+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Farrakhan is at it again...

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Re: Farrakhan is at it again...

The following is Rush Limbaugh's paragraph pulled from the Wall Street Journal Opinion page. Those Ideals sound good and all, but it sure ain't the way these republicans are acting in any shape or form.

"I love being a conservative. We conservatives are proud of our philosophy. Unlike our liberal friends, who are constantly looking for new words to conceal their true beliefs and are in a perpetual state of reinvention, we conservatives are unapologetic about our ideals. We are confident in our principles and energetic about openly advancing them. We believe in individual liberty, limited government, capitalism, the rule of law, faith, a color-blind society and national security. We support school choice, enterprise zones, tax cuts, welfare reform, faith-based initiatives, political speech, homeowner rights and the war on terrorism. And at our core we embrace and celebrate the most magnificent governing document ever ratified by any nation--the U.S. Constitution. Along with the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes our God-given natural right to be free, it is the foundation on which our government is built and has enabled us to flourish as a people."

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    The following is Rush Limbaugh's paragraph pulled from the Wall Street Journal Opinion page. Those Ideals sound good and all, but it sure ain't the way these republicans are acting in any shape or form.

"I love being a conservative. We conservatives are proud of our philosophy. Unlike our liberal friends, who are constantly looking for new words to conceal their true beliefs and are in a perpetual state of reinvention, we conservatives are unapologetic about our ideals. We are confident in our principles and energetic about openly advancing them. We believe in individual liberty, limited government, capitalism, the rule of law, faith, a color-blind society and national security. We support school choice, enterprise zones, tax cuts, welfare reform, faith-based initiatives, political speech, homeowner rights and the war on terrorism. And at our core we embrace and celebrate the most magnificent governing document ever ratified by any nation--the U.S. Constitution. Along with the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes our God-given natural right to be free, it is the foundation on which our government is built and has enabled us to flourish as a people."
    i dont listen to rush because he's always looking for something to dog liberals about, but that is a great paragraph. the problem with republicans is that they are still politicians, and they have a wide base to appease. to do so, they spend money on token projects and their own pet causes. this all adds up and we all (those of us who work for a living, anyway) have to pay for it.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Barry Goldwater was a leftie compared to some on this board. I am a bonafide Reagan Republican...so much so that I am not sending any $ to either the Texas or National Republicans right now...they aren't acting like Republicans.
    leftie?!?! he was a pinko commie tree-hugger!!

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Thank you Cartek, DB, dhuss and Arkansas!! Glad to see other conservatives unhappy with the Rebublican's. I used to call myself a Republican, but no more. After NAFTA, SAFTA, Iraq etc, etc, etc, I am wondering WHO our politicians (both Dem and Repub) are representing. It sure aint the USA.
    Go Tech!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg
    Thank you Cartek, DB, dhuss and Arkansas!! Glad to see other conservatives unhappy with the Rebublican's. I used to call myself a Republican, but no more. After NAFTA, SAFTA, Iraq etc, etc, etc, I am wondering WHO our politicians (both Dem and Repub) are representing. It sure aint the USA.
    This last supreme court nominee has pushed me over the edge. "Pleased" is not a word I would use when describing my current feelings about the president I helped put in office.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I have no problem with Harriet Miers. I would have preferred Janice Rodgers Brown, but I suspect she will be the next nominee because he will get one more.

Harriet is more conservative than the media wants you to think she is.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

It's not about her...it's kind of like Ann Coulter says...it's the fact that we have to wonder. I'm disappointed.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

That paragraph reflects many of my beliefs as well. I was a regiistered Republican for most of my adult life. Unfortunately, the party got taken over by the religious right and has become a party of intolerance and hate. So now, as a Democrat I find myself constantly trying to reconcile where I fit in politically. It helps that I don't necessarily vote the party line. I have met Al Sharpton a couple of times in New York and he comes across as a fairly sincere person. Can't say that about Farrakhan. He is a man truly full of hate for white people. I think Jackson comes from a perspective that is difficult for white people to undestand. Nothing is absolute or universal in any of this, but It appears that Black America has lost its way in regard to accountability. At this point I think they are in a self destructive cycle that just repeats itself generation after generation. I have thought about this a lot and can honestly say I see no way out for them from this. It does not bode well for the future, for them or for the rest of society.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    This last supreme court nominee has pushed me over the edge. "Pleased" is not a word I would use when describing my current feelings about the president I helped put in office.
    I was disappointed by the latest choice of nominees as well although I believe that President Bush is intensely loyal and truly believes she is his kind of nominee. No matter, I'd still rather President Bush making the choice than Senator Kerry - that sort of helps with perspective when I get too disappointed.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG
    That paragraph reflects many of my beliefs as well. I was a regiistered Republican for most of my adult life. Unfortunately, the party got taken over by the religious right and has become a party of intolerance and hate. So now, as a Democrat I find myself constantly trying to reconcile where I fit in politically. It helps that I don't necessarily vote the party line. I have met Al Sharpton a couple of times in New York and he comes across as a fairly sincere person. Can't say that about Farrakhan. He is a man truly full of hate for white people. I think Jackson comes from a perspective that is difficult for white people to undestand. Nothing is absolute or universal in any of this, but It appears that Black America has lost its way in regard to accountability. At this point I think they are in a self destructive cycle that just repeats itself generation after generation. I have thought about this a lot and can honestly say I see no way out for them from this. It does not bode well for the future, for them or for the rest of society.
    I think that Sharpton might be sincere, but he is just an idiot is the problem. Jesse is a blackmailing piece of garbage that wants black people to feel oppressed so he can keep lining his pockets. Farrakhan is definitely nothing but a hate mongerer. I wouldnt say the religious right is full of hate and intolerance, I think you have been listening to Bill Maher or something. If you were down in LA, you saw how the "religious right" stepped up after the hurricane to help those in need, no matter what class, party affiliation, or color. I think you might be being a little hasty with that judgement of the party. I do find myself finding it hard to associate with a party, although I am still much more Republican than Democrat. I think my problem is is that I dislike most politicians, matter of fact I dont like how politics is ran. It is the way it is, I know, but the system is set up to fail. Humans and politicians are selfish, politicians will never make the tough decisions because it will hurt them in the polls. Well, maybe that is the people's fault, I am not sure. It is a vicious game to say the least. I could never be involved in politics, I would have to sacrifice my morals to do so.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I have no problem with Harriet Miers. I would have preferred Janice Rodgers Brown, but I suspect she will be the next nominee because he will get one more.

I agree -

Coulter is way off base on her judgement of Miers -

I see alot of similarities with Reinquist and Miers and we ALL know how Reinquist's tenure turned out -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Sincere is hardly the word I would use to describe Al Sharpton. He was the architect of the Twana Brawley incident in NYC back in the late 80's. For those that are too young to know about Brawley, she claimed she was raped by 3 white teens and then smeared with dog feces. Al was the guy that broke the story...only problem was that it was a total fabrication by Al and Twana.

People forget where Al started...and it is just about where he still is. He's black trash just like Farrakhan and Jackson...black trash that really cares nothing about anyone but himself.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I remember the Tawana Brawley case because it was happening in a major way when I first moved to New York. I actually thought about that before I made the comment about him seeming sincere. I guess in the years since Brawley I have come to see him differently. Yes he is a vocal leader and sometimes says things that I don't like hearing. But, that doesn't mean he is wrong. I have seen him act very responsibly on issues that occured in New York. I certainly can not place him in the same category as Farrakhan. I think we have to make an effort to try and understand things that are put forth by the Black leaders, even when they make us angry. Not saying here that everything put forth is valid, but much is.

I remember the Tawana Brawley case because it was happening in a major way when I first moved to New York. I actually thought about that before I made the comment about him seeming sincere. I guess in the years since Brawley I have come to see him differently. Yes he is a vocal leader and sometimes says things that I don't like hearing. But, that doesn't mean he is wrong. I have seen him act very responsibly on issues that occured in New York. I certainly can not place him in the same category as Farrakhan. I think we have to make an effort to try and understand things that are put forth by the Black leaders, even when they make us angry. Not saying here that everything put forth is valid, but much is.
    HORSE HOCKEY!

We are all Americans and the sooner ALL of us recognize and embrance that the sooner we'll get past the racism from the left!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

perhaps you could give an example of when that idiot was sincere or even close to right.

+ Reply to Thread