View Poll Results: What will the final record be?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • 9 - 2

4 4.00%
  • 8 - 3

41 41.00%
  • 7 - 4

42 42.00%
  • 6 - 5

10 10.00%
  • 5 - 6

2 2.00%
  • 4 - 7

1 1.00%
  • 3 - 8

0 0%
  • 2 - 9

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season Predictions After 4 Games

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Season Predictions After 4 Games

How will the season play out?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Season Predictions After 4 Games

Last week I said that it all hinged on the Hawaii game. If we won, we'd go no worse than 6-5 and we'd probably go at least 7-4 with possible bowl berth. However, I'm gonna cop out again and say that it all hinges on the Nevada game. A win there means no worse than 7-4 and strong bowl eligibility. My personal belief is that we'll go 7-4, maybe 8-3 with a win against Boise at home. 7-4, we're at home during bowl season, 8-3, we go to Hawaii bowl.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Last week I said that it all hinged on the Hawaii game. If we won, we'd go no worse than 6-5 and we'd probably go at least 7-4 with possible bowl berth. However, I'm gonna cop out again and say that it all hinges on the Nevada game. A win there means no worse than 7-4 and strong bowl eligibility. My personal belief is that we'll go 7-4, maybe 8-3 with a win against Boise at home. 7-4, we're at home during bowl season, 8-3, we go to Hawaii bowl.
    With the frequent changes in the bowl slots, I have lost track of the WAC tie-ins. If I remember correctly, if we don't win the WAC and Boise and Fresno are bowl eligible and don't get an invite to another bowl, then they go to the Silicon Valley (didn't that bowl go bankrupt though??) and Humanitarian bowls. Hawaii might have difficulty getting to 6 wins this year though, which could leave a slot out on the island.

IF we win against Nevada, we have a good shot of being bowl eligible. However, history indicates that we typically have a let down after building some momentum, like we did a few years ago against usc.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    With the frequent changes in the bowl slots, I have lost track of the WAC tie-ins. If I remember correctly, if we don't win the WAC and Boise and Fresno are bowl eligible and don't get an invite to another bowl, then they go to the Silicon Valley (didn't that bowl go bankrupt though??) and Humanitarian bowls. Hawaii might have difficulty getting to 6 wins this year though, which could leave a slot out on the island.

IF we win against Nevada, we have a good shot of being bowl eligible. However, history indicates that we typically have a let down after building some momentum, like we did a few years ago against usc.
    The WAC website only lists 2 tie-ins: The MPC Computers Bowl and Sheraton Hawaii Bowl. If there are 3 slots available, we'll get won at 7-4...I doubt UH will have 6 wins.

I think we will be bowl eligible, but we may be number 3 again. I think we can beat Boise at home...we're very tough at home, even in down years. I hope we go bowling, but it's really a little early to tell.

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

I agree it is a little early to tell if we are going bowling but I do believe that this weekend will tell if we are a legit contender this year for the WAC title. The Boise and Fresno games are winable but I do believe that Boise is the easier of the two. Fresno will be a tough test for us, since it is in Cali. and it is the last game of the season and that's when injuries are the worst. But we'll see.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    The WAC website only lists 2 tie-ins: The MPC Computers Bowl and Sheraton Hawaii Bowl. If there are 3 slots available, we'll get won at 7-4...I doubt UH will have 6 wins.

I think we will be bowl eligible, but we may be number 3 again. I think we can beat Boise at home...we're very tough at home, even in down years. I hope we go bowling, but it's really a little early to tell.
    Is the MPC Computers Bowl the former Humanitarian Bowl?? If so, I guess the Silicon Valley Bowl is no longer.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I say 8-3. The only game that I see us possibly losing is Fresno and that's only because I haven't really seen much of them yet. To be honest though, I think we're good enough to run the table as long as our players stay focused and keep the "pay back" attitude they had for the Hawaii game. They need to come out and play with a chip on their shoulder. I don't know what it would take. Maybe the fact that the WAC wants to kick us out because we are so far east. The coaches need to find something to get that fire going.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg
    Is the MPC Computers Bowl the former Humanitarian Bowl?? If so, I guess the Silicon Valley Bowl is no longer.
    Yes it is. The SVB is no more.

Puppy gooddog is an unknown

I am impressed with both the defense and the running game. After watching Boise this weekend, I think we will beat them. I predict that we will finish no worse than 8-3. Fresno State will be tough...but they were tough last year.

Big Dog #1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears#1techfan seems to have something between the ears #1techfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gooddog
    I am impressed with both the defense and the running game. After watching Boise this weekend, I think we will beat them. I predict that we will finish no worse than 8-3. Fresno State will be tough...but they were tough last year.
    Yea Fresno was tough, but we are also a tougher team at home than we are on the road. In the past our team just hasn't traveled well when we go to these big games i.e. Boise, Hawaii, & Fresno.

Now don't get me wrong Fresno will be tough and we can beat them and we have a very good chance of beating them but we have to show up and play our game and not let them gain control of the game. Not only is Fresno tough though they are playing for revenge from last year when we knocked them out of the Top 25 after we beat them. I think that they are playing all season long looking forward and preparing for the final game of the year against us. I think it will be a great game I will thouroughly enjoy watching it at Fresno. I hope that our team will show up and be ready for that game and I hope we put a big hurt on their season. Don't forget if we win all the games up to that one then we will be playing for the WAC Championship and that may be the push that our guys need.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

I have a feeling there will be other slots available for bowl opportunities this year just like last year. I really don't think the SEC will have 8 bowl eligible teams. (ARK, Ole MISS, Miss St., Kentucky, and USC or even Vandy might not be bowl eligible). IF, and a big IF we were to run the table, we could end up in the Independence or Houston Bowl. Otherwise, we probably go to the GMAC Bowl or one of our 2 tie-ins.

I think it would be AWESOME for Tech if we do run the table and end up at the Indy or Houston bowl. I think that Tech fans would be there in packs for one of those two bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by #1techfan
    I think it would be AWESOME for Tech if we do run the table and end up at the Indy or Houston bowl. I think that Tech fans would be there in packs for one of those two bowls.
    GMAC bowl would be awesome too.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

I am hoping we will finish 8 - 2, but beating Fresno @ Fresno is no small feat. Realistically, i am thinking 7 - 3. Many are saying that we may sniff the Top 25, although i would love to see us there, i do not see that happening. Getting into the Top 25 will be very difficult, because if you go to CBS Sportsline (http://cbssportsline.com) and look under polls at the top 119...we are still 101 even after pummling of Hawaii who was above us and is now one spot below us, PLUS for us to move up 70+ spots is very rare. the fact remains is that we do not get any love, as we are treated as "the evil step-child" in Louisiana college athletics.

-----> LSU.

JFord

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I dont think we would be in the top 25 if we ran the table, but if we run the table and win our bowl game, we would get some votes. You only have to be in the to 50 to get a vote near about. If we beat Boise and Fresno and won a bowl game, then we would definitely be in the top 50. A lot of ifs ands and buts though. I am just giong to take it one at a time. I know we are much better than 101, I just hope we prove it on the field. I believe we definitely will.

+ Reply to Thread