+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nice comments about Joe Aillet Stadium......

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Re: Nice comments about Joe Aillet Stadium......

We rarely play on a grass field anymore when we go on the road or in Shreveport. Need to practice on one more often as well.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Doc & Dwayne,

Both great comments and Doc, we can agree to disagree on a couple of points. I really like your idea about the entrance in the north endzone added to our Walk of Fame or 'letterman's bricks'..... It makes it easy for the tailgater's to come and go during the game, as long as they allow for 'pass-outs' (and I am not talking about tailgaters' who drink too much during those little trips)......

The Jumbotron running commericials is a neccesary evil. I know you don't want to see a car commercial or a cell phone ad, but when we have that extra cash to spend on coaches, recruiting, etc...... we can endure. I remember at A&M the BP commerical that ran and ran and ran...... Instead of thinking about buying some gasoline, I was excited about how much revenue the Aggies must have been recieving.....

I didn't particpate in the band, but I understand someone who did and their interest in making sure the band is taken care of. Believe me I am not trying to diminish anything they do, but 50 yard line seats are 50 yard line seats! We should be able to get a premium for them or at least make it as unpleasant for the visitors as possible. Again, just an opinion.

As far as Dwayne's comments about the scoreboards, he said it all. I have been to 6 high school stadium's this year and although they don't have a Jumbotron (although some high schools in Texas do) everyone of their scoreboards, everyone...... looked and performed better than our at a D-1 school! It is embarressing and frankly I am tired of it. We are possibly the very last of the D-1 schools that do not have a video scoreboard. I do not know how to research that, but I bet that is not far from the truth.

enough ranting,

DFiH

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    Doc & Dwayne,

Both great comments and Doc, we can agree to disagree on a couple of points. I really like your idea about the entrance in the north endzone added to our Walk of Fame or 'letterman's bricks'..... It makes it easy for the tailgater's to come and go during the game, as long as they allow for 'pass-outs' (and I am not talking about tailgaters' who drink too much during those little trips)......

The Jumbotron running commericials is a neccesary evil. I know you don't want to see a car commercial or a cell phone ad, but when we have that extra cash to spend on coaches, recruiting, etc...... we can endure. I remember at A&M the BP commerical that ran and ran and ran...... Instead of thinking about buying some gasoline, I was excited about how much revenue the Aggies must have been recieving.....

I didn't particpate in the band, but I understand someone who did and their interest in making sure the band is taken care of. Believe me I am not trying to diminish anything they do, but 50 yard line seats are 50 yard line seats! We should be able to get a premium for them or at least make it as unpleasant for the visitors as possible. Again, just an opinion.

As far as Dwayne's comments about the scoreboards, he said it all. I have been to 6 high school stadium's this year and although they don't have a Jumbotron (although some high schools in Texas do) everyone of their scoreboards, everyone...... looked and performed better than our at a D-1 school! It is embarressing and frankly I am tired of it. We are possibly the very last of the D-1 schools that do not have a video scoreboard. I do not know how to research that, but I bet that is not far from the truth.

enough ranting,

DFiH
    Meanwhile Jim Oakes is oblivious. He is a dumb ass!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The 25-second clocks at West Monroe did not work during the first half a couple of weeks ago. Why, those clocks are less than three years old. I think it's important that we keep all the scoreboards and game apparati operating at our local "universities" .

Paraphrasing the words of our immortal Aub: Just win, baby!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Meanwhile Jim Oakes is oblivious.
    Well it is not like he hasn't been told that! You get tired of telling and telling and hearing reason why they can't do things. For once I would be excited about 'how we can do something'! Just Once!

Watch how we will spend money to rent a video scoreboard for the Boise game....... money we will never get back!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    Watch how we will spend money to rent a video scoreboard for the Boise game....... money we will never get back!
    I think that is pointless and fiscally irresponsible -

Wouldn't that money be better spent getting 500 or 1,000 more people through the gates with promos and ads?

Or insuring the 15,000 or so you have in attendance have a good time and WANT to come back - say a T-shirt give away?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

Wouldn't that money be better spent getting 500 or 1,000 more people through the gates with promos and ads?

Or insuring the 15,000 or so you have in attendance have a good time and WANT to come back - say a T-shirt give away?
    Sweatshirt giveaway . . . . go big-time!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Nice Idea.. and you would say this about the last game of the year! How about one of those field goal kick contests with the Chick-Fil-A cow in attendence?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Nice Idea.. and you would say this about the last game of the year! How about one of those field goal kick contests with the Chick-Fil-A cow in attendence?
    ....or how 'bout the Chick-Fil-A cow vs. the Raisin' Canes mascot?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

All I want is a Jumobtron. I just want to see replays every once in a while.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by detltu
    All I want is a Jumobtron. I just want to see replays every once in a while.
    I'm to the point that I will settle for NICE - scoreboards with a MODERN (working) message system -

I don't think that is asking too much...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

I am sure the state has more concerns, but what was ever decided about the money from student fees.

D,

I am not saying we are doing that, what I am saying is I bet you that they do it because of ESPN. But to further your point, yes by all means is it a waste, just like it was last year and the year before when they rented one. I would be willing to bet anything that we could have use those monies, put a down payment on a video scoreboard and have it most paid for with revenue generated by it by now. HD showed them how to finance it and then we showed them how to generate the revenue to pay for it from the commercials, signage, etc......... We weren't as smart as they are, you know!

DFiH

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    I miss one home game this year and all of a sudden The Joe is a great stadium. Ya'll are something else. Especially you, HD. You had to have an expert (someone from 30 miles or further away from Ruston) to tell you we have a nice facility to watch football. But I've always like our stadium. With continuing improvements and maintenance upgrades, it'll be even better.
    tm
    T-Mo, unless you live in West Monroe (like you), everybody knows JAS's worst critics come from within our own fan base, and of course, the small minded individuals associated with CUSA.

Having said that, my point is simple: With some relatively minor face lift work, the new turf (which we already own) and a new Jumbotron, JAS could be as nice as any 30K stadium in the country. The backdrop is great, the viewing lines to the field are good, there's plenty of parking, there's quick accessibility to an interstate highway (much easier than at many schools), and it already has an "intimate" feel, that many opposing teams envy. A $3 million "stadium renovation" drive would probably be enough to make JAS a well respected house for our Dawgs, nationwide.

I do think a new Jumbotron is a necessity rather than a "luxury" as someone stated, simply because a Jumbotron will be an excellent tool for driving new corporate advertising revenue. In the long run, a Jumbotron will pay for itself and give the fans, players and recruits a more meaningful "gameday" experience.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Having said that, my point is simple: With some relatively minor face lift work, the new turf (which we already own) and a new Jumbotron, JAS could be as nice as any 30K stadium in the country.HD
    Well-stated, HD.
    tm

+ Reply to Thread