+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deuce McAllister out for season

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Deuce McAllister out for season

Saints lose running back McAllister for year

By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com
    Archive

Already beset by a natural disaster, the reeling New Orleans Saints have now suffered a physical one as well, with a Monday morning MRI exam revealing that star running back Deuce McAllister has a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, an injury that will sideline the five-year veteran for the rest of the season.
    A team spokesman confirmed the injury and coach Jim Haslett will announce it at his Monday afternoon news conference.
    McAllister, the workhorse of the Saints offense and once again cast as the centerpiece of what Haslett had hoped would be the return to a power running game in 2005, will seek a second opinion. But the matter appears academic and the Saints will finish what already has been a dismal season without the veteran who is arguably their best offensive player.
    The injury occurred in the third quarter of Sunday's loss at Green Bay when McAllister caught a screen pass and his right foot seemed to catch in the turf at Lambeau Field. An on-field examination by team physicians originally indicated that McAllister suffered an injury to the posterior cruciate ligament. Further scrutiny of the knee following the 52-3 defeat raised alarms the damage was actually to the anterior cruciate ligament, and that it was more severe.
    After the game, McAllister insisted he was "all right" and suggested that he would be able to play in next Sunday's game against Atlanta at the Alamodome. McAllister had carried 11 times for 31 yards at the time of the injury.
    Deuce McAllisterRunning Back
    New Orleans Saints

Profile2005 SEASON STATISTICSRushYdsTDRecYdsTD933353171170
    The Monday MRI exam confirmed the team's worst fears. It is not yet known when the second opinion will take place or when McAllister will undergo surgery. Typically in such cases, teams will wait until the swelling in the joint subsides before they will have a player undergo surgery.
    A first-round pick in the 2001 draft, and the 23rd overall selection that year, McAllister has missed only three games in his career. The former University of Mississippi star, who is widely regarded as one of the NFL's premier tailbacks, has rushed for 4,529 yards and 34 touchdowns on 1,054 carries. That includes 93 carries for 335 yards in 2005.
    McAllister, 26, entered this season with three straight 1,000-yard campaigns, including a career-best 1,641 yards in 2003. He also has 182 catches for 1,379 yards and four scores.
    Haslett vowed this spring, after a 2004 season in which the New Orleans offense seemed to deviate from his blueprint for it, to return to a more physical attack, with McAllister as the primary catalyst. With their top back gone now, the Saints likely will split time at the tailback spot between Antowain Smith and Aaron Stecker. The Saints, already displaced by Hurricane Katrina, and now temporarily based in San Antonio, are 2-3.
    At the outset of training camp, the club signed McAllister to a pricey seven-year contract extension. The extension, which created an eight-year contract in total, is worth $50.1 million and includes $12.5 million in signing and roster bonuses.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Re: Deuce McAllister out for season

What a year for the saints.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

what a year .... i'm still trying to recover from yesterday.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

There goes one of my RB's on my fantasy team!!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG
    I had him in two leagues...I picked up Mwelde(sp) Moore in both of them.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG
    DITTO! I am bummed for Duece and the Saints as well as my poor team.:bigcry:

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this sucks. I don't know what to expect right now, given the extreme inconsistency we've had. I'll still be at all the games in BR. Come on, Saints! Just win, baby!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    On a bright note, we'll probably have the first shot at Matt Leinert.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    On a bright note, we'll probably have the first shot at Matt Leinert.
    One can only hope to get rid of Brooks. I have him as a second active qb in my league and he usually rebounds after he sucks like he did vs GB.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog
    One can only hope to get rid of Brooks. I have him as a second active qb in my league and he usually rebounds after he sucks like he did vs GB.
    I cut AA-Ron last night. Without Deuce, he's a sitting duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    I cut AA-Ron last night. Without Deuce, he's a sitting duck.
    Yeah, I picked up Trent Green.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Yeah, I picked up Trent Green.
    I picked up Rothlisburger. :bigcry:

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    Been a pretty tough last four decades too.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Johnny, I thought the same thing! Put Brooks out there as trade bait and pick up Leinhert. But you know the Saints. They'll go 6-10,7-9, or 8-8, get the 16th pick and draft a D-lineman!

+ Reply to Thread