+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Survivor Tournament Pick Sheet Posted

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

NFL Survivor Tournament Pick Sheet Posted

As I mentioned before, I am running a new contest on the site this year. It is an NFL Survivor pool. For those of you who don't know what this is, it's pretty simple. Each week you will pick the winner of 1 game and only one game. You can select from all the games being played that week, but again, you are only picking 1 team to win. The interesting part is that you can pick each team only 1 time throughout the duration of the tournament! So choose wisely which game you pick because you won't be able to select them again. The goal of the tournament is to stay alive till the end and be the last man (or woman) standing. Points mean nothing. And after 2 misses, you're out! Also, just so you know, if you fail to enter a pick in any given week, it counts as a loss. So be ready to follow this one through or else you won't last long.

The entry page for this week is on the contests page at www.latechbbb.com/contests/2005main.html. You can also get there from the main page under contests.

As a note, since I am late getting this posted, the game tonight (New England/Oakland) is OFF LIMITS!!! The game shows up on the pick sheet because I'm using a template, but ANYONE who picks this game will be given an automatic loss!!! So don't do it!

If you have any questions, let me know. There WILL be a prize, but I haven't decided what it will be yet.

TDF

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: NFL Survivor Tournament Pick Sheet Posted

The results for week 1 of the NFL contest are posted on the contests page. I'm holding off on the pick sheet because I'm trying to work out a technical glitch at the moment.

If you want to view your week 1 results, go to the contest page. Remember that it's 2 losses and you're out.

TDF

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Damn the suposed genius that is Mike Martz...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Damn the suposed genius that is Mike Martz...
    Me too...guess we never should've picked against Tim.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

The pick sheet for week 2 is posted. I need to make y'all aware of 1 thing. The rules for this contest include that you may NOT pick the same team to win twice during the season. Unfortunately, there is no check for this when you submit your picks so you are able to pick twice. But I will be doing a pick verification after all the picks are in so if you pick the same team anytime during the season, I will catch it and that pick will be counted as a loss. To help you know who you have picked before, I'm attaching a file to this post which shows your picks from previous weeks. DO NOT PICK THAT TEAM AGAIN!!! You can also view this report from the Player Summary list that is part of the report package.

Get your picks in before Sunday!

TDF (Chris)
    Attached Files Attached Files

The week 3 pick is posted. After 2 weeks, we have 11 players who have been eliminated thus far. Be sure to check and make sure you are still eligible for the contest. Of the remaining players, only 7 have not yet recorded a loss. For the rest of you, it's 1 miss and you're out!

Again, here is a spreadsheet showing your previous picks. Remember that you can NOT pick the same team twice. If you do, the second pick will be recorded as a loss.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

TDF (Chris)

Week 4 pick sheet and week 3 results have been posted. Attached are your picks for the first 3 weeks so you don't duplicate.

PLEASE, no new players! Missed weeks count as misses and you have already missed too many weeks.

TDF

The Week 5 pick sheet is ready to go. Pull up the week 4 report package and go to Player Summary to see your previous picks. I don't have time to put a spreadsheet together right now.

TDF

The Week 6 pick sheet is ready to go. Pull up the week 5 report package and go to Player Summary to see your previous picks. You've all got the hang of it by now.

Just so you all know, we are down to only 9 players standing, 5 of which haven't missed a game yet. There were a few of you who entered late and had already missed two weeks of the contest. Even though you got last week's picks correct, I've forced you to lose since you were too late getting in. Sorry about that.

With the few number of people left in the contest, this will probably be the last time I post a message in this thread until the results are final. I'll handle notifying you of new pick sheet by PM here on the board. No need to clutter up the board talking to only 9 or fewer people.

Things are getting tight and the picks are getting harder. You may end up regretting picking some of the leading teams in projected blowout games early here in the next few weeks. Because if this keeps up, you'll EVENTUALLY have to pick some of the closer games since you don't have those teams available anymore. Think about your picks if you want to be the last man standing!!!

TDF (Chris)

*bump*

+ Reply to Thread