+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 854

Thread: More persecution of Christians

  1. #811
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    48,445

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Nope.
    I told you, "And don't give me the "but the Crusades" bit because those sad and evil individuals (crusaders), many many centuries ago, knew nothing of Christ's teachings and followed nothing of Christ's teachings. Period!" They only sot revenge which is not taught by Christ and neither was the death they brought.

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    BS! there was nothing "evil" about the Crusaders. Where'd you get that propaganda from?
    The church and church leaders or the Pope or papal authority shouldn't have sanctioned the Crusaders nor approved of military tactics of the killings of muslim and Jews as well for which they did apologize.
    But still, Guisslapp using these 11th, 12th and 13th century actions as an excuse for today's muslim terrorism is insulting and insightful but typically PC for him.

  2. #812
    Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    3,335

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Why limit yourself to the New Testament. Last I checked, Christians believe both parts are the word of God.

    But Muslims should get the exact same pass as Christians do when it comes to “following the teachings”, as the majority of both groups contextualize verses to say that they don’t think she be applied in the modern context.
    OK, so now you have me confused.

    You were arguing for the end of religion, now you're arguing that Muslims should get a pass on their teachings. You seem to rush to the defense of the Muslims and attack Christianity at every opportunity. You must have Christianity Derangement Syndrome.

    I am not an expert on the teachings of Islam, although I have seen the results of what happens when it becomes a radical ideology. I don't know about you, but I would prefer to live in a country founded upon the principles of Christianity (especially post reformation Christianity), because those are the values that afford me the most freedoms and provide the framework for personal responsibility and achievement. You may prefer to live under Sharia Law which punishes you for not being a Muslim, or marrying a non-Muslim, or criticizing Islam, or denying Muhammad is the prophet, or objects to educating women and a bunch of other stuff, but I do not. I suspect you would quickly lose your mind in that kind of society (get it?).

    On the other side of that, where religion is eradicated the state takes over as the religion. Perhaps this is where you would be more comfortable, since we have established that you wouldn't last long in a Muslim country. These places are full of people who cannot have their own beliefs because they interfere with the official state line. Wonderful places, as long as your beliefs are the same as the ruling class. Dangerous if not.

    It is the very existence of Christianity that has made this country possible. Your freedoms are direct descendants of the teachings of Jesus. His teachings are as applicable today as they were over 2000 years ago. I say this not as a practicing, church-going Christian, but as someone that sees that this "religion" thing is what protects me from group think and despots.

  3. #813
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    22,526

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    I am putting Christians and Muslims in the same boat, as they deserve to be. The world we be better off if people stopped believing in all that nonsense. Religion has done more harm than good. It was religious persecution, not religion itself, that caused America to form itself as a liberal democracy - along with the philosophies of a few influential deist founding fathers (Jefferson/Madison and Paine).

  4. #814
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    30,691

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Nope.
    I told you, "And don't give me the "but the Crusades" bit because those sad and evil individuals (crusaders), many many centuries ago, knew nothing of Christ's teachings and followed nothing of Christ's teachings. Period!" They only sot revenge which is not taught by Christ and neither was the death they brought.



    The church and church leaders or the Pope or papal authority shouldn't have sanctioned the Crusaders nor approved of military tactics of the killings of muslim and Jews as well for which they did apologize.
    But still, Guisslapp using these 11th, 12th and 13th century actions as an excuse for today's muslim terrorism is insulting and insightful but typically PC for him.
    No. I have posted some summaries of the history of the expansion of islam on this forum. And those are a mere drop in the bucket.

    If you're gonna cite "turn the other cheek" than, that is fine for you, but the rest of us prefer to fight and defeat the evil islam farce.

  5. #815
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    48,445

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I am putting Christians and Muslims in the same boat, as they deserve to be. The world we be better off if people stopped believing in all that nonsense. Religion has done more harm than good. It was religious persecution, not religion itself, that caused America to form itself as a liberal democracy - along with the philosophies of a few influential deist founding fathers (Jefferson/Madison and Paine).
    Of course you do.
    You were raised better my man!

  6. #816
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    30,691

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Officials in Sri Lanka are certain the attacks were carried out by a local radical Islamic group, yet...they are having trouble assigning a motive.



    No one, except Goosey, could possibly be that stupid!

  7. #817
    Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,814

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And an example of appeasing the “barbarians”?
    Sadly, electing them to Congress.

  8. #818
    Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ruston
    Posts
    11,860

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No. I have posted some summaries of the history of the expansion of islam on this forum. And those are a mere drop in the bucket.

    If you're gonna cite "turn the other cheek" than, that is fine for you, but the rest of us prefer to fight and defeat the evil islam farce.
    Reference to physical harm is a gross misinterpretation of the text anyway. Turn the other cheek is to not return insult for insult. It has nothing to do with self defense or defense of country.

  9. #819
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    30,691

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    More Islamic terrorism against Christians over the weekend. In a place called Burkina Faso, western Africa, a priest and 6 parishioners were murdered Sunday, and 5 Christian teachers murdered last Friday. You won't hear about this on any of the lamestream media. Had it been the other way around, it would have been headline news and CNN would have a panel discussing the ramifications. And of course every Dem would be expressing their heartfelt condolences.

  10. #820
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    22,526

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    More Islamic terrorism against Christians over the weekend. In a place called Burkina Faso, western Africa, a priest and 6 parishioners were murdered Sunday, and 5 Christian teachers murdered last Friday. You won't hear about this on any of the lamestream media. Had it been the other way around, it would have been headline news and CNN would have a panel discussing the ramifications. And of course every Dem would be expressing their heartfelt condolences.
    I noticed that you didn’t post earlier to condemn the Christian right winger that shot up the synagogue in San Diego.

  11. #821
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    48,445

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I noticed that you didn’t post earlier to condemn the "Christian right winger" that shot up the synagogue in San Diego.
    THERE YOU GO AGAIN DESCRIBING A MURDERER AS "CHRISTIAN". This shows your lack of any spiritual or biblical knowledge. Believe it or not, and very sorry to say, but your attitudes and beliefs of Christians and Jews (throughout your postings on BB&B) fit right into biblical last days prophecy of the persecution of these two groups. You seem to have no qualms about the killing and persecution of Christians and Jews. You have picked "sides" in the final battle of humanity and it's souls per say; and are currently at least, on the wrong side for eternity

  12. #822
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    22,526

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    THERE YOU GO AGAIN DESCRIBING A MURDERER AS "CHRISTIAN". This shows your lack of any spiritual or biblical knowledge. Believe it or not, and very sorry to say, but your attitudes and beliefs of Christians and Jews (throughout your postings on BB&B) fit right into biblical last days prophecy of the persecution of these two groups. You seem to have no qualms about the killing and persecution of Christians and Jews. You have picked "sides" in the final battle of humanity and it's souls per say; and are currently at least, on the wrong side for eternity
    You think a Christian can’t murder someone?

  13. #823
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    22,526

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    THERE YOU GO AGAIN DESCRIBING A MURDERER AS "CHRISTIAN". This shows your lack of any spiritual or biblical knowledge. Believe it or not, and very sorry to say, but your attitudes and beliefs of Christians and Jews (throughout your postings on BB&B) fit right into biblical last days prophecy of the persecution of these two groups. You seem to have no qualms about the killing and persecution of Christians and Jews. You have picked "sides" in the final battle of humanity and it's souls per say; and are currently at least, on the wrong side for eternity
    And please tell me more about my attitudes and beliefs on Jews.

  14. #824
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    48,445

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I noticed that you didn’t post earlier to condemn the Christian right winger that shot up the synagogue in San Diego.
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    THERE YOU GO AGAIN DESCRIBING A MURDERER AS "CHRISTIAN". This shows your lack of any spiritual or biblical knowledge. Believe it or not, and very sorry to say, but your attitudes and beliefs of Christians and Jews (throughout your postings on BB&B) fit right into biblical last days prophecy of the persecution of these two groups. You seem to have no qualms about the killing and persecution of Christians and Jews. You have picked "sides" in the final battle of humanity and it's souls per say; and are currently at least, on the wrong side for eternity
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You think a Christian can’t murder someone?
    You answer first why you called this evil nut job in San Diego that converted to Islam a "Christian".


    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/u...i-warning.html

    18 hours ago - Lori Kaye was killed in the shooting at Chabad of Poway on Saturday. ... But the perpetrator of a mass shooting at a synagogue near San Diego on ... who had recently converted to Islam and wanted to exact vengeance for the ...

    An Army Veteran Planned Terror Attacks In California To Avenge New ...


    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/.../cal...istchurch-atta...
    21 hours ago - ... an Army infantryman who served in Afghanistan and converted to Islam, ... A Shooting At A Synagogue Near San Diego Left One Dead And ...

    U.S. Army veteran charged with plotting to bomb white nationalist rally ...


    https://www.reuters.com/.../us-army-...bomb-white-nat...
    21 hours ago - ... 26, a U.S. Army infantryman who recently converted to Islam, was taken ... days after a gunman opened fire in a San Diego-area synagogue, ...


  15. #825
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    22,526

    Re: More persecution of Christians

    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You answer first why you called this evil nut job in San Diego that converted to Islam a "Christian".


    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/u...i-warning.html

    18 hours ago - Lori Kaye was killed in the shooting at Chabad of Poway on Saturday. ... But the perpetrator of a mass shooting at a synagogue near San Diego on ... who had recently converted to Islam and wanted to exact vengeance for the ...

    An Army Veteran Planned Terror Attacks In California To Avenge New ...


    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/.../cal...istchurch-atta...
    21 hours ago - ... an Army infantryman who served in Afghanistan and converted to Islam, ... A Shooting At A Synagogue Near San Diego Left One Dead And ...

    U.S. Army veteran charged with plotting to bomb white nationalist rally ...


    https://www.reuters.com/.../us-army-...bomb-white-nat...
    21 hours ago - ... 26, a U.S. Army infantryman who recently converted to Islam, was taken ... days after a gunman opened fire in a San Diego-area synagogue, ...

    You are confusing the ex military guy that was caught plotting an attack with the Christian (John Earnest) that actually carried out the shooting at the synagogue.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts