from Bicknell

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Great Quote from Bicknell

Apparently at the beginning of the 3rd quarter the camera's were on Bicknell and caught him telling whoever had just scored "Good job, we're gonna make those motherf***ers run." Anybody else who watched Gameplan catch it?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: Great Quote from Bicknell

I heard it said, but the coach wasn't Bicknell. It was spoken quite clearly. I hope none of our bluehairs heard it!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

The coach said mofo clearly but I can't remember the rest of the words well, because I was laughing about the MO FO!

It would be wrong to criticize the guy for saying such under the circumstances. But don't mike him again for any network!

When I have time, I'll replay my tape on that!

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    It would be wrong to criticize the guy for saying such under the circumstances. But don't mike him again for any network!

When I have time, I'll replay my tape on that!
    Petey Perot gave us the sound bite

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Perot walked over to Dillard and told him "we are gonna wear those motherf'ers out"

It was clear as day. They left the camera on Dillard and coach but turned the microphone off.

It got me pumped up.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Yeah, it was Perot. He said it after Dillard scored the 1st TD in the 1st Quarter -- he told Dillard, "We're gonna wear those mofo's out..." and then the sound amazingly cut-out. I think his point was that we would not let up on the running game -- we were gonna establish the run, and Hawaii couldn't keep up. As it turns out, he was dead-on.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

WHAT A COACH! Any other coach would have said the same thing. Football coaches should NEVER be miked during a game. The emotions are too high and are defnitely not for the Disney channel.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

The thing was...he was right!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1
    WHAT A COACH! Any other coach would have said the same thing. Football coaches should NEVER be miked during a game. The emotions are too high and are defnitely not for the Disney channel.
    I can agree with the NEVER be miked part. I love football and I love to win, but that is not an appropriate way to speak PERIOD. While Coach Bicknell was trying to save his job, he spoke of trying to "train young men", how is that appropriate training - probably takes very little training to use such gutter language. The training would be to learn to win (or even lose) without using such unwholesome language. I'm not naive enough to think that lots of coaches don't use that type of langugage, but I'm certainly not proud of it and I don't think its funny. It certainly didn't make Louisiana Tech stand out as different in any positive way.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I can agree with the NEVER be miked part. I love football and I love to win, but that is not an appropriate way to speak PERIOD. While Coach Bicknell was trying to save his job, he spoke of trying to "train young men", how is that appropriate training - probably takes very little training to use such gutter language. The training would be to learn to win (or even lose) without using such unwholesome language. I'm not naive enough to think that lots of coaches don't use that type of langugage, but I'm certainly not proud of it and I don't think its funny. It certainly didn't make Louisiana Tech stand out as different in any positive way.
    Markay, this is not Pop Warner football. These are 19-23yr old young men who have been "around", so I don't think a few expletives are gonna hurt anybody's outlook on life. Besides, it can get pretty intense on the sideline if you've never been down there before. Remember, this is a team we've never beaten before so I think it's okay for them to get excited-including the coaches.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Markay, this is not Pop Warner football. These are 19-23yr old young men who have been "around", so I don't think a few expletives are gonna hurt anybody's outlook on life. Besides, it can get pretty intense on the sideline if you've never been down there before. Remember, this is a team we've never beaten before so I think it's okay for them to get excited-including the coaches.
    This lady doesn't hang around on football sidelines and I do prefer that that language is not brought to me in living sound and color on my television set either. The problem I have is when our coach wants to substitute "training young men" (please note that I didn't believe it then or find THAT acceptable either!) for wins and then this is what comes out of one of his coaches mouth in a GOOD situation? What comes out when they lose? Like I said, I don't think that requires much training. I'm quite offended when people use this type of language in public and it is FAR too prevalent in our society. Wonder how many Christians on the team are offended by that language. I'm offended when people don't respect others enough to think that it is acceptable to speak like that - its not.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I agree that the coaches should not be miked, just too risky. Regardless of how heated it gets, you have to keep your composure. Hopefully, Perot learned something last night, and if he is ever miked again will not repeat that mistake.

Bulldog Churchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the roughChurchlady is a jewel in the rough Churchlady's Avatar

Well, Isn't that convenient. Just say whatever comes out of your little potty mouth on National TV. I am sure that the coach must be SATAN!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This is why women should not be allowed close to football. There should be NO women reporterettes anywhere, no booth announcers, no stupid whiny Suzie Kolbers with their stupid script-memorized comments about a subject no woman can possibly know a thing about.

Our OL crushed those motherf...ers last night, and we should have ripped some heads off then pi$$ed down their necks. This is football!

It's a great game. Played for fun. Can't ya tell? :icon_wink

Congrats to Coach Perot and the OL. That unit won the game last night.

As for women and football, I tend to agree with the Hawaii players who were taunting some women behind their bench with "show your tits."

(I know I'll catch it for that.)

+ Reply to Thread