+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warning Part 3 and Wilma..

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Re: Global Warning Part 3 and Wilma..

Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    It must be the fault of caucasian, working, tax-paying, voting, male citizens (and, of course, George W. Bush).
    Didn't you get that memo?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    Say what? Of course it does.
    you can't argue logically with someone who uses no reason.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    you can't argue logically with someone who uses no reason.
    Your statement was so absurd that there is no point in reasoning. If you honestly believe that humans are not responisble for record warmth of air and ocean temps, I dont have any need to debate with you.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Arkansasbob's hot air is warming the globe.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I'm telling you, the liberals are not happy unless they are miserable. Think about the issues they make up. They manufacture this crap to give us something to worry about that is outside of our realm of influence. Then they say the government has the only answer, and since conservatives don't worry about such drivel, the liberals are the only ones who can save the day. Translate: They want more regulation: Translate: They want more loss of freedom.

"Global warming is a dawdle." I think heard that on Monty Python. Regardless, our liberal fellow Bulldawg fans, you are getting very boring with your scare tactics. Go sell it on Moveon.org where people like to worry together. As for me, give me liberty (freedom to choose), or give me death.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

this is the most rediculous discussion i have ever seen. you can't use the effect to prove the cause. you haven't even done anything to link the two. basically, your satement is:

"the world is getting hotter -- that proves that manmade greenhouse gases are making the world hotter."

if you can't see the logical fallacy in that, then there is no point in debating. i'm through with this thread until some reason is injected.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

What happens when we "unsubscribe" from a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    this is the most rediculous discussion i have ever seen.
    Arkansasbob, are you from Arkansas? If you are, then when you were in high school, you must have had a "discussion" about professional wrestling and whether it was real. If you did, you know that "discussing" this with people who believe it is real gets nowhere. No amount of logic will move(on.org) the person to a reasonable conclusion.

The same goes here. Logic has nothing to do with this "discussion." Don't expect it. The Chicken Littles want us to worry, and you can't convence them the sky is not falling. I remember when we were all going to die from AIDS even if we were monogomous heterosexuals. I remember the new ice age. I remember the Russians were going to nuke us if we confonted them about the iron curtain. I remember when it was said all of the nuclear plants were going to blow a hole to China. Now it is global warming and the bird flu.

The liberals love to worry, and will always give us something to worry about.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    I'm telling you, the liberals are not happy unless they are miserable. Think about the issues they make up. They manufacture this crap to give us something to worry about that is outside of our realm of influence. Then they say the government has the only answer, and since conservatives don't worry about such drivel, the liberals are the only ones who can save the day. Translate: They want more regulation: Translate: They want more loss of freedom.

"Global warming is a dawdle." I think heard that on Monty Python. Regardless, our liberal fellow Bulldawg fans, you are getting very boring with your scare tactics. Go sell it on Moveon.org where people like to worry together. As for me, give me liberty (freedom to choose), or give me death.
    Sooner, I really don't think this is a liberal/conservative issue, nor is it some kind of scare tatic. I don't think anything or any proof will ever convince you otherwise, but I will give you a parting thought on this subject since I have banned myself from these discussions:

You know how the old saying goes about how when you take the easy road, you always pay for taking that path somewhere down the road in life. That plays true in every aspect in life and so it does with our environment as well. If conservatism and it's mouthpieces have blinded you to the fact that our consumable throw away society hasn't left a damaging mark on our Globe, then I truly feel sorry for your gullibility and the future of your off spring.

Arkansasbob, are you from Arkansas? If you are, then when you were in high school, you must have had a "discussion" about professional wrestling and whether it was real. If you did, you know that "discussing" this with people who believe it is real gets nowhere. No amount of logic will move(on.org) the person to a reasonable conclusion.

The same goes here. Logic has nothing to do with this "discussion." Don't expect it. The Chicken Littles want us to worry, and you can't convence them the sky is not falling. I remember when we were all going to die from AIDS even if we were monogomous heterosexuals. I remember the new ice age. I remember the Russians were going to nuke us if we confonted them about the iron curtain. I remember when it was said all of the nuclear plants were going to blow a hole to China. Now it is global warming and the bird flu.

the wrestling example is a perfect analogy -- only this "debate" has much riding on it.

Your President is scared to death of the Bird flu.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

Reality is too much for you to handle so you would rather go through life with a defeatist attitude. AGW has nothing to do with politics and yet you always connect the two. Why? Because you substitute emotion for reason, slogan instead of substance, wishful thinking to replace critical analysis.

Glad to see you get your pointers from Monty Python. Have them taken a position on stem-cell research yet?

There is a difference between conservation and fantasy. We need to be wise with our natural resources. That is another liberal tactic to say that because I don't believe professional wrestling, I mean global warming, is real, does not mean I don't care for the environment. Just because I believe that all able bodied people should be working, does not mean I don't believe in charity. Just because I don't like the crime rate in minority neighborhoods does not mean I don't like minorities. That liberal attack doesn't sway me one bit.

I'm truly am sorry that you blame the US first for everything that happens, including a temporary rise in temperature of the earth for a short cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Ignorance is bliss, eh?

Reality is too much for you to handle so you would rather go through life with a defeatist attitude. AGW has nothing to do with politics and yet you always connect the two. Why? Because you substitute emotion for reason, slogan instead of substance, wishful thinking to replace critical analysis.

Glad to see you get your pointers from Monty Python. Have them taken a position on stem-cell research yet?
    Emotion. Hah. I am about as unemotional concerning your drivle about global warming as I am about the belt for professional wrestling.

I have read all of the crap you and your fellow scare mongers have posted, and it is pure unsubstantiated drivel. The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Some day, you may come up with something for us to be scared about, but you will have cried wolf one to many times.

There is a difference between conservation and fantasy. We need to be wise with our natural resources. That is another liberal tactic to say that because I don't believe professional wrestling, I mean global warming, is real, does not mean I don't care for the environment. Just because I believe that all able bodied people should be working, does not mean I don't believe in charity. Just because I don't like the crime rate in minority neighborhoods does not mean I don't like minorities. That liberal attack doesn't sway me one bit.

I'm truly am sorry that you blame the US first for everything that happens, including a temporary rise in temperature of the earth for a short cycle.
    I really do hope it is a short cycle. What do you consider a short cycle?

+ Reply to Thread