+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex Smith completes many passes to...

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Re: Alex Smith completes many passes to...

I just saw on a fantasy football website that Nolan said there was no truth to the trade rumors around Tim.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog
    I just saw on a fantasy football website that Nolan said there was no truth to the trade rumors around Tim.
    they don't want to trade Tim because they would leave them with a 2nd year QB with little quality playing time. Tim is, in Nolan's mind, just a Vet QB back-up to help teach $mith. Personally, I think this is dirty pool, but Nolan is the head coach there, not me. I hope Tim is able to leave the Niners as they are a team that will not be able to rebuild for a few years.

Now, Nolan could have said what he did about the trade, just to pleed the 5th on the topic so no other reporters could press him on the matter, so who really knows what is going on there....other than $mith having a wonderfull 8.5 QB raiting for his first start in the NFL....

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

The good news in all of that is that there are "trade rumors."

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

Article from Inside Bay Area: http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_3082851

Time is right to trade Rattay

THE NFL TRADE deadline is two weeks from today.
    It couldn't be more perfectly timed as far as the 49ers are concerned.
    You see, Mike Nolan has one of the most marketable players in the league on his roster — quarterback Tim Rattay.
    And he also has a bye coming up before the deadline, which would give Alex Smith an extra week to prepare himself for his new job.
    It's going to happen eventually, right? So why not now when the 49ers can get something of decent value for Rattay?
    I spent Sunday counting how many teams would be better off with Rattay behind center. The number was shockingly high.
    Look at who's quarterbacking teams these days: Drew Bledsoe, Mark Brunell, Joey Harrington, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese, Josh McCown, J.P. Losman, Brooks Bollinger, Gus Frerotte, Trent Dilfer, Anthony Wright, David Carr and Steve McNair.
    In a word: awful.
    Rattay isn't better than all those guys. Neither is every team represented on that list ready to make a change.
    But all it takes is one unhappy camper and you have a potential trade partner.
    If I'm the 49ers general manager, I'm on the phone big-time with three teams today as soon as I've delivered Mr. Nolan's lunch:
    -The Jets. This club is desperate. Bollinger's not going to get it done. Guess what? Neither is Vinny Testaverde. Rattay would save the Jets' season. And the Jets in turn could make the 49ers very happy on Draft Day 2006. -The Lions. The NFC Central is there to be won, but not when your quarterback already has made two of your three prize wide receivers disappear. Steve Mariucci has to know Rattay would give him a better chance of winning than Harrington. -The Texans. They've fired their offensive coordinator. The coach is next ... unless he can find another scapegoat. Carr would be a good choice. He's giving Jeff Tedford a bad name.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorDad
    Article from Inside Bay Area: http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_3082851

Time is right to trade Rattay

THE NFL TRADE deadline is two weeks from today.
    It couldn't be more perfectly timed as far as the 49ers are concerned.
    You see, Mike Nolan has one of the most marketable players in the league on his roster — quarterback Tim Rattay.
    And he also has a bye coming up before the deadline, which would give Alex Smith an extra week to prepare himself for his new job.
    It's going to happen eventually, right? So why not now when the 49ers can get something of decent value for Rattay?
    I spent Sunday counting how many teams would be better off with Rattay behind center. The number was shockingly high.
    Look at who's quarterbacking teams these days: Drew Bledsoe, Mark Brunell, Joey Harrington, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese, Josh McCown, J.P. Losman, Brooks Bollinger, Gus Frerotte, Trent Dilfer, Anthony Wright, David Carr and Steve McNair.
    In a word: awful.
    Rattay isn't better than all those guys. Neither is every team represented on that list ready to make a change.
    But all it takes is one unhappy camper and you have a potential trade partner.
    If I'm the 49ers general manager, I'm on the phone big-time with three teams today as soon as I've delivered Mr. Nolan's lunch:
    -The Jets. This club is desperate. Bollinger's not going to get it done. Guess what? Neither is Vinny Testaverde. Rattay would save the Jets' season. And the Jets in turn could make the 49ers very happy on Draft Day 2006. -The Lions. The NFC Central is there to be won, but not when your quarterback already has made two of your three prize wide receivers disappear. Steve Mariucci has to know Rattay would give him a better chance of winning than Harrington. -The Texans. They've fired their offensive coordinator. The coach is next ... unless he can find another scapegoat. Carr would be a good choice. He's giving Jeff Tedford a bad name.
    Add Aaron Brooks to that list

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog
    Add Aaron Brooks to that list
    Brooks is terrible. I sure wish they had gotten rid of him years ago. They will never win with him taking the snaps.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Just looked at Nolan's Presss Conference after the Indy game. He ACTUALLY said he saw a lot of good things in Alex's "performance" and he is "making good progress". What a bunch of crap!!! Tim needs to get out of there!!!!!!!!

This is the single worst QB performance in the NFL. A QB rating of 8.4 and SF only getting 18 net passing yards!!!!!!!!!

This is starting to sound a lot like the San Diego debacle with Ryan Leaf , the heralded first rounder who totally bombed!!

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Brooks can pull a bad team up to .500 and he WILL pull a good team down to .500. If you want a good shot at .500, Brooks is your man.

+ Reply to Thread