+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Numbers that BOTHER me -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Numbers that BOTHER me -

Here is our record OUT WEST since 1990

1991 (8-1-2) - won @ UTEP
    1992 (5-6) - LOST @ Fresno
    1993 (2-9) - LOST @ San Jose, LOST @ Utah St
    1994 (3-8) - LOST @ UNLV
    1995 (5-6) - LOST @ NMST, LOST @ Pacific
    1997 (9-2) - won @ BSU
    1998 (6-6) - LOST @ Wyoming
    1999 (8-3) - LOST @ USC
    2000 (3-9) - LOST @ Hawaii
    2001 (7-5) - LOST @ Fresno, won @ Nev, won @ UTEP, LOST @ Clemson(Boise)
    2002 (4-8) - LOST @ San Jose, LOST @ Boise
    2003 (5-7) - LOST @ Fresno, won @ UTEP, won @ Nev
    2004 (6-6) - LOST @ Hawaii, LOST @ Boise
    2005 (4-3) - LOST @ Nevada

Since 1991 we are 6-17 on the road out WEST - only one of those loses have been to a BCS team in the regular season, the other was to Clemson at Boise in the Humanitarian Bowl when we won the WAC

The six wins -

1 @ Boise before they were in the WAC in thier 1st or 2nd year of D-1A ball -
    2 @ Nevada
    3 @ UTEP

These are the numbers that scare me - no matter how good or how bad our teams have been we have struggled on the ROAD west -

Let's hope that changes saturday -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Re: Numbers that BOTHER me -

Way to ignite that tech spirit.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

I'm a realist -

They got to SHOW me something -

If firmly believe that IF we lose Saturday - we lose out for the year -

If we win Saturday we could very well run the table -

I would feel much more comfortable playing Idaho and then Utah St -

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Spin those numbers...

Well in each occurance with three or more games out west, Tech has lost the first game and gone on to win both the second and third game.

Go Dawgs!!! Keep the trend alive!

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here

In 1995 that game in Las Cruces started a downward spiral for the Bulldogs. They started 4-1, but finished 1-5.

I really thought that Tech would win out there against New Mexico St. and believed then that it would be the make or break game of the season. It appears that the Dogs forgot to show up for that one.

This game reminds me very much of the position Tech was in back in that season. I agree with Dwayne. If the Bulldogs win this one they will finish 7-4 or 8-3. If they lose this one the season will be lost with it.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    If we win Saturday we could very well run the table -

I would feel much more comfortable playing Idaho and then Utah St -
    FWIW, I agree 100% with those 2 comments.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    In 1995 that game in Las Cruces started a downward spiral for the Bulldogs. They started 4-1, but finished 1-5.

I really thought that Tech would win out there against New Mexico St. and believed then that it would be the make or break game of the season. It appears that the Dogs forgot to show up for that one.

This game reminds me very much of the position Tech was in back in that season. I agree with Dwayne. If the Bulldogs win this one they will finish 7-4 or 8-3. If they lose this one the season will be lost with it.
    I'm gonna assume that we lose to fresno. That being said ANY game we lose the season is gone with it.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

I think the negative road numbers are going to be a motivator for the team. I think it gives them a real focus (win these two and get bowl eligible) against teams they should be able to beat.

I also think this team is a good one and can take their game up several more notches than what we have seen.

We are yet to really put it all together against a big time opponent and I think the guys are motivated to do that vs. Boise or Fresno or both...but know that if they lose one of these it will not matter.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    I think the negative road numbers are going to be a motivator for the team. I think it gives them a real focus (win these two and get bowl eligible) against teams they should be able to beat.

I also think this team is a good one and can take their game up several more notches than what we have seen.

We are yet to really put it all together against a big time opponent and I think the guys are motivated to do that vs. Boise or Fresno or both...but know that if they lose one of these it will not matter.
    I hope you are right, Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by domangue
    Spin those numbers...

Well in each occurance with three or more games out west, Tech has lost the first game and gone on to win both the second and third game.
    And how did you arrive at that analysis?

No spin -

HISTORICAL DATA -

I don't care how it's spun. The Ags would be happy to give you that first loss if it guarantees you win out. We're generous that way!

We'll just pretend you've never been to Nevada.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    1999 (8-3) - LOST @ USC
    We were ranked #25, favored to win at USC, and probably lined up for a bowl game! Very painful game to watch.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg
    We were ranked #25, favored to win at USC, and probably lined up for a bowl game! Very painful game to watch.
    Even a close loss might have kept Tech in the bowl picture. Awful way for the Rattay era to close out.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

it was painful. but usc was very good and had returned several starters they had lost to injury earlier in the season. they were not the same team when they faced us as they were the rest of the season. it's kinda like the 2001 game against kansas state. if we had played them when the game was originally scheduled, we probably would have beat them badly. but since it was postponed to the end of the year, we faced them with most of their key starters back and something to prove.

that being said, that 1999 Tech team just did not show up for the usc game. in fact, that was when i first realized how poorly Tech typically does out west.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I didn't remember being favored. What I do remember........Rattay didn't have his best game, but when he did hit our sure handed receivers, they were not. That USC team had some sho' nuff speed!

+ Reply to Thread