+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Benson, the sorriest SOB on the planet

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Benson, the sorriest SOB on the planet

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt432
    razor dude why waste time posting up on here these guys dont listen, they were not in NO for the cane. Its no fun man. yes N.O. deserves a team, they have supported this team very well and been very loyal to it and benson does make money here. I dont think he will make as much as SA, but who cares let him go. lets just get a new team that needs to be the focus.
    Well, I live in Baton Rouge and if New Orleans did such a great job of selling out games why have I not been able watch them on TV for home games? Guess they were all just sold out after the deadline - how silly of me to even wonder. At some point reality is going to hit everyone - citizens have very little in common with these pro athletes (and owners) that want the locale to pay for a team in taxes (not tickets). I don't want the Saints to get money just handed to them out of my Stelly Plan escalated taxes.

Last weekend I sat next to a Jack Daniels sales rep from Minnesota on an airplane. He was going on and on about the current problems with their own NFL team and their humiliating behavior in the midst of asking for the citizens to build them a new stadium. People get FED UP! Think that's where we are here.....and looks like that may be a growing trend - we may just do ours without an NFL team. Happy trails to Benson and the Saints (or whatever their new name is).

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    The Saints are going to play 4 "home" games in Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge. The Saints have taken lessons from Tech's athletic administration and not spent anything on advertising and marketing the game here. Apparently, they don't want these games to do well so they can be "forced" to move out of state.

I'd be most happy for the Saints to leave. Under the same circumstances witha team that EVER gave the appearance of caring if they won, I would probably feel a lot differently. I've not cared about the Saints for a few years because they're so good at mediocrity - continuously!
    I KNEW I'd get red dotted for my marketing reference to Tech's marketing plan. It sure didn't take long for me to be proven right!

Bulldog Tech96 is an unknown Tech96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    seriously, who would they move to N.O.?

i always hear talk of san diego and arizona moving to l.a.

maybe l.a. can have one of them and n.o. can get the other?
    N.O. will not get another team if the Saints leave. I don't see it happening.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    I KNEW I'd get red dotted for my marketing reference to Tech's marketing plan. It sure didn't take long for me to be proven right!
    Was the red dotter brave enough to leave their name?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If someone offered to give you $500,000,0000 every 5 to 8 years for a payout of $187,000,000 over a ten year period would you take it?

Without the SAINTS there is no SUPERBOWL and quite possibly NO FINAL FOURS -

Both of those events have a $300,000,000 to $500,000,000 DIRECT impact on the New Orleans economy -

Pretty decent trade off in my book -

Think with your heads people - not your hearts -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    If someone offered to give you $500,000,0000 every 5 to 8 years for a payout of $187,000,000 over a ten year period would you take it?

Both of those events have a $300,000,000 to $500,000,000 DIRECT impact on the New Orleans economy -

Pretty decent trade off in my book -

Think with your heads people - not your hearts -
    Thanks for some numbers Dwayne. I wasnt sure on the numbers, but there are tons of factors you ahve to think about. The state gets in on Saints sales, they get new money into our economy through travelling fans. We were paying Benson not to leave because he knew it made sense, and even our state officials knew it made sense.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I don't believe that, Dwayne. I think the draw is the city of New Orleans. How many cities have professional sports teams but don't host Superbowls or final fours? I think as long as New Orleans is the New Orleans people want to visit and they have the facilities to host these things, then these events will continue to be held there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if New Orleans isn't awarded some of these events because of Katrina and the pity factor. After all, it's not Saints' season ticket holders that buy the Superbowl tickets or final four tickets. These people, when they come to New Orleans to support their teams or just to see the games, I'd be willing to bet the New Orleans Saints are the last thing on their minds. They're more interested in Bourbon Street and the French Quarter which was there before and will be there after the Saints.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I don't believe that, Dwayne. I think the draw is the city of New Orleans. How many cities have professional sports teams but don't host Superbowls or final fours? I think as long as New Orleans is the New Orleans people want to visit and they have the facilities to host these things, then these events will continue to be held there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if New Orleans isn't awarded some of these events because of Katrina and the pity factor. After all, it's not Saints' season ticket holders that buy the Superbowl tickets or final four tickets. These people, when they come to New Orleans to support their teams or just to see the games, I'd be willing to bet the New Orleans Saints are the last thing on their minds. They're more interested in Bourbon Street and the French Quarter which was there before and will be there after the Saints.
    I am not sure, but I dont think NO could host a SB if the Saints werent there, but we would still be able to host everything else. I am talking about people coming to see visiting teams play. I went to the Bucs game last year, wow there were tons of people from Florida there. Not to mention, the team has to stay with all of their personnel. Also, the NFL has such a good profit-sharing agreement that all teams are very profitable. How much of that is dumped back into the city is the question. I know Benson has many businesses in NO (good thing), but I dont see him giving a ton of money to help the city outside of something that will line his pockets. The owner has been the problem over the last couple of decades, not the Saints.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I don't believe that, Dwayne. I think the draw is the city of New Orleans. How many cities have professional sports teams but don't host Superbowls or final fours?
    The question is how many host them that don't?

The state is not going to spend the money to keep the Superdome as a good facility for ONLY Tulane -

Those in the know - say NO Saints - NO Superbowl and probably NO Final Fours - just telling you what people with SMG and CBS/ABC Sports are saying -

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Those in the know - say NO Saints - NO Superbowl...
    Some ESPN personality said that NO is Paul T.'s favorite place to have the Superbowl. That should help us out some...right?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    Some ESPN personality said that NO is Paul T.'s favorite place to have the Superbowl. That should help us out some...right?
    Should - but the OWNERS vote on who gets to host -

If it were up to the league office, writers and the TV people they would probably alternate it between NO, Miami and San Diego every three years -

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

The question is how many host them that don't?
    The question then is how many of those that don't have the appeal of New Orleans?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    As sad as it is, it is business. Benson is in it to make money. In one way, you can't blame him, b/c emotions should not be involved in business decisions.
    Exactly. I told everybody 4 weeks ago (right after Katrina) that this COULD happen. It just makes allot of BUSINESS sense. I also said that if Benson DID move his franchise to SA, the NFL would likely give NO another franchise --and call them the Saints-- at a later date, kinda like the Cleveland Browns scenario.

Don't panic. New Orleans will eventually get the Saints back.....you just may not get Benson with them. (And I suspect that's okay with most folks in Louisiana!)

HD

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Exactly. I told everybody 4 weeks ago (right after Katrina) that this COULD happen. It just makes allot of BUSINESS sense. I also said that if Benson DID move his franchise to SA, the NFL would likely give NO another franchise --and call them the Saints-- at a later date, kinda like the Cleveland Browns scenario.

Don't panic. New Orleans will eventually get the Saints back.....you just may not get Benson with them. (And I suspect that's okay with most folks in Louisiana!)

HD
    That would be preferrable for me. Benson has never tried to win. Why would anyone waste money supporting them when the owner doesn't try to win

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

New Orleans will never see another NFL game.

+ Reply to Thread