+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: More persecution of Christians

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: More persecution of Christians

If Christians local to these cities don't use this against these politicians in this time of hard economic times, they are dropping the ball. Trying to disallow businesses to open thereby running job opportunities away is against the mission of these local politicians. They're main priority should be trying to get businesses to their communities.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Atheists get the same punishment as Christians in these Islamic countries. At least Christians have legal rights in Iran, Indonesia, and Egypt - not so for atheists. However bad you think Christians get persecuted, atheists get it worse. They are just a group that is smaller in number.
    Feel free to start a thread called
    "More persecution of Atheist"

because in all honesty my heart breaks for your kind a lot. You guys definitely need the support of Christians everywhere!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Feel free to start a thread called
    "More persecution of Atheist"

because in all honesty my heart breaks for your kind a lot. You guys definitely need the support of Christians everywhere!
    Yet Christians continue to persecute them. And gays, but at least gays are not legally precluded by Christians from holding public office in states although Christians often campaign agaisnt them.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I think you all are missing Tyler's point. I don't take it that he's saying individuals and even interest groups shouldn't protest a business or organization if they don't agree with their beliefs. His point is that most of the media are attacking Chick-Fil-A and other Christian based business and organizations because of their Christian beliefs, but don't attack non-Christian businesses and organizations for theirs which is a double standard. Unfortunately, I think it's because most of the media don't subscribe to the more conservative beliefs of Christian modeled businesses and organizations, which again, is more to his point.
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    However, we get back to the definition of Christianity.

My Neice lives in Boston and immediately sent me the letterfrom the Boston Mayor on this issue. She was supportive of it. Her husband is a Baptist Pastor in Boston and she is the most Christian person I know. She is in the Northeast, though. Different culture. When some on here talk about Christianity, they believe that Southern Baptist Bible belt has all the answers and it is not up for debate on if they are right or wrong.

As for Ray's statment about concentration camps, do people know that Gay persons were put in the Jewish concentration camps during the war - Jewish or not. They were put in shirts with a pink triangle to identify them as Gay and received even harsher treatment than the Jewish people. There is a long history of persecution of Gay persons. Hmmmm....... maybe someone should start a college program on this?

Did I just stir the pot in 15 directions?
    It's not a Baptist issue Champ. And I find it interesting that the more militant side of the homosexual agenda and protest against a Christian business owner and his values brought you to this thread to defend them. And I do believe this one could be the very beginning of a terrible fire storm against Christian, or Jewish for that matter, owned businesses. This country, if maintained on the same track, will turn that direction.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see Chicago joining in the fight for equality and justice for ALL! When Christian groups attack and protest, it makes the news just as much. I fall on the side that supports equality for every individual (that doesn't harm others). I try not to judge -even those on the right wing that I disagree with, but I can see how that is difficult as I struggle with the "double standard" (to quote Tyler) in the posts that he makes. He is standing up for what he believes in, though. I am fine with that. I may disagree, but I would hate to see it not be allowed. Any Christian group can boycott and keep anti-Christian groups out, but that works both ways. When talking about a double standard, one has to use the "double" part of it. Sometimes, the argument gets turned upside down when that is done.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

And gays, but at least gays are not legally precluded by Christians from holding public office in states although Christians often campaign agaisnt them.
    Atheist aren't precluded by Christians, but by lawmakers and voters in those states.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Glad to see Chicago joining in the fight for equality and justice for ALL! When Christian groups attack and protest, it makes the news just as much. I fall on the side that supports equality for every individual (that doesn't harm others). I try not to judge -even those on the right wing that I disagree with, but I can see how that is difficult as I struggle with the "double standard" (to quote Tyler) in the posts that he makes. He is standing up for what he believes in, though. I am fine with that. I may disagree, but I would hate to see it not be allowed. Any Christian group can boycott and keep anti-Christian groups out, but that works both ways. When talking about a double standard, one has to use the "double" part of it. Sometimes, the argument gets turned upside down when that is done.
    As a Christian, your on the wrong end of this issue for argument sake (you ideas on homosexuality) only IMHO. Your heart can't be telling you this because you want Chik Fil A open on Sundays.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Atheist aren't precluded by Christians, but by lawmakers and voters in those states.
    Un, huh. What religion do you think these "lawmakers and voters" that wanted the Constitutional restriction belonged to?
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Un, huh. What religion do you think these "lawmakers and voters" that wanted the Constitutional restriction belonged to?
    That doesn't matter. As "Christians" they have no power to preclude anyone. As lawmakers and voters they do...that is the power they've used.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Yes it does make the news. However, in those instances the Christians are vilified and bashed for exercising their right to express their beliefs instead of just a straight forward article. In these instances when Christians are attacked by gays and other non-Christian organizations, those doing the attacks aren't vilified but rather glorified by those publishing the articles.

No Christians boycott (which I'm not in favor of) has received the attention that this issue has.

That doesn't matter. As "Christians" they have no power to preclude anyone. As lawmakers and voters they do...that is the power they've used.
    A distinction of no significance. The fact that the persecution was achieved through state sanctioned channels, does not make it any less of a persecution or any more moral.

A distinction of no significance. The fact that the persecution was achieved through state sanctioned channels, does not make it any less of a persecution or any more moral.
    I'd say whether something is constitutional or not is certainly of significance. What you've suggested (Christians precluded...) would be a direct violation of anti-establishment clause. What has actually happened is that voters and representatives carried out the will of the people. I do question the constitutionality of mayors, in their official capacity, discriminating against businesses based upon the moral convictions of their CEOs...that seems to be a more clear violation of the anti-establishment clause.

I'd say whether something is constitutional or not is certainly of significance. What you've suggested (Christians precluded...) would be a direct violation of anti-establishment clause. What has actually happened is that voters and representatives carried out the will of the people. I do question the constitutionality of mayors, in their official capacity, discriminating against businesses based upon the moral convictions of their CEOs...that seems to be a more clear violation of the anti-establishment clause.
    No way. Not even close. If ANYTHING violates the anti-establishment clause it is a state imposing a requirement that public office holders believe in a diety - not a city mayor trying to exclude a business because of their anti-gay politics.

No way. Not even close. If ANYTHING violates the anti-establishment clause it is a state imposing a requirement that public office holders believe in a diety - not a city mayor trying to exclude a business because of their anti-gay politics.
    "States imposing a requirement that public office holders believe in a diety" Name one. or even name where this has happened in the last 50 years. This doesn't happen!

+ Reply to Thread