+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warning Part 3 and Wilma..

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Global Warning Part 3 and Wilma..

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    I really do hope it is a short cycle. What do you consider a short cycle?
    I guess it depends on what your frame of reference is concerning time. Looking at the charts Salty or one of the other global warming worriers put me on to in another thread on this silly topic, there certainly appeared to be a perfect sine wave going. My memory was that a half phase covered three or four decades. It certainly didn't do anything to cause any alarm on behalf of myself or my progeny.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Sooner, Here is someone you can listen to. Of course, I could offer a dissenting opinion after only reading a few chapters of "The Great Influenza", but I am sure you would rather hear her side:

Spain's agriculture minister dismissed fears bird flu sparking a global epidemic among humans as "science fiction", saying the virus currently only poses a threat to birds.
    "The idea of a pandemic among humans is something from science fiction," Spanish Agricultural Minister Elena Espinosa said on the private radio station Cadena Ser, as Europe braced for the further spread of the H5N1 strain of the bird flu, which has killed 60 people in Asia during the past three years.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    temporary rise in temperature of the earth for a short cycle.
    You have got to be kidding.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Don't worry, It just kills birds.

BEIJING -- Some 2,600 birds have been found dead of bird flu in northern China's grasslands, the government said Wednesday, amid reports of new outbreaks in Europe and Russia.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    but I am sure you would rather hear her side:
    Thank you for that post. I had not read that previously.

As to this part of your post. Please do not confuse me with someone who does not want to hear both sides. I do, and I did read the things you guys posted.

It is just my observation that these types of catastrophic claims are so outside our circle of influence that I refuse to worry about them. I'm going to instead focus on my mortgage, electric bill and education of my children.

The most I can do is pray about global warming. Is that a fair compromise as long as I don't do it inside of a public building?

One thing to note about this flu is in 1918, it was not as deadly when it started as this one has been. In 1918, it started weak and grew in ferocity.

No need to live in fear, but prepare for it just in case.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

This whole deal about global warming is not about terrible consequences in 2005, but about terrible consequences in 2060 or 2110. We should have been doing more about AGW in 1980 but we didn't because it was so remote. 25 years later, the threat is more real. What we are doing is conducting a huge science experiment with the planet Earth, and nobody really knows how it will turn out. If in 2020 the gulf stream suddenly takes a new direction the climate consequences will be huge. Take a look at how much of Greenland ice caps melt and thaw and re-freeze as compared to 20 years ago. It's spooky.

Anyway, I'm done with Global Warming............................at least for today.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    Anyway, I'm done with Global Warming............................at least for today.
    Good.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Sooner -

I'm disappointed that you are not a fan of pro rasslin -

I mean REAL pro-wrestlin' - The VonErik's, Iron Shiek, Sargent Slaughter, Ted Debiase, Junk Yard Dog aka Stagger Lee - etc, etc, etc....

Back when rasslin was real - and the circuit was Mid-South Coliseum, Rapides Parish Coliseum, Municipal Auditorium - etc, etc, etc
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Superfly Jimmy Snuka(sp.)
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

One my favorites -

DUSTY RHODES

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

There is a better chance that Pro Wrestling is real than there is that GW is NOT caused by humans.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Few weeks ago I was on the same flight as some wrestlers. The only ones that I recognized were Rick "The Nature Boy" Flair, Aron? "Double A" Anderson (I thought he retired ages ago), and that real big guy (I think they now call him the big show, he may have been now as the giant in WCW).

I was just amazed to see Double A, how could you not like the 4-horsemen.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    There is a better chance that Pro Wrestling is real than there is that GW is NOT caused by humans.
    i tried to stay away, but i just had to come back on this. you keep making statements like this, ridiculing everyone that disagrees with you, but you have yet to provide an ounce of scientific evidence. at least salty has tried to participate in the debate, but you just want people to believe you because you say so. what is it that has you so convinced? whatever it is, if it makes you so certain, then it would probably be useful in a reasoned debate.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg
    Few weeks ago I was on the same flight as some wrestlers. The only ones that I recognized were Rick "The Nature Boy" Flair, Aron? "Double A" Anderson (I thought he retired ages ago), and that real big guy (I think they now call him the big show, he may have been now as the giant in WCW).

I was just amazed to see Double A, how could you not like the 4-horsemen.
    I ran into Sting and RickySteamboat and the Road Warriors in Monroe airport in the late 80's - one of THE most interesting 40 minutes I've ever spent in an airport -

I want to say Ivan Koloff was with them also -

+ Reply to Thread