+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: More persecution of Christians

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: More persecution of Christians

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

Movies and documentaries ARE NOT TELEVISION PROGRAMMING/CONTENT.

Of course...I always go to the movie theater to watch documentaries and made for TV movies etc....etc....don't you?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Made-for-tv are exceptions, but they have closed captioning too. And when regular movies come to TV, they also have closed captioning. Same for documentaries. National Geographic? Closed captioned. Discovery channel? Closed Captioned. History? Closed caption. Need I really go on and continually prove you wrong?

Some theaters do provide closed captioning for their movies by the way. I would go to one in Lacey, WA when my ears were having fits.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I think every type of visual media (TV/movie) should have closed caption available to the public. That was not and never was my point of posting that article however. You always are drawing the wrong conclusion my friend.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

And most do.

Your point was that Christians are being persecuted by this when in fact, they are not. You see, to show that they aren't being persecuted, it has to be shown that you're statement of others not being forced to do this is also wrong, which it is. If others are being forced to do it while religious programming isn't because they are a religious entity, then those religious entities are getting preferential treatment when they shouldn't be.

Did you even read the article or did you just see the title and automatically say "AHHHH, government hating on Christians again!!!NOOOOOOO"? Christianity isn't the only religion that has TV broadcast. Christian programming and all the others who had exemptions based of the "Anglers Order" don't have them now either. If they had other exemptions (which follow under the link I provided that you refuse to read), they still have those and even then, if they don't, they can apply under those. They are all being treated equally to any other business now (OMG, fairness! It's the devil I tell ya'!) and must follow the rules meant to follow the laws established by a Republican Congress...

My conclusions are always spot on, in case you haven't noticed. Well, 99% of the time. I do get my math stuff mixed up every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    And most do.

No you're wrong again. If they are going to make Christian broadcasting do it then make ALL do it!!! Not most or some or well...not these guys. That's my point!!!! You are dead wrong again. And per your hater comment I think you're the one hating here.

What part of exemptions do you not get? All religious programming has the SAME opportunity to get the SAME exemptions that anyone else has. They aren't being prevented from having exemptions. Most religious programming will qualify for the exemptions that are on the link I provided that you refuse to read. In this case, they were getting a SPECIAL exemption that did not exist under the laws or rules that actually govern closed captioning. They were getting preferential treatment. Now, they have to go through the same process that everyone else has to.

It shouldn't even be a topic or item for the FEDS to consider unless ALL will be forced to do it. You give the Feds an inch and they will take a mile. As an example, the floater balloon of Obama making charitable contributions at risk of not being tax deductable for the high wage/salary earners (those earning more than $250,000 a year) under Obama's 2010 budget. This would have killed the Christian church community and of course other charities as well. Believe me, the Feds are going after America's churches any way they can up and until they push back and say enough is enough.

All are forced to do the same thing. Either they have to provide CC, or they can get one of two exceptions. The same now goes for religious entities.

Why should any religion have preferential treatment over anyone else?

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...wwii-memorial/ No FDR prayer for WWII memorial per BHO admin.

That prayer has as much meaning as these words already on the memorial. (It was the first place I visited in 2005 and the first I will visit the next time I go to DC)

The reasoning is absolutely weak. Congress will (should) overrule him on this. The rest of the Dem caucus still love FDR.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Yes, it is a special place as is the Wall and the Korean War Memorial and I am humbled each time I visit.

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...wwii-memorial/ No FDR prayer for WWII memorial per BHO admin.
    Appalling! But I will say it's typical of this muslim President.

Why are we not surprised at this pro-Muslim, anti-Christian, faux President and administration? They are increasingly blatant and less subtle about it.

This is just one more abomination among many, which include cancelling the National Day of Prayer at the White House but honoring the Muslim Ramadan holiday. Obama is an admitted raised Muslim. He was elected largely by racists, welfare recipients, and the approximately 50% of the population who pay no taxes. He is an embarrassment!

Many recent earthquakes, including that in DC, are no doubt caused by our Founding Fathers and the many who died for America turning over in their graves.

Article
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...lines_20111104

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council said it's not all that surprising.

"This is further evidence that the administration has created an environment that is hostile towards American history -- but in particular towards Christianity," Perkins told Fox News. "I hope America wakes up and realizes what this administration is doing to this country and how they want to radically and fundamentally change America."

"They want to erase every aspect of America's heritage," Perkins said of Obama's administration. "Any president, any official in history that has embraced Christianity, is no longer welcome in this administration. That's the environment they are creating." By their fruits we will know them.

:bigcry:
    Vandals defecate on pulpit, bust church windows

Multiple congregations hit in church vandalism spree in rural part of North Carolina
    msnbc.com and NBC News

updated 1 hour 23 minutes ago 2011-11-15T14:49:59

ANSONVILLE, N.C. — Vandals spray-painted "House of the Devil" on a wall, defecated on the pulpit and broke every stained-glass window at a church in North Carolina — the worst-hit of several churches that were vandalized in the area.

The Anson County and Stanly County sheriff’s offices along with the State Bureau of Investigation are investigating the string of vandalism, which occurred early Monday, NBC station WCNC in Charlotte reported.
    The hardest-hit church — Cedar Hill AME Zion Church in Ansonville east of Charlotte — was in ruins Monday night as Ansonville Volunteer Fire Fighters and church elders tried to clean up a mess so devastating it left many church members in tears.
    See video and read the WCNC story
    Spray painted on the building were phrases “God is a lie” and “House of the Devil,” as well as racial slurs and swastikas. The church's congregation is predominantly black.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45303711...me_and_courts/

I would say that one is a target of blacks and not a target of Christians. Churches are just easy targets when compared to any other place.

+ Reply to Thread